can fish be thirsty?

Ponik

can fish be thirsty?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. can fish be thirsty?

Most fish are hypertonic, which means they cant get thirsty as when they are under water their gills absorb water at a constant pace, making it where they can't get thorsty. But if they're left on land I guess they get thorsty as well as breath in to much oxygen...?

[- Sector Advisor Lucifer | Head Admin of ImperialRP -]

~ Our duty as Soldiers is to protect the Empire, no matter the cost... ~

9 hours ago, [GL] Ahegao said:

Most fish are hypertonic, which means they cant get thirsty as when they are under water their gills absorb water at a constant pace, making it where they can't get thorsty. But if they're left on land I guess they get thorsty as well as breath in to much oxygen...?

bruh

You see ocean water isn't the same as actual water we drink since half of the ocean water is salt, therefore if humans were to drink salt water we would probably be dehydrated. Sooooooo then making it that fish are really thirsty ( I don't what I'm talking about)

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

• 2 weeks later...

"They don't ever get thirsty. Marine fish are what's called hypertonic to the seawater. So essentially, they lose water through their gills to the seawater. ... So really, they're never going to get thirsty because they're going to drink tiny amounts of seawater as and when they need it and keep themselves topped up".

-The Naked Scientists

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Galaxy Mist said:

im trying to imagine.

same....

Currently -- | COL of PD | EMT of EMS | LVL 7 of UMC | Staff | Owner of CC Mar and Sike | Lieutenant STATE | Forums Diplomat | 

Was -- | DAD of FBI | MSGT of HRT | SA of Secret Service | IRA | Support staff | Event Team | CC Member of HRT | CSM Of SCU 1R45 | Retired Chief Constable of SCO19 | DOC CPT |                                 

Things always come and go but its your choice to choose  what you want to continue to see.   -  Mar

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bread locked this topic