[GL] Heinrich Karls

Steam Name: [GL] Heinrich Karls

Ingame Name: Karls

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:513619733

Have you donated to the server?: No

Staff Restriction Length: Permanent but appealable

Staff Member that Staff Restricted you: Rang

Reason for Staff Restriction: "Staff on another server"

Why do you think that your Staff Restriction should be removed? (longer the better): So me and a close friend are making a server and he chose me to be his Head of Staff, I was currently a Moderator when I accepted to be Head of staff but someone told igneous and so on. we where not going to be making a Server for months and we only had a discord so Technically i was not staff on another server. yes it was another community but it was only me and the onwer and we wearnt going to be making a server for months as ive already said. I really enjoyed my time on Gaming light but i want to continue making other people happy and making sure they get the fun RP experience they came for. So i hope you take me into consideration,      Karls  
P.S. no longer on another community, Gaming light for the win!

Edited by [GL] Heinrich Karls

You accepted an offer to become Head of Staff with another community, which is against the staff handbook:

7). Staff members are not allowed to hold staff positions with other communities.

Whether the community was up and running or not, you accepted the position and at that point were breaking the handbook. Additionally, you decided to keep the fact you had accepted the position secret, rather than informing Igneous, because you know that what you were doing was wrong.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Look I'mma be honest, if the server was only in development and would not have been up and running for several months, I can understand why he did not inform Igneous, because technically he was not staffing for another server. The server did not exist. It was merely in planning stages. Also, when we say community, do we mean GMod? Or do we mean literally any community from any game? And why is this a rule? This honestly seems like an extreme reason to permaban someone from GamingLight Staff.

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Look I'mma be honest, if the server was only in development and would not have been up and running for several months, I can understand why he did not inform Igneous, because technically he was not staffing for another server. The server did not exist. It was merely in planning stages. Also, when we say community, do we mean GMod? Or do we mean literally any community from any game? And why is this a rule? This honestly seems like an extreme reason to permaban someone from GamingLight Staff.

There are many reasons why you can't be staff on another sever. 

For a start, staff are accepting a position to be active, dedicated and has to reflect well throughout. Being in multiple staff teams could decrease activity or render effectiveness on the individual. 

Secondly, being in multiple staff teams could cause further issues, like arguing which staff team/server is better, advising and player poaching. This can include GMOD and other gaming servers. There are many others but this is why we keep it to this. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2

PoliceRP Manager

10 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

You accepted an offer to become Head of Staff with another community, which is against the staff handbook:

7). Staff members are not allowed to hold staff positions with other communities.

Whether the community was up and running or not, you accepted the position and at that point were breaking the handbook. Additionally, you decided to keep the fact you had accepted the position secret, rather than informing Igneous, because you know that what you were doing was wrong.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

I'm -/+Support, on the one hand he did break the rule of 'Not allowed to staff on another server' but at the same time, the server and the community itself did and does not exist. The title of Head of Staff means nothing when you're in a 5 man group.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support

You very clearly knew what you were doing was wrong, yet did it anyways. If you had resigned from staff before accepting the other position, we wouldn't be having any issues. But you did what you did, and received the same punishment that anyone else would have gotten. You don't get a second chance when you knew that you shouldn't have done it in the first place.