Field Medic Cormad - False Warn Report

AlaskaNewGuy

Name In-Game: AlaskaSteam                                                                           ID: STEAM_1:1:124080290

Admin's Name In-Game: Field Medic Cormad                                               Admin's Steam Name/ID : Unknown

Warning Recieved: "spamming 1048-A swep"

Evidence of the warn: Capture2.PNG.39bfb704316a1dbf601ec938a2be76f8.PNG

This warn is false because:

What happened - It was my first time playing as SCP-1048-A, my second day on the SCP-RP Gaminglight Server, which I rather enjoy. In total, I used the 1048-A swep 3 times. The second time I used it was about 1 minute after the first, and immediately after, I was private messaged and told in /ooc the rules regarding playing as SCP-1048-A. I understood the rules and waited 5 minutes. After those 5 minutes was up, I used the swep again, but was pushed away with a phase gun and frozen by a researcher. After being frozen I was brought and warned without explanation and in text communication was not read or responded to. (On further investigation, the Admin claimed to be using his microphone for voice-chat, but no audio was coming though). I would never intentionally break any rules on Gaminglight Servers, as they are like a home and family to me. 

What is Spamming? - "Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the repeated use of the same item or action. For example, "grenade spamming" is the act of a player throwing many grenades in succession into an area. In fighting games, one form of spamming would be to execute the same offensive maneuver or combo so many times in succession that one's opponent does not receive a chance to escape the series of blows." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(video_games)#Weapon_spamming

Summary of What Happened - This weapon, the 1048-A swep, was only used twice in a row, and used a third time after a proper waiting interval.

Conclusion - There is no need for a "spamming 1048-A swep" warning as there was there was very little "spamming" going on. The incident of two uses of the 1048-A swep within 1 minute from each other does not lay the grounds for a spamming warning, intentional or not. I do appologize for the incident, and hope that you understand that this warn is false.

Any extra information: Capture.thumb.PNG.7f5e10c47f51c08975f6ee7d98b195f4.PNG

i had received multiple reports that you were spamming the swep, the event team doing the event put into admin chat as well you were spamming, i was going off the reports were given. You were told after the first report to not spam the swep so after that i  moved forward to a formal warn. I apologize if it inconvenienced you i was simply following what was given to me 

• Gaminglight Love 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I conducted a check of the logs regarding this incident. According to server logs the 1048-A swep was used at the following times:

1) 1:02:01 PM

2) 1:02:31 PM

- Player was then advised via PMs regarding the spamming rule -

3) 1:06:23 PM

Based on log evidence this is a violation of SCP 1048-A's rule of: "The SWEP has a 5-minute cool down before it can be used again." per the MOTD. Failing to abide by the cool down does constitute spamming, even if only used twice, but per the logs you failed to follow the cool down on the third usage of the SWEP as well. 

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021