Game Theorist's Senior Admin Application - Denied

[GL] Game Theorist

Should I become a Senior Admin? (Please state why)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become a Senior Admin? (Please state why)

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Game Theorist

What is your steam name?: [GL] Game Theorist

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:95295033

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) 

Former Super Admin of a DarkRP Server (Discontinued in mid-2018)

Former Admin of a Cinema Server (Discontinued in late 2017)

Current Admin on Gaminglight PoliceRP

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

Exactly 11/16/18

What date did you make your forums account?

11/23/2018

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?

Admin/Event Team

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?

0 (Never Appealed) 

Have you donated?

Yes

What rank are you applying for?

Senior Admin/Event Team

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?

No

Have you read the staff guidelines at? You will be tested on it:

Yes

Timezone: 

Pacific Standard Time Zone

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):

Manager: Igneous

Head of Staff: Matthew

Head Admin: Myan

Super Admins: Calamity, Mikey, Matthew, Shadow, Emoo, Awg, Badaim   (Got 4 extra permissions!)

15. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe I deserve the rank of Senior Admin for many reasons that are stated in these sections:

Activity & Time on Administration Job

To start, I am a very active Staff Member and I am always willing to get on duty at any-time to assist others. I have a large sit count, and I have lots of time & experience staffing on the Administration Job. When I became staff a year ago, I was told what was expected of me as a Staff Member. Today marks my 426th day active as a Staff Member (excluding when I was hospitalized.) During this time, over 1000 sits have been taken, and hundreds of hours have been spent administrating on Gaminglight servers and maintaining a positive role-playing environment.

Experience & Observations 

in addition to my activity on Gaminglight let's talk about my past and current experiences and why they contributed to where I am today. Firstly, I have lots of prior experience staffing. I've seen & dealt with just about every single situation that you could possibly imagine. To list the major ones (outside & inside of Gaminglight) doxxers, hackers, scammers, spammers, dissing, real-life threats (law enforcement was involved once. *past staff experience*), and many more. In addition, combined with my prior experience I would say I have about 3000 sits to my name (and more to come).

Community Reputation & Contributions

Another reason I believe I deserve the rank of Senior Admin is because of my community contributions & positive reputation. Today, I hold the positions of Admin, Support II, Forum Diplomat, and Co-Event Team Leader. These community contributions prove my dedication to the community and provide me with excellent staffing experience which I can then utilize in other parts of the Community. Following my contributions is my reputation. Therefore, my reputation so far for many has been excellent. I have gained friendship & trust within many in the community and hold a clean roleplay record. Therefore to date, I have zero warnings, zero staff strikes, and zero staff reports held against me.

Maturity & Responsibility

With lots of responsibility comes lots of required responsibility & maturity. I believe I have continued to act maturely within the Gaminglight community and shown that I can handle a staff position. As stated previously, I adhere strictly to any and all rules set upon me and therefore have zero warnings (and none have ever been appealed). This exhibition of maturity has contributed largely to my success and current core relationships within Gaminglight. I am confident that I am ready for the next step in the Staff Team & the responsibilities that follow.

16. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

To start, I would attempt to calm them down while keeping my composure. If my attempt failed I would gag/mute them depending on the severity of the dissing to help calm them down. When I finally have the reported user under control, I would then carry on with sit gathering all the evidence I needed in order to take administrative action. Depending on the severity of the dissing, I may decide to add another day (and reason) on top of the 5-day ban (as stated in the staff handbook for Mass RDM). New players (Ex: Less than 3 hours with no prior punishments) would call for leniency on my part and I would then decide to warn & jail them for their offenses. During the jail term, I would recommend reading the MOTD and informing them of the rules. If a ban is issued, I would inform the user why they are getting banned, how long the ban will be, and how to appeal the ban if they believe it was false.

17. These questions are only for people applying for Admin/Senior Admin/Super Admin:

-What would you do if you think a player is an alt account?

I would observe the player for identifying marks such as (similar voice, similar username, etc.) after making an accusation against them that they are an alt account, I would pull them aside and keep them in my custody until I can contact an available JMT member to give their input on the situation. While waiting for JMT to respond, I would ask in admin chat if they too noticed anything suspicious about the user in an attempt to gain more information for the assisting JMT member to utilize.  

-What would you do if a player is threating to chargeback? 

I would teleport to them & kindly explain that chargebacks will result in an immediate blacklist. Depending on the reason that they chose for a chargeback (Ex: "I didn't get whitelisted") I would help them accordingly (to fix their issue so it wouldn't be necessary)  and firmly discourage a chargeback. If a chargeback is carried on with, I would keep the player in my custody and give appropriate evidence to SMT so a blacklist may be issued. 

-A family is mass minging and causing issues, how would you stop the family from minging?

If no user reports have been made, I would teleport the head of the family to a roof. I would kindly explain that the actions of the family members are unacceptable, and further misbehavior may result in punishments (warns for FailRP and NitRP). If the family continued to act inappropriately & continued to break rules I would teleport the entire family to the roof & gag each one of them (so I don't get interrupted) and explain that they were already warned, now they are subject to punishment. From this point on bans/warns will be given out for each member of the family that broke a rule and warn them to hopefully incentivize the rest of the family to not break rules or they too may be subject to the same punishment.

-How would you deal with a situation you don't know what to/don't know the answer to? (Don't answer with "I know everything!")

If I do not know how to act on a certain situation, I would kindly ask in admin chat if anyone can answer my question/give their input on the scenario and how it should be dealt with. If no one is available I would follow the chain of command and turn to other sources such as TeamSpeak or Discord to ensure a proper decision is made.

Edited by [GL] Game Theorist

spacer.png

I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶i̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶u̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶ ̶

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶l̶

+ Support For reasons below,

I won't delete what I said before as other people have quoted/talked about it, but know this may not be the reason that it was deleted/hidden

Edited by Rick Sanchez

47 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

+/- 

I really want to give you a positive support because you're a great staff member but I feel like the double hiding and then deleting of this application shows a real lack of maturity and ability to take constructive criticism well.

You also have forgotten the poll

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

The reasons above are why I believe you should be promoted to the rank of Senior Admin.

Game Theorist is a trusted and dedicated staff member. Being Co-Leader of the PRP Event Team along with being a Forum Diplomat and a member of TS Support comes to show that.

As for what Sanchez mentioned about your last application, I would recommend leaving it be no matter what kind of support you're receiving, as it will tell you how others view your staffing ability and how you can improve. I somewhat agree with what he is saying, but not enough to give you negative support.

I hope to see you as a Senior Admin soon.

Good luck Game Theorist!

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

The reasons above are why I believe you should be promoted to the rank of Senior Admin.

Game Theorist is a trusted and dedicated staff member. Being Co-Leader of the PRP Event Team along with being a Forum Diplomat and a member of TS Support comes to show that.

As for what Sanchez mentioned about your last application, I would recommend leaving it be no matter what kind of support you're receiving, as it will tell you how others view your staffing ability and how you can improve. I somewhat agree with what he is saying, but not enough to give you negative support.

Good luck Game Theorist!

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

18 minutes ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

Is a good staff member and I believe he deserves his a chance! Good luck!

4 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

5 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

Good Luck!

PoliceRP SMTHead Admin | Head Of Support

17 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

PoliceRP Manager

18 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

Keuka UMC

After Dark kinda guy 

18 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck!

-Corn

+ Support

-Dedicated
-Helpful
-Active
-Co-leader of Event Team, so is good with dealing with people and things

Good luck on Senior Admin!

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

On 4/13/2020 at 6:47 AM, Asuka said:

+ Support

-Dedicated
-Helpful
-Active
-Co-leader of Event Team, so is good with dealing with people and things

Good luck on Senior Admin!

Game is an amazing dude. Always being so nice and stern when he needs to be! 

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 4/10/2020 at 6:18 PM, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

Derick | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | FBI Deputy Director Derick RA3 | 

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

On 4/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!

+Support

- Active

- Dedicated to GL

- Friendly

- Responsible

Good luck Game Theorist!