Lag has driven me away

TerPepsi1

Hi all,

I wanted to say I mean no disrespect to anyone on this server. I know SMT certainly works very hard, and this isn't a personal attack in any way. This being said, I have noticed Gaminglight receives an unnaturally high amount of lag, even for such a big server. I've been a part of this community for ~6 years (or whenever the server originally came up) on and off, This makes me think that the issues gaminglight has are not related necessarily to the features we add. Recently, the drugs mod was replaced with a downgraded version. Most suggestions are denied because of "lag," and I believe that the server quality is, as a result, compromised. I'm no expert, but I suspect the issue is likely with the server hosts, or an unnecessarily high amount of files. Anyways, I don't know what the issue is, but I guess I wanted to quit Gaminglight on a good note. I think you guys should take a look at new server hosts because for such a large server, it seems strange that you wouldn't be able to invest in some lag-clearing methods that don't involve purging the quality of the server.

Best of luck to SMT in the future.

All of this week has been devoted to SMT improving the server and its lag, loading times etc.. Lag this week was to be expected. The owner himself said so, as it's just part of the process when it comes to getting it's addons sorted.

Regardless, sorry to see that it has driven you away. Plenty of players have been here for months to years and have dealt with these things and they have yet to leave.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Alex Raddish said:

With a server this large, and with so many custom files/classes lag is bound to occur. That being said SMT has been working hard recently to resolve it.

-Agreed ^^^

This server HAS A LOT of addons to help players have fun. Also with the amount of players we usually have or can hold its a lot to process. 

❤️ GL Police RP!! Only the strong survive!

& Good Job to SMT, all admins, all the people that work hard and sacrifice their own time to make sure we enjoy our game! 

• Like 2

1. You just advertised. (Removed sentences)
2. We have ~120 CC's. We planning to removed inactive CC's as that will significantly help load in times and etc.
3. If your having bad FPS, do !fps is chat, that thing works bro, specially disabling skybox for me. 
4. We have the best server host we can get. 
5. We did not remove the old drug system for no reason, we knew players liked it. That is why we added another one that did lag WAY less!

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor