GMod 2?

Cree

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the coming Garry's mod 2? I feel like it might not live up to the hype and will be essentially the same game with a lightly upgraded game engine. The game will not be called Garry's mod (S&Box) and will supposedly have VR support. That would open it up to new addons, right? That's all I've gathered from pcgamesn.com and sites like that as well as Garry's own tweets. Would Gaming-Light move over to this new game- I have so many unanswered questions with this new game.

Your favorite user rank Cree

Give me some feedback πŸ™‚

In my opinion, I don't see the point in a second Garry's Mod. If you ask me, the original will last for a long time due to its massive modding community and overall player-base. There is literally an infinite amount of things you can do in this game its ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…βŠ°β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…βˆ™βˆ˜β˜½ΰΌ“β˜Ύβˆ˜βˆ™β€’β‹…β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…βŠ°β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…β‹…β€’β‹…

• 1 month later...

I've seen this pop up recently, and as far as I'm concerned the next Garry's mod won't be successful because I bet many server owner will want to hassle and get used to the new platform. Alongside that it's literally VRchat but with sandbox as far as VR goes. Anyways, hype will be big but in the end it'll most likely fail.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:56 PM, SupremeLord Kami said:

I've seen this pop up recently, and as far as I'm concerned the next Garry's mod won't be successful because I bet many server owner will want to hassle and get used to the new platform. Alongside that it's literally VRchat but with sandbox as far as VR goes. Anyways, hype will be big but in the end it'll most likely fail.

Β 

Hello Cree,

This is the same situation with Starcraft and Starcraft 2. People didn't exactly want to switch over 100% at first which meant all it did was split the base at first. However, the newer item will eventually start to gain traction as people made gamemodes whatnot to function in its code and as that gets more stable and fleshed out people eventually started leaving starcraft till it was essentially a ghost of the former community. People still play the game but definitely no where near as much as before. Garrys Mod has a long long history of addons and server environments and at first there may not be much of a reason to move platforms. But as the next Garrys mod becomes more and more stable, more addons are put in and the stability of the code and engine improves beyond what the current Garrys mod can handle (Due to it being newer), eventually players will start playing more on the newer version and owners will eventually have to prepare to move platforms or risk losing a lot of their player base to the newer platforms.

I don't think people will move right away but I doubt they wouldn't keep updating the next garrys mod as the entire community thrives on this addon environment that we've created. Unless they absolutely botch its release and future developmentsomehow, eventually people will flock to the new one if they keep the community development that they have for the current garrys mod.

Edited by Matricies

• 2 weeks later...

Gmod 2 might actually happen, however it work similar as gmod. This is because gmod runs off the source engine, and with the release of source 2 means a new gmod. I’ve seen footage of S&Box and seems just like gmod but way more polished. I would love to see gaming light make another server for S&Box because source 2 is more powerful then source 1.Β 

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

Β 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bread locked this topic