Brigand's Research Command Application

TheBrigand

Name: Brigand

Current Rank: Lead Researcher

Time in Research (Approximate): 2.5 Months

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100-word minimum)

I think I would be a good fit for command because I have a genuine interest in growing the research department and creating more activities for our branch to do. I think I have a knack for creating events and organizing things. I haven't really gotten the chance to do much of that in my current position because I of course don't want to overstep my bounds, but I would love to help organize events for our branch like some that we've had in the past. There was a really good one where we went with MTF to investigate an anomaly on the surface. It would be great if we could do some field expeditions with a small group of researchers given the new map change and I would love to help organize things like that. I'm also one of the most active people in research and am on pretty much ever single day, since I was a SR, I've trained probably about 25+ new researchers. As a LR, I've also been doing my part to enforce rules and have tried to keep the branch free from minges and people who break the MOTD. I know that I've had some misunderstandings within research in the past, but as I've gained rank within the branch, I've learned a lot about how important it is to set a good example for the rest of researchers as doing something "Mingey" can really set a precedent for those just joining the branch. Additionally, I think I've done good work as a researcher and all my test logs were graded as "quality". I am confident that I would make a good addition to low command.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)?

There are several things that I would try to do to make research more active. Firstly, if given the opportunity, I would love to start grading test logs. Recently I've seen the quality of a lot of test logs improving but with the large influx of new researchers, it has been a bit hard for command to keep up with grading. I know that we've implemented the google form for tests, but I still think it's very enjoyable to write out a full test log and to customize it how you would like. As someone in command, I would be very on top of grading test logs as reading others test logs is something that I genuinely enjoy. Additionally, as I mentioned before, I would like to see our department have more events besides mass tests which often don't go so smoothly  and to do events that would perhaps take a couple researchers for field work out of the facility to investigate anomalous activity on the surface. I would also petition for the addition of a couple new SCPs. There is a great mod pack on the workshop that has like 10 SCP object entities that could very easily be implemented into the server. With the new space the facility has, I would try to get a couple of these added to the server to fill up some of the empty chambers in HCZ and give us waaay more stuff to test on and cross-test with. In general, I would push for more content to be added for us to work with. I think that as someone who is very active, has trained many JRs, and, after being in research for several months, has a good understanding of SCP lore, I would be able to significantly help push for more activity in the branch as low command and make a good addition to the team.    

Edited by Our Lord Gabe

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

+SUPPORT!

Brigand's one cool dude, and definitely a fit for Research Command. While he does like to mess around sometimes and have fun, he's never been one to go against protocol at inappropriate times from what I've seen. He's open-minded when it comes to issues involving him, and he's down with the role-play aspect of SCPRP. I feel that Brigand would be a good addition. My only negative is that I feel like he could interact with researchers more often. From conversations I've had with him, he could definitely be a valuable person for researchers to go to for help or advice.

+ support 

I know you kinda hate me, but I can't have bias. You seem like a good fit for a command position, with some training you will be a very good command. You have a decent amount of time in research, and experience too.

ImpRP

Retired Marshall

SCPRP

Retired Foundation Doctor

1 hour ago, Son said:

+ support 

I know you kinda hate me, but I can't have bias. You seem like a good fit for a command position, with some training you will be a very good command. You have a decent amount of time in research, and experience too.

I really appreciate this man. I hope we can move past what happened before and be friends again. I think the whole thing was just a big misunderstanding.

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

On 4/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, G4M3R said:

+SUPPORT!

Brigand's one cool dude, and definitely a fit for Research Command. While he does like to mess around sometimes and have fun, he's never been one to go against protocol at inappropriate times from what I've seen. He's open-minded when it comes to issues involving him, and he's down with the role-play aspect of SCPRP. I feel that Brigand would be a good addition. My only negative is that I feel like he could interact with researchers more often. From conversations I've had with him, he could definitely be a valuable person for researchers to go to for help or advice.

Heavy +Support

Brigand is extremely active and well known, I have never had a single bad interaction with the man ever. Coming from a gensec command point of view he also actively works to improve gensec - research relations which I highly value. You gotta pick this guy, good luck to you boss I mean Brigand

• Gaminglight Love 1

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

+Support 

It's good to see someone who wants to put time and dedication towards their department and better it as a whole, i personally think that you would make for a fine addition to the research command team. Good luck on your application!

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."