Advice & Tips COVID-19

Munchies

Hello,

Just thought I would give some advice about what's going on and what's happening. Our world population is suffering from the COVID-19 and many people are talking and wanting to know information. Not sure if you guys watch the news or the media, but most countries are making rules and laws about this virus and are they're trying their best to do everything as they can, as this was very unexpected. You don't have to, but I would highly recommending watching the news and the media for any updates about the current virus that is going around and you will need to know what to do etc.

In most countries, schools are closed or slowly closing. Which means most of you guys are to complete online school work, and I know it may be a bit stressful and heaps boring to do. But I will give some tips and advice. If you don't want to be read these tips or advice, It doesn't bother me, people have different opinions or have better solutions to handle this. But I'm doing this to make sure everyone is alright and if they're stressing, they can refer back to this!

Set your alarm for an early start - Make sure you had plenty of sleep 8 hours+ and make sure you set an alarm early just like you do, when you go to school! The earlier you're up, the more you can achieve in the day.

Have a designated workspace - If you're working on the couch, or in bed, you're far more likely to get distracted by phones, TV or pets. Set up your books and laptop at a desk or the kitchen table and make that your zone for learning.

Take breaks - At school you would usually get a break for lunch or recess. Take those breaks when learning from home too! No one expects you to work non-stop for the whole day. You will be even more stressed and tired for doing all this work in one day, remember take breaks!

Don't stress - You guys are learning a new curve. Your teachers will be patient and understanding about this whole situation, but I recommend you to let them know if you are struggling. It is important to remember that everyone is in the same boat as you.

Keeping in touch - I would highly suggest keeping in touch with your teachers, they probably know this is a confusing stressful time for everyone and want to help make it as easy a process as they can. Remember you have your teachers to refer to back, you don't want to be stressing or struggling with any work and you're too late for asking for help etc. So keep in contact!

Lastly, look after yourselves! Physically, emotionally and mentally. Reach out if you need to talk to someone, go for a walk if you're feeling restless and remember: this is temporary.

It's very important to exercise and get outside once and awhile, don't just stay home all week. Go out and go for a walk/jog and have a positive mindset, staying home and not doing anything, will make you more stress and bored. Catch up with a friend and see how they're going but make sure you're keeping a distance of a 1.5 meter, it's always best to check up on your friends and see how they're going and giving any advice to them.

Make sure you're wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet. Cover your cough and sneeze with your inner elbow, inside your shirt or tissues, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. And if unwell, avoid contact with others and if you're still feeling unwell, see a your local doctor or hospital to get tested or just a check-up. It's very important to keep yourself clean and hydrated throughout this situation, make sure you have a good hygiene and getting plenty of fluids in your body such as water, or any other drinking fluids. 

6 benefits of staying hydrated

Water helps prevent dry mouth. Water keeps your throat and lips moist and prevents your mouth from feeling dry.

Water promotes cardiovascular health.

Water keeps your body cool.

Water helps muscles and joints work better.

Water keeps skin supple.

Water helps cleanse your body — inside and out.

Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and biting your nails. If you have touched a surface whether in public or at home and you haven't washed your hands or didn't use any alcohol-based hand sanitizer and you have just touched your face whether that be your mouth, nose, nails etc. You may expect some symptoms throughout the week, but you may be lucky if you don't get any symptoms. Also, avoid contacting with others, don't shake anyone hands. If you really want to shake someones hand, then touch elbows or knees.

That's all I have to say for now! I will keep any updates or any information that you may want to know. If you have anything else you would like add to this, feel free to post it below! I hope everyone is doing alright and keeping safe from this virus. I'm here for anyone that needs to talk or needs help with anything. Feel free to message me on the forums, discord, teamspeak, etc! I would be happily to answer any of your questions or anything you want to talk about!

Kind Regards

Munchies

6/04/2020

Edited by Munchies
  • Thanks 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

Thanks for the great tips! I will keep these in mind!

Edited by TheJayden

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

Thought I should add to not break the 6 foot rule and avoid other people. Estimates say 14% of people have been within close contact of someone with the covid-19 virus in my state so I'm only going out for food at this point. Good luck not dying boys

Your favorite user rank Cree

Give me some feedback 🙂

This is great advice, especially since my parents have weak immune systems and are at higher risk. Thank you for sharing this for everyone!

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

On 4/8/2020 at 4:31 AM, Your Local Soviet said:

This is great advice, especially since my parents have weak immune systems and are at higher risk. Thank you for sharing this for everyone!

I'm glad that I could help!

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

On 4/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, Your Local Soviet said:

yeah this is some great advice especially since I'm in the medical field seeing this whole COVID-19 thing is puts life in perspective in a way of how fragile our bodies are in a way and how our society is affected but such a thing

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

• Bread locked this topic