Juno Arborius' Command Application : CANCELLED

G4M3R

Name: Juno Arborius.

Current Rank: Lead Researcher.

Time in Research (Approximate): Trained on March 3rd, 2020, so almost four weeks.

Why should you be research command, AKA what can you bring to the table that the rest of command can't? (100-word minimum): When it comes to Command/Staff positions, I'm no rookie. I have been an Admin and developer on multiple role-play servers, of which many people can vouch for my professionalism and drive for such things that I'm passionate about. I am no stranger to dealing with reviewing sheets, dealing with conflicts, and working in higher ranks to advance communities. In the last month that I've been in the Research division, I have already shown what sort of skills I can bring to the table. I have shown leadership through holding multiple seminars trying to help people get creative with their testing. I've even helped specific people turn seemingly bland tests into something more outlandish that can be praised as original. I have shown maturity and professionalism through some of the issues and conflicts I found myself in with the division. Regardless of what happens, I almost always apologize for misunderstandings, and take responsibility for things I'm at fault for. I've shown drive and inspiration through the various in-character e-mails and letters I have sent to others, as well as reaching out to other researchers to joint-test. Anyone can look at my testing logs and my thoughts on character creation to know that I'm serious about what I do. This server, and this division, already has my highest respect because of the role-play that I get out of it, and now I request that I step up such a position to join Command and help lead Research into new frontiers.

What will you do to make research more active and better? (100 word minimum)(Tangible items like activity, expertise or the ability to run trainings, etc)?: I think that Command shouldn't just be limited to grading/authorizing tests. I want to become more hands-on when it comes to Command. As a member of Research Command, I will try to portray myself to researchers not just as someone who grades and approves, but someone they can reach out to for help in making their tests better, and advancing their own creativity. I will, as I already am now, continuously check in on others and show interest in their tests, helping them come up with something that will 'wow' test-graders every single time. As well as that, I want to be able to encourage researchers from a position of authority and respect to research SCP's properly to fully understand what they're tampering with when testing, as I've seen too many researchers not bother with the nitty-gritty specifics. I'll shift this division from shots in the dark to ventures into the unknown.

Edited by G4M3R

1 hour ago, Felwinter said:

- / + Support:

+: Has shown dedication, good behaviour and has provided exceptional work. 

-: You’ve only been on the server for 4 weeks, and haven’t really created a “profile” or “reputation”. 

Gotta agree with this one.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

PLEASE LOCK POST. 

I've heard different conversations about the whole topic of 'time on the server', and... I agree. Perhaps it's best that I gain standing and reputation on the server first as a different role. I do want to help lead research into a new frontier, but it's best if someone who has been here longer than I have takes the role, such as Brigand or Trevdec.

I'm going to instead apply for the position of a Field Agent. Thank you again for the opportunity of applying for Research Command.