Proposition for the Implementation of The Chicago Spirit on the Gaminglight SCP:RP Server - Denied

TheBrigand

I'd be down for something like the "criminal" section from PRP being added over here for D-class to meet up but I don't think any sort of real branch/Jobs will be made for this.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+/- support 
i think this would be a great addition but the question is would it work? I think a small scale version of this should be developed and if found to be a fine addition added full scale.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

2 hours ago, Mister Bones said:

+/- support 
i think this would be a great addition but the question is would it work? I think a small scale version of this should be developed and if found to be a fine addition added full scale.

A small test trial implementation would be an ideal scenario!

Edited by Our Lord Gabe

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

22 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

This just seems like you want the D-Class gang that you have into a branch

-support

Precisely what I wanted to say 

No

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

23 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

This just seems like you want the D-Class gang that you have into a branch

-support

I mean that's not true at all. It's just kinda what gave me the idea for it, because I was curious if there was some kind of SCP-related organized crime group that existed in the lore and I found one that happened to be pretty interesting. I mean a crim syndicate run by a human SCP is pretty damn cool if you ask me. The GOI really has nothing to do with my raid group in D block - What I have is pretty informal and goofy as I'm sure you all know lol.

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

On 4/5/2020 at 10:45 PM, [GL] Zeus said:

We already have a enough factions as it is. Moreover this sounds like something you would do in DarkRP and not SCPRP

The part about dealing in SCPs is just a big NO

Bribing officials, it’s okay but can be exploited.

Infiltrating the foundation- We already have enough problems with CI raids

Unless igneous wants to add another faction we shouldn’t be asking for one atm

Inshort the fact that it can deal with both CI and foundation gives it insane power which is a big NO

-Support

On 4/7/2020 at 1:20 AM, bdogz1 said:

my thoughts exactly

• Like 1

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

4 hours ago, Our Lord Gabe said:

I mean that's not true at all. It's just kinda what gave me the idea for it, because I was curious if there was some kind of SCP-related organized crime group that existed in the lore and I found one that happened to be pretty interesting. I mean a crim syndicate run by a human SCP is pretty damn cool if you ask me. The GOI really has nothing to do with my raid group in D block - What I have is pretty informal and goofy as I'm sure you all know lol.

you say this but then half of your raid group comes and + supports it, im just saying
 another reason to minus support would be its really just un neeeded and would probably be another tedious thing for ci and mtf to deal with imo

• Dislike 1

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

54 minutes ago, pixelated pancakes said:

you say this but then half of your raid group comes and + supports it, im just saying
 another reason to minus support would be its really just un neeeded and would probably be another tedious thing for ci and mtf to deal with imo

It’s just unnecessary 

no

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

I mean that's just not true. Only five people from my discord of over 30 posted here and two of those responses aren't even fully +supporting it. I appreciate feedback based on the merit of my suggestion, not based on who you think is +supporting it please.

ngl I would love to see something like this added. It would definitely be a way to spice up RP without changing it too drastically

+Support from me.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

I really like this idea, however, I recently made a post proposing Anderson Robotics as a GOI based branch. It got denied due to Igneous saying that the server does not need another Branch at the moment. So due to this reason, -Support

Igneous' Response:

"

Yeah sorry but to be completely honest, I've been thinking more about another GOI after people have been suggesting them, and I've determined along with the other SMT that us adding in another GOI right now wouldn't be overall beneficial to the server as it currently stands.

HOWEVER (And yes this is a big however)

I do overall like this idea. However just because I like the idea, doesn't mean it will work in how the server currently operates. In the event that we decide it is time to add another GOI, I will most likely bring this suggestion back up. It seems that you hashed out a good amount of the issues found within it, and I appreciate that a lot. This was a VERY good suggestion, with tons of effort and feedback from the community. It's just not what the server currently needs in my opinion. Again though, maybe a little bit further down the line I will re-evaluate this."

Edited by GLaDOS
  • Sad 1

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

10 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

-Support.

I REALLY like this idea! But Igneous said that no new branches are being added atm, and when he does add one, he will most likely look over Glados's Anderson Robotics suggestion.

8 hours ago, GLaDOS said:

I really like this idea, however, I recently made a post proposing Anderson Robotics as a GOI based branch. It got denied due to Igneous saying that the server does not need another Branch at the moment. So due to this reason, -Support

Igneous' Response:

"

Yeah sorry but to be completely honest, I've been thinking more about another GOI after people have been suggesting them, and I've determined along with the other SMT that us adding in another GOI right now wouldn't be overall beneficial to the server as it currently stands.

HOWEVER (And yes this is a big however)

I do overall like this idea. However just because I like the idea, doesn't mean it will work in how the server currently operates. In the event that we decide it is time to add another GOI, I will most likely bring this suggestion back up. It seems that you hashed out a good amount of the issues found within it, and I appreciate that a lot. This was a VERY good suggestion, with tons of effort and feedback from the community. It's just not what the server currently needs in my opinion. Again though, maybe a little bit further down the line I will re-evaluate this."

I looked through your proposal and it's really impressive, I'm sorry I didn't see it before, I would have dropped a +support! However, the main difference between our proposals is that yours calls for a GOI that is quite large and intricate and would be a branch that, like you said, would be like CI. Not that objectively this is a bad thing, but it would take a very significant amount of work implementing that GOI, which I assume would need it's own playermodels and assets since it's operants couldn't be confused with CI or MTF. 

The GOI that I am proposing is very small compared to that and would be extremely easy to implement, as it wouldnt really require new assets. I think that if we could successfully implement the Chicago Spirit, it would set a precedent for the future of GOIs on the server. I mean, I'm really talking about a GOI whose roster won't excede 20 or so. I urge you to reconsider your support, because if we could show Igneous that there is a place in the server for a new GOI on a smaller scale, management would be more likely to have more favourable views on larger GOIs! 

Long story short, I think as far as GOIs are concerned, I think that a smaller one like the Chicago Spirit would be a great place to start for gaminglight.

Edited by Our Lord Gabe
  • Gaminglight Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not wish to currently add designated jobs for Gang Members on SCP. I do not have an issue with people forming different gangs or families on D-Class, along with I don't have a problem with gang wars. But I do not wish to formally have this at the time.

big cat running GIF