Proposition for the Implementation of The Chicago Spirit on the Gaminglight SCP:RP Server - Denied

TheBrigand

Hey guys, I want to formally suggest the implementation of The Chicago Spirit in the server. I think it would be a really cool addition to the RP here and would create a lot of new stuff for all branches to do on the server. I've outlined everything in the PDF I've attached here and it should answer all the questions from the "format" section if the suggestion board.

Here's the link for the page I refer to in the document in case the hyperlink doesn't work http://www.scp-wiki.net/chicago-spirit

image.png.86f7a1120d9081930b8bf83a8b10115c.png

image.thumb.png.3210c02d44733ceaf1baa07fa6873517.png

Proposition_for_Implimentation_of_Organized_Crime_on_Gaminglight_SCP_RP_Server (1).pdf

Edited by Our Lord Gabe
  • Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 2

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

Leaning to +Support

It quite doesn't stick with me well, I'll do further research on this and give my honest opinion on this.

Reading the Document sounds like it could change from a bit of CI and MTF action. I think "The Chicago Spirit" would fit inside the server.

How would the Jobs work though, or is it plan old name change or an actual section of jobs dedicated to the "The Chicago Spirit".

• Like 1

Owner of Richee's CC | Security Corporal | Associate Researcher

13 minutes ago, Our Lord Gabe said:

Hey guys, I want to formally suggest the implementation of The Chicago Spirit in the server. I think it would be a really cool addition to the RP here and would create a lot of new stuff for all branches to do on the server. I've outlined everything in the PDF I've attached here and it should answer all the questions from the "format" section if the suggestion board.

Here's the link for the page I refer to in the document in case the hyperlink doesn't work http://www.scp-wiki.net/chicago-spirit

Proposition_for_Implimentation_of_Organized_Crime_on_Gaminglight_SCP_RP_Server (1).pdf 38.71 kB · 5 downloads

Yes Please

18 minutes ago, Bread said:

Im sorry what
and format

Hey, yeah everything from the format is in the PDF, I just wrote it out a bit more like an essay format and stylized it. I hope that's alright.

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

24 minutes ago, Bread said:

Im sorry what
and format

We already have a enough factions as it is. Moreover this sounds like something you would do in DarkRP and not SCPRP

The part about dealing in SCPs is just a big NO

Bribing officials, it’s okay but can be exploited.

Infiltrating the foundation- We already have enough problems with CI raids

Unless igneous wants to add another faction we shouldn’t be asking for one atm

Inshort the fact that it can deal with both CI and foundation gives it insane power which is a big NO

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

7 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

We already have a enough factions as it is. Moreover this sounds like something you would do in DarkRP and not SCPRP

The part about dealing in SCPs is just a big NO

Bribing officials, it’s okay but can be exploited.

Infiltrating the foundation- We already have enough problems with CI raids

Unless igneous wants to add another faction we shouldn’t be asking for one atm

Inshort the fact that it can deal with both CI and foundation gives it insane power which is a big NO

-Support

Like I said in the document, everything is up for suggestions and the specifics can be tweaked alot. I think that the general idea of another faction would be really cool and this GOI would be easy to implement and could spice things up alot. It wouldn't have to be a major faction or anything. I don't envision it having a roster that excedes 15 or 20 people. It's really more of a smaller thing, mostly for RP purposes rather than actually having a major impact on the facility like CI. They wouldn't have the capabilities to do raids or anything. 

When I write that they would deal with both CI and The Foundation, I mean that they could sell stuff to them that may not be available in the regular armory. I din't think that would give the group any great power, especially not "insane power".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Vision said:

Gotta say this would be amazing to have on the server

I love the idea of another faction like this especially with the ideas presented in the document

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

-Support, more large scale factions wont be usefull IMO.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

9 hours ago, Falxen said:

-Support, more large scale factions wont be usefull IMO.

image.png.a98368492b7c459411159c4463240df2.png

As I wrote before, I'm not suggesting to create a huge new faction - As I wrote in the proposal, the Chicago Spirit would be "very small in comparison to the Foundation and Chaos Insurgency..." 

Let me give you an RP scenario for Gensec or MTF: Lets say that there are multiple SCP breaches, and SCP-682 is proving extremely difficult to recontain. An MTF agent could obtain a thermite grenade from the chicago spirit in order to more easily recontain 682.

The Chicago Spirit has no alliance to any other faction in the game and because this GOI could supply both CI, Gensec, and D Block in small, but equal ways, the net change to the dynamics of all three groups would be zero.

I do like the idea of organized crime however maybe perhaps not on such a scale, maybe perhaps just small scale organized such as bribing officials or maybe even just allowing suppliers a larger selection to supply in the form of either a change to the current supplier role or making a new donator or mid tier level supplier that has more selection than the current supplier. 
 I don't necessarily agree with the idea of something along the lines of large scale factions such as a new CI or a constant form of the GOIs it is however evident that CI doesn't raid in a frequent amount that is constant. However that makes it harder for MTF, Gensec, and other parties that stop CI, able to prepare for CI in a manner making CI raids near futile or impossible to pull off. But perhaps maybe allowing a small set faction within D Class with high level parameters to even access it or making it donator only like very few SCPs in a job pack or even the very few MTF jobs within the MTF job pack. Maybe to just put pressure on the other factions involved so as to create events that allow the lesser used sides of factions such as RCF in Gensec or making new events for the MTF to have fun handling. 

Ill stick to neutral or even  supporting it but I only like causing things that allow parties involved to have fun using their classes, such as when I play Pro D Class I like to break out SCPs to allow them the fun to use the SCP class and then some action for the branches capable of containing them such as RCF, MTF, NTF, and other potential parties and then also allowing CI to capture them and allow negotiations to happen.

After reading the actual proposition and not basing it off the wiki link provided I do agree with the idea and will be + supporting it as giving a more permanent GOI instead of leaving it purely to events would add a nice element to the server. I do however stand by the last things mentioned in my response should we not add the Chicago spirit

Edited by Vastayan Starrk/Vastayan Rays

Marty Bringer of Mayhem | Foundation Killer | SCP Releaser |

this sounds so cool so +support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"