Camera System - Denied

Dr. Lee

What you want to see? - Camera System with live monitor within GenSec Bunks, Research Bunks, Medbay, and anywhere else that may be applicable.

Why should we add it? - This serves as a way to see outside of bunks whether for Gensec or Research. Since Gensec is now in LCZ, it's a good way for both branches to look before exiting bunks. For example: Research, if it’s defcon 3 AR’s are allowed out if no threat is detected in LCZ. However, not all the time are people in the halls able to report things, as security is in D-Block, etc. So in this case it would be great to notice if there are any threats outside. I’m not in GenSec so I can not speak on behalf of their protocols. However the above example can also be good for GenSec. Medbay would be the ones most useful of this as they have to ports of entry and would be better to see the threats.

Also, I believe this would an aspect of some form of 

Now, The only thing is about SCP-079. I don't know whether adding this would be good in that aspect or not. However this could be a good RP of 079 if it were to happen, in my opinion.

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantages of having this are of course being able to see outside of bunks.

Who is it mainly for? - GenSec, Research, and Medbay. Of course anywhere else applicable.

Links to any content - 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106944414

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1940264801

Thanks to Propane.

Edited by Dr. Lee
  • Like 1

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

Would be cool, but you provide no add-ons/ways to implement.

• Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

NETURAL

D-Class say: "no no no no, gensec wayyyyyyyyy to powerful to beeeeeee alive at this sunssssssssssssight mooooooorning!"

As a Class-D user I'd say no because why would gensec need to monitor Class-D on a camera they already are being monitored 24/7.

Now as a foundation person. This is very useful for medical to see if the person outside the door is CI/MTF/D-Class.

Owner of Richee's CC | Security Corporal | Associate Researcher

-Support, as this would be very hard to implement as far as addons go (Which are not given), and simply be a dick move to CI.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

How is this a dick move for CI? 
I mean CI are usually found in EZ, way before they get to LCZ.

Also if that CI have legit two other ways to get to D-Block if that is there purpose.

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

16 hours ago, Falxen said:

-Support, as this would be very hard to implement as far as addons go (Which are not given), and simply be a dick move to CI.

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

16 hours ago, Falxen said:

We already went through the "CI spotted on camera" and the always fun "Maynard seeing doing Blank"

This will just lead to people power gaming

-support

Edited by Rabbit
  • Like 1

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

+/- Support

I believe a camera system within D-Block would work, while its being monitored from GenSec bunks. However, throughout the entire building would be a no-go due to how unfair it would be to D-Class trying to escape, SCP's breaching, and Chaos Insurgency raids. Maybe if the camera's throughout the facility was only accessible from a higher up such as Site Administration if they are ever on, then maybe.

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

+support

If we were to find a addon that ran well with the server I would fully support this.

It would give technical more to do and would allow more accurate defcons.

The only reason that I see people against this is due to the fact that it would make ci raids more difficult.

The cameras likely wouldn't work with the power turned off and several other balancing changes could be made.

D class could try and storm a control room in lcz for example to destroy it and render it unusable for 15 minutes for example.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 3:13 AM, Rabbit said:

We already went through the "CI spotted on camera" and the always fun "Maynard seeing doing Blank"

-support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

On 4/6/2020 at 11:34 PM, Your Local Soviet said:

+/- Support

I believe a camera system within D-Block would work, while its being monitored from GenSec bunks. However, throughout the entire building would be a no-go due to how unfair it would be to D-Class trying to escape, SCP's breaching, and Chaos Insurgency raids. Maybe if the camera's throughout the facility was only accessible from a higher up such as Site Administration if they are ever on, then maybe.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+/-Support
Pros: 

• Add's more of a interesting aspect to RP, being able to check camera's in parts of the foundation.
  • Gives technical and ranking MTF/Gensec personnel something to do if they are not currently partaking in active duty. 

Cons:

• Finding an addon in the server that will run well with the server without causing script errors, lag ect. 
  • The overuse and overall abuse that could come from such a system, it should be limited.

Other Recommendations

• Having your MTF/Gensec regiment members posted in the correct strategical positions in regards to the DEFCON status
  • Using the radio and teamspeak for clear communication during ops, also learning your surroundings to communicate your location in a timely manner
  • Limiting the camera system, should it be implemented, to the LCZ zone only, being as how GENSEC are probably going to be the main users for this system, they should only need it there. On top of that it would follow procedure with how much access GENSEC have to the foundation, for example we wouldn't want an officer seeing 096 on camera and then calling it out on comms. Short and simple, limit to LCZ ONLY

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

On 4/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Rabbit said:

-support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 4/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Sinnik said:

+Support

Used sparingly & responsibly this could be an awesome addition. A high security facility *should* have security cameras. I like it.

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

• 2 weeks later...