SCP-RP Branch Awards/Decorations - Denied

Your Local Soviet

MY SUGGESTION

I believe we should add rewards, decorations, and/or "medals/ribbons" to the server as achievements that people can show-off and could serve in other various RP scenario's. This suggestion came across my mind since I have a hobby of collecting military medals and service ribbons, I believe a reward system used in the United States armed forces can be used in all branches on the SCP-RP server. With this said, these rewards help individuals stand-out and show off their achievements. These rewards can be shown off on Discord as roles and could be implemented in the SCP-RP roster. These roles could help in RP scenario's such as higher chances of getting promoted in the future, better chances of entering a certain MTF branch, having reward ceremonies during branch meetings, and much more. This would also help individuals strive for achievements and look forward to newer goals, could also help with branch activity.

ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES

Advantages are already stated above, but this suggestion adds new content to the SCP-RP community. Adding decorations/rewards can help players reach new goals and be more active to strive for these achievements. Adds to the RP by giving new content such as ceremonies during branch meetings, gives players better chances at things such as promotions and acceptance into other branches, and overall shows off their achievements to the community. I can't possibly see any disadvantages so if you can think of any feel free to leave a reply of what you think.

EXAMPLES

Distinguished Research Medal: Awarded to those with 10 or more quality tests.

Security Service Medal: Awarded to those who have been active in security for more then a month.

MTF Medal of Honor: Awarded to those who have went beyond the call of duty in the MTF branch and have shown the utmost heroism.

a7fab2536ff8910cee38ddfd1225b626.jpg

Edited by Your Local Soviet
Typo.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Branches already do this. CI has their own set of Merits. Gensec has Trainer of the Week. That's all I know who does do it. Point being, we do have these things, they just aren't as ceremonious. -/+Support because its already a thing, but I don't know if all branches do it.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Not all branches do it, but it should be available to all branches. Also, I'm suggesting that there should be a whole reward system for each branch, not just 1 or 2 rewards that are temporary.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

We actually already have a medals system in place all the combat branches have medals and there is also Site Admin medals which can be given to any branch

But noone uses it because its just a thing in a doc noone will ever look at 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

1 hour ago, Rangiatea said:

We actually already have a medals system in place all the combat branches have medals and there is also Site Admin medals which can be given to any branch

But noone uses it because its just a thing in a doc noone will ever look at 

It’s never updated and looked on pretty much 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

4 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

It’s never updated and looked on pretty much 

I mean, TBF, i dont think that most of Command even has acces to this document.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support. Even if it's a thing that already exists, why not just twist the suggestion then a bit to say that we should have these branches implement those already existing but dusty old systems back? If they really are already a thing, let's pull them off the shelf and put them to use. Maybe rework them a bit.

+support

Things like these already exist in CI as well as Gensec in the form of Trainer of the Week, but I agree that we should add more medals.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

+support 

shiny medals 

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 4/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Dr. Lee said:

+support
I think this would be a great thing, also maybe command for branches should start using it again.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

It would be nice if Command could actualy be given acces to this, aswell as Medals for UTIL/Research branches.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector