RIP My Faith In +Support

Private Marksmen

32 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

I mean +/-supports are mainly so SMT can see the community’s opinion on a post. Most of the time it just comes down to SMT’s decision, but they do look at community input.

Sure...

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

19 minutes ago, Jakub said:

Sure...

I smell the doubt from a mile away.

Most of the time the reason why a suggestion gets denied is because SMT tested it and determined that it couldn't fit into what the Server needs. Other reasons could be that it isn't something they think the server should get or if they already have something in mind. The most common reason is something else is already being added/removed/changed so its not beneficial to do an almost similar thing twice. Two stones, one bird.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

From a member/player standpoint every idea is a good idea, wich they are and everyone thinks the same so they + Support.

SMT does and I know this 100% takes all the feedback in and like th3 said, later they find out its not suitable for the server, doesnt work, lags or some other issue wich is not stated.

All we can do is thank them for taking the suggestion in and keep on making new suggestions for the better of our servers.

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

7 hours ago, th3 said:

Most of the time the reason why a suggestion gets denied is because SMT tested it and determined that it couldn't fit into what the Server needs. Other reasons could be that it isn't something they think the server should get or if they already have something in mind. The most common reason is something else is already being added/removed/changed so its not beneficial to do an almost similar thing twice. Two stones, one bird.

8 hours ago, Bionicle said:

I mean +/-supports are mainly so SMT can see the community’s opinion on a post. Most of the time it just comes down to SMT’s decision, but they do look at community input.

Edited by BadAim

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

If SMT does not feel that it will improve the server in a good way they will not accept it for obvious reasons.

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

18 hours ago, Propane said:

My suggestion is to give everyone super admin

Ok bud lol. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 4/1/2020 at 6:37 AM, Freeze said:

From a member/player standpoint every idea is a good idea, wich they are and everyone thinks the same so they + Support.

SMT does and I know this 100% takes all the feedback in and like th3 said, later they find out its not suitable for the server, doesnt work, lags or some other issue wich is not stated.

All we can do is thank them for taking the suggestion in and keep on making new suggestions for the better of our servers.

yeah but instead of giving a proper answer, they just copypaste the same response. 

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

16 minutes ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

yeah but instead of giving a proper answer, they just copypaste the same response. 

This was previously explained in another topic. Due to the dozens and dozens of suggestions that the Manager needs to process it is impractical to list out specific reasons why some suggestions are denied, especially since many suggestions are repeated multiple times over the course of months. Case in point, returning to the previous SCP 173 Peanut model has been suggested at a minimum a dozen times, it does not make sense from an efficiency standpoint to continuously spell out every single little reason that goes into making a decision. In other cases where specific reasoning is needed, Igneous provides that reasoning when he's able.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

30 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

This was previously explained in another topic. Due to the dozens and dozens of suggestions that the Manager needs to process it is impractical to list out specific reasons why some suggestions are denied, especially since many suggestions are repeated multiple times over the course of months. Case in point, returning to the previous SCP 173 Peanut model has been suggested at a minimum a dozen times, it does not make sense from an efficiency standpoint to continuously spell out every single little reason that goes into making a decision. In other cases where specific reasoning is needed, Igneous provides that reasoning when he's able.

From my point of you your  just saying they were just lazy. When confronting already denied suggestions being suggested again just roll up all the reasons up in one text file and copy and paste this when ever someone suggest it again unless someone debunks those reasons. Bam!  Even without that you have all the time in the world to think about the suggestion, make a decision, think about how your gonna give your reason then typing the reason why you denied it unless you do have a timelimit to accept/deny at which will make me ask why is that a thing?

Still typing a setence like this one your reading should not give you a headache or waste enough time to be inefficiency.  

Yea that text above us is about as big as the text in most of the reasoned given denied suggestions they give. Even if it somehow takes 30 minutes, an hour or even two hours to type up a reason is it still better having communication between the player and staff then having limited or none at all. Also there not dozens. There like one or two that pop up that already get denied per week. 

Edited by Private Marksmen

2 hours ago, Private Marksmen said:

From my point of you your  just saying they were just lazy. 

Yep, you got us. The entire SMT team is lazy, but especially Igneous, the server manager that has literally hundreds of things he's in charge of. As the newest SMT member of SCP, I can 100% say that Igneous does an incredible amount of work that the general player base has absolutely no idea about. And no, no where in my post did I say anyone was lazy, I simply said that it doesn't make sense to type out the same messages over and over and over again.

When confronting already denied suggestions being suggested again just roll up all the reasons up in one text file and copy and paste this when ever someone suggest it again unless someone debunks those reasons. Bam!  Even without that you have all the time in the world to think about the suggestion, make a decision, think about how your gonna give your reason then typing the reason why you denied it unless you do have a timelimit to accept/deny at which will make me ask why is that a thing?

That's a legitimate idea, however you also have to take into account that these suggestions aren't carbon copies of each other. They may have small differences that would make the text files impracticable, leading to the same issue. Additionally, the forum has a bind that automatically includes the default message when a suggestion is approved or denied, and automatically locks and moves the post to the correct location. To add in reasoning Igneous has to go back and manually edit the post to include the reasoning, or post a message before taking appropriate action. Either way, this takes time and effort which usually doesn't result in much net positives.

Still typing a setence like this one your reading should not give you a headache or waste enough time to be inefficiency.  

Ah yes, typing a sentence with spelling and grammar errors, very professional. Most decisions are the result of a single sentence worth of decisions, more likely a paragraph or more.

Yea that text above us is about as big as the text in most of the reasoned given denied suggestions they give. Even if it somehow takes 30 minutes, an hour or even two hours to type up a reason is it still better having communication between the player and staff then having limited or none at all. Also there not dozens. There like one or two that pop up that already get denied per week. 

I don't know what you're talking about that there's one or two that get denied per week. How about checking the active suggestions page, because I see 22 active suggestions on the first page, of three total pages, with a total of 49 pending suggestions that require processing. Now, you suggest putting up to two hours of effort responding to each suggestion. That would result in 198 hours of manpower that Igneous would have to put in at max using your metrics. That's more than I work at my full time job in a week, and I actually get paid for my full time job, unlike Igneous, who volunteers for this community and is not compensated.

You are right in the fact that having some communication between players and the administration staff is important, and we provide that communication in the suggestions that have merit but end up being denied through Igneous' comments, through the SCP Update posts, and through the RP Command meetings between SMT staff and the various RP command members. Additionally, in other areas, such as discipline, I do take the time to lay out my reasoning behind why I issue/uphold/revoke various punishments on the server or forums, because I have significantly more free time to be able to do so. Unlike Igneous who has the entire server and the accompanying duties to uphold, in addition to his real life responsibilities, I'm only tasked with running the Forum Diplomat Corps, updating the SCP MOTD, and processing the vast majority of warn/ban appeals. So I have the time to spend laying out my reasoning in each different case.

• Like 2

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

12 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

So can we get that playermodel back or no?

If it wasn't clear this is sarcasm.

Edited by Mike_da_noob
  • Laughing 2

10 minutes ago, Mike_da_noob said:

So can we get that playermodel back or no?

My guess no as zeeptin said this 

"Regardless of what the Wiki team says, we are a for-profit company and we do not feel comfortable using someone else's work they are trying to protect to turn a profit on our end. "

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

8 hours ago, Chief_ said:

My guess no as zeeptin said this 

"Regardless of what the Wiki team says, we are a for-profit company and we do not feel comfortable using someone else's work they are trying to protect to turn a profit on our end. "

That was sarcasm. 

2 hours ago, Mike_da_noob said:

That was sarcasm. 

OOOOOOOF 

• Laughing 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• Bread locked this topic