COVID-19 Information

Munchies

Cases: 1,970,918, Recovered: 453,289 Deaths: 119,686

Hello,

Thought I would update the COVID-19 and explain how it spreads and what you need to know. The virus has spread worldwide which, It's very unfortunate that people are losing family members, friends etc... from this unexpected virus. People are losing their jobs, shops are slowly closing, schools are closed for the meantime, most countries are in lock down and no one can leave their house. This virus can go for a long time, people are staying up to 6 months+ which we should all be isolating and taking care of yourselves and our hygiene.

COVID-19 disease usually spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It can also spread when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth. Be careful on what you touch in public and try your hardest to not touch your face, bite your finger nails or nose etc. People in most countries that have come back from overseas don't isolate and they think it's all good to come out in the public and start to touch things, cough/sneeze etc.

People of all ages can be infected by this new virus (COVID-19). Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus. I advises people of all ages to take steps to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.

You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you: Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub, Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze, Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell but try and stay 1.5 meters from people in general, Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell, don't Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean, Try and avoid shaking hands etc.

If you develop symptoms (fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness or shortness of breath) within 14 days of last contact with a confirmed case, you should arrange to see your doctor for urgent assessment. You should telephone the health clinic or hospital before you arrive and tell them your travel history or that you may have been in contact with a potential case of COVID-19. You must remain isolated in your home until public health authorities inform you it is safe for you to return to your usual activities.

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID-19 infection. Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing. Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly. You can still wear a mask in public if you want to try and protect yourself at all times.

That's all I have to say, just make sure you're keeping clean by, washing your hands frequently for 20 seconds+, avoid contact from other people, stay isolated in your home. Try your best to not touch your face, bite your nails, play with your nose or ears etc. It's very sad and unfortunate that this virus has suddenly spread throughout our population and has affected many of us. We can't really do much but all we can do is give you advice and what you need to do in the meantime, this virus can be around for up to 6+ months so make sure you're keeping up to date with everything that is happening at the moment, keep checking for any updated information. This virus is concerning but just follow all the procedures that are provided for you and stick to them.

Please be mindful of others that may be affected by this. COVID-19 is something that is not joke able, this is a very serious matter and should be taken seriously. I thought I would make this post just to give any updates or any information you may want to know about COVID-19. The reason why I made this thread was because I'm mindful of others and I want everyone to be safe and know what to do, this thread may be updated at any time with any new updates that come through and I'll keep you updated about it. But I highly suggest to watch the news or read articles about COVID-19 and get a better knowledge and understanding about this virus.

If anyone has questions or any other information they want to add, feel free to come talk to me or post below! I would be happily to help anyone with anything they need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! that's it! Hopefully everyone is taking care of themselves and keeping clean. Thank you for reading this thread and hopefully this will give you a good understanding about COVID-19 but I do suggest to keep updated with the news about this virus!

Kind Regards

Munchies

1/04/2020

Edited by Munchies

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

8 hours ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

******Flu Informational

Huh? I would say the information is more specifically helpful for COVID-19 instead of the flu to be honest.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

Would like to add to the mask part. Masks won't provide any help if wet/damp. It's also pointless to wear if you don't have symptoms of COVID19 since it spreads through water molecules it will still be on your face just not your mouth. 

Another tip give to people is to wear gloves wherever possible, the times you should wear them are opening/closing public doors (including your front door), opening mail/parcels, using public transport, using gas pump (the worst thing to touch) and/or public bathrooms.

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 6:05 AM, Sion said:

Would like to add to the mask part. Masks won't provide any help if wet/damp. It's also pointless to wear if you don't have symptoms of COVID19 since it spreads through water molecules it will still be on your face just not your mouth. 

Another tip give to people is to wear gloves wherever possible, the times you should wear them are opening/closing public doors (including your front door), opening mail/parcels, using public transport, using gas pump (the worst thing to touch) and/or public bathrooms.

well said but still speaking from someone that works in the medical field we are indeed running short on supplies even as we are classified as a level III Trauma center

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

• 3 weeks later...

thx

Currently -- | COL of PD | EMT of EMS | LVL 7 of UMC | Staff | Owner of CC Mar and Sike | Lieutenant STATE | Forums Diplomat | 

Was -- | DAD of FBI | MSGT of HRT | SA of Secret Service | IRA | Support staff | Event Team | CC Member of HRT | CSM Of SCU 1R45 | Retired Chief Constable of SCO19 | DOC CPT |                                 

Things always come and go but its your choice to choose  what you want to continue to see.   -  Mar

• 3 months later...
  • Bread locked this topic