Gmod 2.

MattOminigo3

Gmod 2s in development! Obviously there's no information right now on gmod 2. Hopefully, they'll be a way to migrate servers between games perhaps. Who knows. Maybe 256 player servers multicore and all that. Looking forward to it. 

Grinding with Nu7  |Past SGT in A1, Gensec and CI  Was a great Tech Saved Beanz from doom thrice Didn't save Rang Gets bullied by Surge Loves all in the server

Custom Classes: Spy, D-Class 2304  | CNTN Bot , Raptor Team |Tango - 14, CTF

Retired DoTF

idk if it will even be necessary to move over unless its just that much better. The current GMod has lag issues, and performance issues. Unless those are massively improved then I think we would port, unless the porting process is an easy one. But then begs the question, how much will this cost? We could lose a portion of our player base due to porting if it isnt given to current gmod owners.

• Gaminglight Love 1

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

We know nothing at this point, so it all depends on how it works out. If it's easy to port over content, (which I doubt it will be) then I assume most servers will move over early on. However, if it's a more involved process, I would say most servers will take a LONG time to move over to it. Not sure about GL. But whenever something like this happens, it often splits the playerbase between both games. And you'll never really be able to appease everyone. 

Additionally, if it is an easy process to migrate servers to the new game, it probably means the game hasn't changed much. So at that point, it won't even be worth it. If they modernize GM without ruining it's initial appeal, I'm all for it. 

• Bread locked this topic