Waffle - Moderator Report

Blueprint

I will admit it wasn’t a good idea to physics him but 

1.) He shouldn’t really be that close to the door because it seemed like he was puppy dog guarding/camping. Even if he can Alt walk/others can run around.

2.) Not a good excuse but I was genuinely scared and sometimes my Rival 310 mouse glitches out with the side buttons as it’s getting old.

3.) No I did not intend to leave him there. As I said my mouse is getting old and I can screenshot the wires almost coming apart. I tried to get around him and unfreeze him so that he won’t get stuck.

I’ll accept the punishment I’ll receive, but I also ask so dearly for a second chance. I will not let this happen again and will write a formal apology if I must. This I will promise.

Edited by TG_Waffle

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

+Support, honestly this is just blatant abuse of Staff powers, and shows that he cant be trusted as a member of the Staff Team.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

NEUTRAL

Hello,

Depending how you look at this situation and people will have different opinions to this but, just like what waffle said, he shouldn't be close to the door because it seemed like he was camping/guarding it. Blueprint making those weird *Kiss* noises and doing it constantly is kinda micspamming and very annoying.

Waffle, shouldn't of used his powers off-duty. It clearly states in the handbook and when you get trained. You're not meant to leave someone frozen in the air, where everyone can see them. If your mouse is really glitching because it's "Old" then, I would suggest trying to buy or find another mouse to use for the meantime.

You can clearly see Waffle is admitting to his mistakes and has gave us an honest response. Mistakes happen and we all learn from it, we just have to think before we act and find a better way to fix your mistakes. Demotion is not necessary in my opinion, I believe everyone deserves a second chance depending on the situation of course, but this situation can be easily talked to and off with a verbal warning! Moderators are still learning and developing skill and knowledge with using staff equipment and etc, everyone makes mistakes but we fix them and find a better solution for it! Waffle just in the near future, try and not use powers off duty and think before you act!

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! I'll leave this appeal to SMT and they will decided on what they want to do with this report. I personally believe a talking to/verbal warning, but people have different opinions and we should all respect that! Waffle, if you need any advice or need help with anything. Please let me know and I'll help you with anything you need!

Kind Regards

Munchies

31/03/2020

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

10 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

+Support
The staff member was seen clearly using the powers given to him to obtain an RP advantage over the player (106), for a reason I think doesn't exist, still shouldn't have froze the player.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

2 hours ago, Munchies said:

NEUTRAL

Hello,

Depending how you look at this situation and people will have different opinions to this but, just like what waffle said, he shouldn't be close to the door because it seemed like he was camping/guarding it. Blueprint making those weird *Kiss* noises and doing it constantly is kinda micspamming and very annoying.

Waffle, shouldn't of used his powers off-duty. It clearly states in the handbook and when you get trained. You're not meant to leave someone frozen in the air, where everyone can see them. If your mouse is really glitching because it's "Old" then, I would suggest trying to buy or find another mouse to use for the meantime.

You can clearly see Waffle is admitting to his mistakes and has gave us an honest response. Mistakes happen and we all learn from it, we just have to think before we act and find a better way to fix your mistakes. Demotion is not necessary in my opinion, I believe everyone deserves a second chance depending on the situation of course, but this situation can be easily talked to and off with a verbal warning! Moderators are still learning and developing skill and knowledge with using staff equipment and etc, everyone makes mistakes but we fix them and find a better solution for it! Waffle just in the near future, try and not use powers off duty and think before you act!

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! I'll leave this appeal to SMT and they will decided on what they want to do with this report. I personally believe a talking to/verbal warning, but people have different opinions and we should all respect that! Waffle, if you need any advice or need help with anything. Please let me know and I'll help you with anything you need!

Kind Regards

Munchies

31/03/2020

You and I both know that we have seen people be removed for WAYYYY lesss, and things they done on their own accord. 

Also, in regard to his comment. I don't believe it. If he knew his mouse was broken, then why didnt he try to turn around and look in other direction? Also, why did he pick up this person and freeze them? That's not a "broken mouse" thats him picking up 106, freezing him, LITERALLY saying "to hell with everything" and going about his day. Im not buying a broken mouse excuse because the video shows clear as day that just isnt the case. 

Oh and in case you also didnt see. He literally froze him and walked right by him. Having 0 care that he was frozen in the air. He froze the guy, walked underneath him, and had 0 intention of letting him go. 

The moment OP called for another staff member, he was let go. I have seen other staff members do this off duty. I remember a Donor Mod that got in some serious trouble for doing the literal same exact thing and made the literal same exact excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

32 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

+Support
The staff member was seen clearly using the powers given to him to obtain an RP advantage over the player (106), for a reason I think doesn't exist, still shouldn't have froze the player.

As a moderator he really doesn't have permission to use his physgun off-duty to begin with.

Edited by bdogz1

2 hours ago, Voxis said:

Also, in regard to his comment. I don't believe it. If he knew his mouse was broken, then why didnt he try to turn around and look in other direction? Also, why did he pick up this person and freeze them? That's not a "broken mouse" thats him picking up 106, freezing him, LITERALLY saying "to hell with everything" and going about his day. Im not buying a broken mouse excuse because the video shows clear as day that just isnt the case. 

Oh and in case you also didnt see. He literally froze him and walked right by him. Having 0 care that he was frozen in the air. He froze the guy, walked underneath him, and had 0 intention of letting him go. 

The moment OP called for another staff member, he was let go.

+Support for these reasons alone.

It shouldn't take all the way until he had to call staff for it to be resolved. That gap between the first touch to him finally being unfrozen was 20 seconds. Ample time to notice a problem with the mouse. The point at which 106 gets frozen is where I believe it is no longer an accident. His words is also indicative of that.

Also there seemed to be plenty of space where it could've been resolved where the staff member was standing instead of just letting both him and the other MTF walk under before unfreezing. The roleplay is beyond broken at that point.

He may be new, he may have a very valid reason given his apology, but I absolutely see nothing in the video that would validate the actions at all.

3 hours ago, bdogz1 said:

As a moderator he really doesn't have permission to use his physgun off-duty to begin with.

+support

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

10 hours ago, Sinnik said:

+Support.

This looks REALLY bad. Absolutely no reason to do this.

2 minutes ago, Sir Willy said:

What I find odd is that there is no audio, I would like to know what he said, however, +support.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

4 hours ago, Voxis said:

You and I both know that we have seen people be removed for WAYYYY lesss, and things they done on their own accord. 

Oh and in case you also didnt see. He literally froze him and walked right by him. Having 0 care that he was frozen in the air. He froze the guy, walked underneath him, and had 0 intention of letting him go

The moment OP called for another staff member, he was let go. I have seen other staff members do this off duty. I remember a Donor Mod that got in some serious trouble for doing the literal same exact thing and made the literal same exact excuses. 

+support

You are breaking my immersion

I will accept this however you will also receive a warning for not waiting the cooldown on your sweep and what looks to be camping your CC 

Accepted

Staff member will be strike for physgun abuse and using powers off duty 

• Laughing 2

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."