**Revised** Adding a Directory to HCZ and/or Map added to the HUD - Denied

Gunther

What do you want to see? - I want to see a Directory added to the map for HCZ AND/OR a map added to the HUD, with names of locations on the map.

Why should we add it? - HCZ is a very confusing zone for newer players and people who aren't used to the map. After the numerous amounts of replies, I revised this suggestion to change the location. A Map in the top right of the screen would make it easier for every player to know where they are and where certain locations are.
The Directory would be best placed at the 3-way hallway between 049 and 096 and the Tesla Gate and one on the wall between 106 and 682 and right outside the door the leads to the stairwell. (Pictures will be added later for visual help.) This would help new players such as D-Class, MTF RCT's, Researchers, and RCF learn and navigate their way around HCZ. While we do do a tour, it's easy to forget if you're not used to the map yet. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Helps new players learn the locations around HCZ, and makes navigation easier.

Who is it mainly for? - All HCZ-based branches and Researchers, RCF, and D-Class

Links to any content -

Edited by Gunther
Change of Location, Idea, and Added Suggestion, also Grammar

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-/+ support

I do see how it will be beneficial for players, especially new players, but I don't feel that it's needed. This is a cool system, but LCZ is too simple in my opinion. An area that could benefit from this is the HCZ instead. Yes, the LCZ is where most new players begin their voyage on this server, I think that since most branches offer tours of the LCZ during training, and the LCZ is so simple, (literally 3 hallways that all lead to the same point, assuming we're starting from d-block), I don't feel it's unnecessary. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but with lag being as bad as it is, and other reasons previously stated it's a -/+ support from me. IF we were to utilize this system I would definitely suggest it used in the HCZ because that is much more complicated to navigate for newer players, ie a JR that just got promoted to AR and can now do tests in the HCZ would benefit much more from a similar system there.

Guys don't -support this because the presentation of what he was suggesting is from roblox. I've seen that used in other gamers like in half-life. Those did it better simply by painting the wall of it or not having so many. Though I don't have any idea how they would implement this without updating the map or putting down props that will only decrease the performance.

2 hours ago, Mike_da_noob said:

- Support

While the map is large and it's understandable to help players out there is no need to make a main directory. Each spawn can have a map instead. 

Most simple answer to this problem done 

7 hours ago, Mike_da_noob said:

- Support

While the map is large and it's understandable to help players out there is no need to make a main directory. Each spawn can have a map instead. 

That doesn't make much sense, why add a map to each spawn rather than one single map on a wall in LCZ, that would eliminate extra props.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

14 hours ago, Gunther said:

That doesn't make much sense, why add a map to each spawn rather than one single map on a wall in LCZ, that would eliminate extra props.

Adding one large map in LCZ would assume that players, the majority of which will be new, will have access to that location. These new players will be limited to the class D and security jobs for a significant amount of time, jobs which do not have access to much of LCZ. Adding a map decal to each spawn would ensure that regardless of the player's clearance level they can see the map. 

You have a very point that this would increase props, however this logic is flawed as only the branches accessible to new players (the ones who need to learn the map) would need them. Therefore, only two or three additional decals would have to be used. 

Perhaps the in-game map  idea could be scratched altogether and a map could be accessible via the HUD. 

3 hours ago, Mike_da_noob said:

Adding one large map in LCZ would assume that players, the majority of which will be new, will have access to that location. These new players will be limited to the class D and security jobs for a significant amount of time, jobs which do not have access to much of LCZ. Adding a map decal to each spawn would ensure that regardless of the player's clearance level they can see the map. 

You have a very point that this would increase props, however this logic is flawed as only the branches accessible to new players (the ones who need to learn the map) would need them. Therefore, only two or three additional decals would have to be used. 

Perhaps the in-game map  idea could be scratched altogether and a map could be accessible via the HUD. 

Like a map in the corner of the screen? That would be very cool actually. 

200.gif

• Gunther changed the title to Adding a Directory to HCZ and/or HUD w/ Map

The map lay out is easy to remember once you spend some time on it.

An easy solution to this would get Gensec to do patrols with their lower enlisted, to help them learn the map a little faster. 

No need for any props that will add extra lag and gensec gets an excuse to get some steps in

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

The map lay out is easy to remember once you spend some time on it.

An easy solution to this would get Gensec to do patrols with their lower enlisted, to help them learn the map a little faster. 

No need for any props that will add extra lag and gensec gets an excuse to get some steps in

This is not just for Gensec, its for the entire server. To help newer players learn the layout of HCZ.

200.gif