Add one more minute to the Gensec NLR - Denied

Propane

9 hours ago, frog said:

+support lol gensec just negative supporting this to hell

Yea, because it was Igneous who chose to shorten it, it didn't come from a suggestion, he just did it to balance Gensec.

12 hours ago, Rabbit said:

CC should follow 3 min NLR just like the D-class CC

D-Class CC's have a 1:30 NLR. Not 3 minutes.

13 hours ago, Samm said:

this doesn’t change the fact of how powerful a gensec cc is, usually when a cc is on class d has no chance, unless 3+ d class ccs are online.

Not true at all, D-Class have managed to 1v1 me and win, usually, if they have a Hammer, Scythe, Machete, Hatchet, etc, point being while the class is powerful, yes, it's not impossible to win against and with the lag, they usually are better are killing me and other Gensec. 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support

Realism point of view:

You're in a maximum security facility filled with the worlds most dangerous... things that mankind has ever known or seen. You are an inmate in this max security facility, secured by special op security and Task Forces dedicated to keeping you and everything else secure. Escaping as an inmate isn't suppose to be an easy task where you just punch one security to death and then you're free. Honestly, escaping should be even harder but to due the Gameplay point of view you'll see why it's not. Realistically, you would never escape as a Class-D in a truly serious roleplay server or in a realistic environment.

Gameplay point of view:

The point of being in a max security facility is still valid in a gameplay view, since this is a roleplay server and not a containment breach server. Class-D, believe it or not, are not the only playable class by players. Security also play the game, therefore they shouldn't just be killed 30 seconds of leaving their spawn. That's not a fun gameplay environment and will end up driving users away. If you want to escape as a Class-D, use your head for once instead of barging in with a knife and wrench, hoping to beat security to NLR. You chose to play as a Class-D, so you chose to roleplay/play as an inmate in a max security prison/facility. That was your choice, and I expect most people to understand what max security inmate means.

Lets think outside of just D Class and security to external factors that may happen outside of d block. Is it fair that a "Gensec CC" & RCF are able to just roam the facility with 2 minute NLR being killed by CI and able to spring back to the fight a whole minute earlier than their practically the same counterpart MTF enlistee's, or an scp breach where they can constant;y barrage the scp every two minutes having practically the same stats of an MTF enlisted.

+Support for gensec CC's, RCF , and who ever else that  is not going to D Block for their NLR to be back to 3 minutes.
-Support for all the other gensec that defend D Block.

23 hours ago, Gunther said:

-Support

No, our NLR was 2 minutes due to max influx of D-Class and how easy it was for them to take over, and with D-Class CC's being half our old NLR, it was there to balance us. Even now we still lose D-Block easily when D-Class really tries and when they have larger numbers.

Quoted from Igneous from the Nerf Donator Handguns suggestion: "I am not going to nerf these weapons, HOWEVER, due to the state of D-Block recently I want to try something that will hopefully work as a middle ground between the two sides. I aim to keep it fast-paced and fun for both parties, so with that being said I'm going to remove 1 minute of NLR off of all Gensec jobs, so they may get back to the fight quicker."

On 3/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cryolast said:

Just realized I already responded oops

Edited by Mister Bones

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:45 AM, frog said:

+support lol gensec just negative supporting this to hell

Lmao true they like what makes them op.

2 minutes nlr is a joke and it should be 3 minutes like before based of their new spawn location.

Atleast RCF and security CCs should have 3 minutes nlr. The purpose of rcf isn't to guard d block but recotain so they don't need to have a shorter nlr as they aren't  being over powered with d class(imagine mtf with 2 min nlr) and security ccs can have 200 200 and a negev or g3 ... surely the pay to win armed class can beat a few d class?

EDIT:

Something I forgot to mention although I hear it A LOT "why would I join mtf when I can be RCF" - this further proves why atleast rcf and SEC CCs should have 3 min nlr

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

This was my reasoning to change it in the first place, and I still stand by it.

"I am not going to nerf these weapons, HOWEVER, due to the state of D-Block recently I want to try something that will hopefully work as a middle ground between the two sides. I aim to keep it fast-paced and fun for both parties, so with that being said I'm going to remove 1 minute of NLR off of all Gensec jobs, so they may get back to the fight quicker."

big cat running GIF