Will Staff Report- Accepted

Jimmy James

Your In-Game Name: Jimmy James

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:86323167

Staff member's In-Game Name: Will

What did they do? This staff member has consistently warned other members without getting both sides of the story. While it is within admin+ to warn for obvious rule infractions, Will has had multiple warn appeals that have been accepted and i will link those below. This has gotten to the point that the staff member is handing out warns carelessly and he has caused unnecessarily stress on these members and he hasn't upheld his duty as a senior staff member. 

Evidence (REQUIRED):

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? I will leave this up to SMT as he is a senior Admin but i feel a serious punishment is deserved

Edited by Jimmy James

+ support 

Evidence is clear of something going wrong

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

+support 

I've picked up on this aswell. Yes if it a obvious  rule infraction such as self supply or stealing gov car it fine, but when you get in with RDM it tends to have more behind it, sometimes it might be a hit, sometimes a murder. As a senior admin he can hold sits off duty do why isn't he using this privilege to his advantage? 

And I think he has forgotten everything about verbal warnings, he warns everyone for whatever they've done, no matter what. Staff aren't ment to be warn robots. They are ment to help develop a player understanding of the rules and to enforce them. Not scare new players away.

Edited by Sion

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

Just now, Sion said:

+support 

I've picked up on this aswell. Yes if it a obvious  rule infraction such as self supply or stealing gov car it fine, but when you get in with RDM it tends to have more behind it, sometimes it might be a hit, sometimes a murder. As a senior admin he can hold sits off duty do why isn't he using this privilege to his advantage? 

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

32 minutes ago, Sion said:

+support 

And I think he has forgotten everything about verbal warnings, he warns everyone for whatever they've done, no matter what. Staff aren't ment to be warn robots. They are ment to help develop a player understanding of the rules and to enforce them. Not scare new players away.

^^Completely agree. Staff member should be at least talked to. 

5 minutes ago, Sion said:

You can't hold this against him as staff have the choice to issue a verbal warning or an actual warning.

-Support

These warns are from December 8th, February 21, March 10, 23 hours ago, and 3 hours ago (This hasn't even been decided on).

It would be more of an issue if these warnings were closer. But when they are spread over 4 months it isn't concerning, especially given the proximity of the recent warnings given the circumstances of COVID-19 keeping people indoors and more and more online.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

11 minutes ago, th3 said:

especially given the proximity of the recent warnings given the circumstances of COVID-19 keeping people indoors and more and more online.

Unsure how  this relates to how he preforms as a staff member. My dad died recently can i use that excuse for making bad decisions?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Unsure how  this relates to how he preforms as a staff member. My dad died recently can i use that excuse for making bad decisions?

I'm not using anything to justify anyone's performance as a staff member. I'm using Covid-19 to perhaps give a credible reason for why the rise in the warns that are being appealed as players are on the server more since there are more stay at home orders as well as school being cancelled would result in more warnings and punishments being issued. Out of every warning issued by a staff member there will never be no mistakes made which would result in a higher amount being reported more recently.

I would appreciate you not using the death of your father to further your argument. You won't see me use the death of a family member to further an argument on here and I would appreciate the same from you.

SCPRP Head of Staff

2 minutes ago, th3 said:

I would appreciate you not using the death of your father to further your argument. You won't see me use the death of a family member to further an argument on here and I would appreciate the same from you.

Ive accepted my loss and its a real life example so if you are offended by a relatable example to something outside of GL that may affect me in game then I'm sorry for you. I never discourage anybody in game to talk to me if they have issues outside of the game because it does affect how you play and interact with other people.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Ive accepted my loss and its a real life example so if you are offended by a relatable example to something outside of GL that may affect me in game then I'm sorry for you. I never discourage anybody in game to talk to me if they have issues outside of the game because it does affect how you play and interact with other people.

The example you used was completely unrelated to the point I made and since you don't want to engage me in a reasonable discussion and instead ignore my points then that's fine. But if you don't want to do that then that's fine.

SCPRP Head of Staff

+/- Suppoort

Here goes a full depth analysis of what I believe hearing opinions, hearing both sides of the stories, etc. Lets break this report since with how this report is written, there is some supporting statements to this report on our Senior Admin Will. 

1). "This staff member has consistently warned other members without getting both sides of the story." As a staff member on Gaminglight, it states in the staff handbook that you must understand both sides of the story before giving a proper decision. Let's take a deeper look into these Accepted Warn Appeals. Evaluating these accepted warn appeals there seems to be a pattern.

- The first stripe of the pattern is that Will tends to warn people for what he feels is right. That is an A-Ok thing to do, it is staff discretion after all. In some of these appeals, he was correct but our lovely Head Admin accepted these type of false warns reverting it to a verbal warning. For example a community member Ghosted appealed his false warn for respawning when EMS was on. Even though the report was self evident it could have been handled in a small sit, Will made the choice to warn him without talking to him before hand.

- The other stripe of the pattern is what I observed in these accepted warn appeals, is that Will warned players in which was challenged on the forums and accepted. However Will was proven not concise with these warnings (Could be confusion, what he thought was right, and quick decisions). With this I feel like Will does not slow down to think on these type of warnings. It could have been prevents if he pulled up the members into a sit. Which he is not required to really do a sit for an obvious warn infraction but I feel like it is common sense to bring someone up to the roof to get a better understanding. If you don't do this, people can also say "He did not listen to my side of the story".

2). "While it is within admin+ to warn for obvious rule infractions, Will has had multiple warn appeals that have been accepted and i will link those below."

- Looking at these appeals in my opinion they are quiet spread out in dates. Within five months Will has around five false warns? If the Accepted False Warn appeals is Jimmy's concern. Staff members tend to give out many warnings a day, I am surprised staff don't receive more false warn reports. It atleast shows Will is contributing to the staff team pulling weight. Although these are accepted warn appeals, does that mean Will is a bad staff member? No, it does not mean anything of the sort. Like I said before Will warns for what he feels is right. These accepted false warns don't necessarily mean anything. However looking thought these appeals, it could have been prevented by Will one way or another. 

3). "This has gotten to the point that the staff member is handing out warns carelessly and he has caused unnecessarily stress on these members and he hasn't upheld his duty as a senior staff member". I disagree with Jimmy's first statement, he is not handing out warnings just because for the heck of it, he does have reasonings. With this, he is holding up his duty of being a senior staff member. Although I do agree, it can cause stress and pain to go on the forums to appeal your warning. It's difficult but that is something you cannot blame Will for it. It's our warn appeal system that might be causing you stress and pain. 

In conclusion I will leave a +/- Support, Will is not a bad guy or necessarily a bad staff member. However there is room for big improvements for Will to conquer and learn as a person. I feel like his quality of being a staff member needs to be worked on (How he acts, proper ways to take sits, and dealing with situations). I feel like he needs slow down and understand what is going on before making his decisions. He is also not obligated to give verbal warnings, he can give out warnings if he feels like it's necessary. 

• Thanks 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

5 hours ago, Calamity said:

+/- Support, Will is not a bad guy or necessarily a bad staff member. However there is room for big improvements for Will to conquer and learn as a person. I feel like his quality of being a staff member needs to be worked on (How he acts, proper ways to take sits, and dealing with situations). I feel like he needs slow down and understand what is going on before making his decisions. He is also not obligated to give verbal warnings, he can give out warnings if he feels like it's necessary. 

my thoughts exactly

Signature.png

-support

he just asked what he can improve upon here and we have stated to take people to sits and explain to them what they did wrong and let the other person explain to I would say give it some time and see if he makes any improvement 

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

Heres the thing as senior admins we should know the rules. With that said it also takes a decent amount of time to become a senior admin, which means you are liked in the community, understands the rules, doesn't get a false warn report made basically every week. I have nothing against will but you are very careless with your power and I think its time SMT talks to you about how to fix your issue or whatever they seem fit.

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

14 hours ago, Sion said:

+support 

the problem with snr admins is that they do there own sits   and sometimes just warn them right away without even knowing something 

• Head Admin

I will do my best not to take a side in this matter, but I would like to state that I always try to do my best while staffing. Yes, I have noticed that this is becoming an issue with me taking a side too quickly and is one of the reasons why I had made the post asking how I could improve. I am always willing to change and adapt to how other's feel I could be best of service to them, but it is easy for a person to fall out of line or become careless like I have over time.

As I mentioned before, I am always open to feedback which I have noticed I really have not gotten in recent weeks. Please, by all means, if you feel I am doing something wrong, tell me so it does not get to this point where a report has to be made! (Thanks!)

Forklift_Signature.png

3 hours ago, LuckyGoose said:

Well, @Jackk we are allowed to take our own sits it's in the staff handbook. But we should be making a sit about the issue.

I think thats only if 1. Youre the only staff on or 2.  You are not directly involved with the sit. Ex someone rdms someone in front of you thats okay, but not someone making a claim against you because then its corrupt as an admin and  there was other staff on the server who can take the sit. You guys should be working as a staff TEAM and not individual staff trying selfishly to climb the ladder ranks and is power hungry.  

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

On 3/29/2020 at 3:43 AM, Calamity said:

In conclusion I will leave a +/- Support, Will is not a bad guy or necessarily a bad staff member. However there is room for big improvements for Will to conquer and learn as a person. I feel like his quality of being a staff member needs to be worked on (How he acts, proper ways to take sits, and dealing with situations). I feel like he needs slow down and understand what is going on before making his decisions. He is also not obligated to give verbal warnings, he can give out warnings if he feels like it's necessary. 

+/- Support but leaning towards -Support

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Echo said:

I think thats only if 1. Youre the only staff on or 2.  You are not directly involved with the sit. 

This is something I think should be standard, with the only exception being obvious rule infractions which basically consists of rdm and nothing else a majority of the time.

• Like 2

SCPRP Head of Staff