Will Staff Report- Accepted

Jimmy James

23 hours ago, Calamity said:

+/- Suppoort

Here goes a full depth analysis of what I believe hearing opinions, hearing both sides of the stories, etc. Lets break this report since with how this report is written, there is some supporting statements to this report on our Senior Admin Will. 

1). "This staff member has consistently warned other members without getting both sides of the story." As a staff member on Gaminglight, it states in the staff handbook that you must understand both sides of the story before giving a proper decision. Let's take a deeper look into these Accepted Warn Appeals. Evaluating these accepted warn appeals there seems to be a pattern.

- The first stripe of the pattern is that Will tends to warn people for what he feels is right. That is an A-Ok thing to do, it is staff discretion after all. In some of these appeals, he was correct but our lovely Head Admin accepted these type of false warns reverting it to a verbal warning. For example a community member Ghosted appealed his false warn for respawning when EMS was on. Even though the report was self evident it could have been handled in a small sit, Will made the choice to warn him without talking to him before hand.

- The other stripe of the pattern is what I observed in these accepted warn appeals, is that Will warned players in which was challenged on the forums and accepted. However Will was proven not concise with these warnings (Could be confusion, what he thought was right, and quick decisions). With this I feel like Will does not slow down to think on these type of warnings. It could have been prevents if he pulled up the members into a sit. Which he is not required to really do a sit for an obvious warn infraction but I feel like it is common sense to bring someone up to the roof to get a better understanding. If you don't do this, people can also say "He did not listen to my side of the story".

2). "While it is within admin+ to warn for obvious rule infractions, Will has had multiple warn appeals that have been accepted and i will link those below."

- Looking at these appeals in my opinion they are quiet spread out in dates. Within five months Will has around five false warns? If the Accepted False Warn appeals is Jimmy's concern. Staff members tend to give out many warnings a day, I am surprised staff don't receive more false warn reports. It atleast shows Will is contributing to the staff team pulling weight. Although these are accepted warn appeals, does that mean Will is a bad staff member? No, it does not mean anything of the sort. Like I said before Will warns for what he feels is right. These accepted false warns don't necessarily mean anything. However looking thought these appeals, it could have been prevented by Will one way or another. 

3). "This has gotten to the point that the staff member is handing out warns carelessly and he has caused unnecessarily stress on these members and he hasn't upheld his duty as a senior staff member". I disagree with Jimmy's first statement, he is not handing out warnings just because for the heck of it, he does have reasonings. With this, he is holding up his duty of being a senior staff member. Although I do agree, it can cause stress and pain to go on the forums to appeal your warning. It's difficult but that is something you cannot blame Will for it. It's our warn appeal system that might be causing you stress and pain. 

In conclusion I will leave a +/- Support, Will is not a bad guy or necessarily a bad staff member. However there is room for big improvements for Will to conquer and learn as a person. I feel like his quality of being a staff member needs to be worked on (How he acts, proper ways to take sits, and dealing with situations). I feel like he needs slow down and understand what is going on before making his decisions. He is also not obligated to give verbal warnings, he can give out warnings if he feels like it's necessary. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

8 hours ago, Echo said:

I think thats only if 1. Youre the only staff on or 2.  You are not directly involved with the sit. Ex someone rdms someone in front of you thats okay, but not someone making a claim against you because then its corrupt as an admin and  there was other staff on the server who can take the sit. You guys should be working as a staff TEAM and not individual staff trying selfishly to climb the ladder ranks and is power hungry.  

I had thought this was common knowledge. No Senior Admin should be taking sits that have been made against them themself?

On 3/29/2020 at 3:43 AM, Calamity said:

2). "While it is within admin+ to warn for obvious rule infractions, Will has had multiple warn appeals that have been accepted and i will link those below."

- Looking at these appeals in my opinion they are quiet spread out in dates. Within five months Will has around five false warns? If the Accepted False Warn appeals is Jimmy's concern. Staff members tend to give out many warnings a day, I am surprised staff don't receive more false warn reports. It atleast shows Will is contributing to the staff team pulling weight. Although these are accepted warn appeals, does that mean Will is a bad staff member? No, it does not mean anything of the sort. Like I said before Will warns for what he feels is right. These accepted false warns don't necessarily mean anything. However looking thought these appeals, it could have been prevented by Will one way or another. 

I also want to point out that every single one of the accepted warn appeals that Jimmy linked were appeals of off-duty warns issued by Will. I am not saying that Will does not pull his weight, but I wouldn't say that these appeals come to show that Will is actually "contributing to the staff team pulling weight."

I think I've given out a fair share of warnings myself and have yet to have a false warn appeal made against me in my entire staffing career. Because of this, I am lead to believe that these accepted false warn appeals do in fact matter. Something is wrong here.

I agree that staff members do give out tons of warnings a day, but all of the warns he issued were off duty, and the number of warns given definitely decreases as a Senior Admin. That also leads me to believe that 5 false warn appeals is a little too much.

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Jayden said:

I also want to point out that every single one of the accepted warn appeals that Jimmy linked were appeals of off-duty warns issued by Will. I am not saying that Will does not pull his weight, but I wouldn't say that these appeals come to show that Will is actually "contributing to the staff team pulling weight."

I think I've given out a fair share of warnings myself and have yet to have a false warn appeal made against me in my entire staffing career. Because of this, I am lead to believe that these accepted false warn appeals do in fact matter. Something is wrong here.

I mean.... I only ever had 1 appeal made in my entire staffing career but that has nothing to do with anything. 

A lot of my warnings as an Admin (the first time) were made off duty. Does that mean im pulling my weight? I mean, it depends on your outlook. Hindsite is 20/20.

But either way. The time period between these warnings (as th3 mentioned) plays a huge role. They aren't like 30 warn appeals in 3 days. THAT would be something wrong. Every admin+ makes off-duty sits and you can't sit there and tell me that everyone doesn't take a sit related to themselves every so often. Regardless, im getting off track. The time frame in between the warn appeals says everything. Everyone has a warn appeal eventually, and sometimes they come in waves of 2 or 3 or 4 or hell. Even 9 or 10. It just depends on how much they care about keeping a clean record. That's how I see it. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

5 minutes ago, Voxis said:

I mean.... I only ever had 1 appeal made in my entire staffing career but that has nothing to do with anything. 

A lot of my warnings as an Admin (the first time) were made off duty. Does that mean im pulling my weight? I mean, it depends on your outlook. Hindsite is 20/20.

But either way. The time period between these warnings (as th3 mentioned) plays a huge role. They aren't like 30 warn appeals in 3 days. THAT would be something wrong. Every admin+ makes off-duty sits and you can't sit there and tell me that everyone doesn't take a sit related to themselves every so often. Regardless, im getting off track. The time frame in between the warn appeals says everything. Everyone has a warn appeal eventually, and sometimes they come in waves of 2 or 3 or 4 or hell. Even 9 or 10. It just depends on how much they care about keeping a clean record. That's how I see it. 

I agree with that, 30 warn appeals in 3 days would be horrid.

In my opinion though, the amount of appeals does have relevancy. Having a warn appeal made against me tells me I'm doing something wrong, ESPECIALLY if they are accepted. That's just how I see it.

If I had 5 accepted warn appeals made against me I would even be somewhat afraid to give warnings in general.

This could just be me though.

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

I mean to be fair I had a warn appeal that was accepted because I warned a guy for calling staff for RDM (even though he was and didnt explain it during his prior sit) and the amount of trouble I got in for that was literally 0. 

Yeah accepted appeals CAN have a negative effect sure. But that only comes into play when it's in rapid succession like 3 to 4 days apart vs a few months and a couple of weeks. 5 warn appeals that were accepted from 3 months ago, 1 month ago down to a couple of hours prior to this post, is nothing compared to the possible 100 to 125 in that time frame. (That's ball parking btw) 

20 minutes ago, Jayden said:

I had thought this was common knowledge. No Senior Admin should be taking sits that have been made against them themself?

I agree that staff members do give out tons of warnings a day, but all of the warns he issued were off duty, and the number of warns given definitely decreases as a Senior Admin. That also leads me to believe that 5 false warn appeals is a little too much.

Thanks for the reply Jayden and sharing your opinion, I would like to share my thoughts on this.

When I wrote my response I did not say that there was not anything wrong with having five accepted warn appeals, I made a statement saying these false warn appeals are pretty spread out within five months does not necessarily meaning anything as in it does not make you necessarily a bad person or bad staff member. Which led me into going into detail about each warn appeal actually giving supporting evidence of what he did wrong, I am guessing you never exactly read that part of my analysis. (I also went into detail about some of these false warn appeals are actually not false warnings, they were appealed just in petty of the player being given a verbal).

"I agree that staff members do give out tons of warnings a day, but all of the warns he issued were off duty, and the number of warns given definitely decreases as a Senior Admin. That also leads me to believe that 5 false warn appeals is a little too much." I feel like you think Senior Admins tend to not warn as much (obviously because they are not required to take more sits) but I feel like it does not at all mean that senior admins can be very active and take care of more sits (More Warnings). For example it happened to me, when I was an admin with over two thousand sits compared to other admins having way less sits, I was more prone to getting reported. That is what I was trying to hint at in my post, hopefully this helped you understand better!

• Like 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

11 minutes ago, Jayden said:

In my opinion though, the amount of appeals does have relevancy. Having a warn appeal made against me tells me I'm doing something wrong, ESPECIALLY if they are accepted. That's just how I see it.

If I had 5 accepted warn appeals made against me I would even be somewhat afraid to give warnings in general.

This could just be me though.

I have staffed on and off since 2017. The amount of warnings I have issued are close to the 1,000 mark. If every single warning I ever issued that was appealed and accepted counted against me then I never would have made it to the rank I did make it to. 

In my opinion these warn appeals do not tell me anything about Will as I am not even looking at the ones outside of March given how far apart they are.

My main issue is that yes the amount of appeals is relevant but the frequency is even more important when looking for issues such as abuse and other violations of the handbook. That doesn't tell us anything except Will is only human and several warnings he has issued have later been observed to be incorrect.

• Like 3

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

+/- Support leaning torwards - support.

I believe the points Clamity and th3 have made are more then reasonable.

Everyone has there up and down days sometimes more then the other.

Only thing I can recommend for any staff is talking to the person your warning.

• Thanks 1

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

+ Support

I have recently been having problem with him such as being in a sit against someone and him choosing sides. But overall hes not a bad guy but it just seems there has been a lot of reports about him and a bunch of false wanrs.

Derick | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | FBI Deputy Director Derick RA3 | 

-Support

You are pulling false warns from over nearly 5 months. Im going to need to see some evidence of him being bias in a situation or him taking a sit with his friends involved before you use that as a argument against him. A few warn appeals dont hurt too much. While I do think he should just have a talk about the amount of warn appeals that have been accepted.