Nerf IQ/RG big time

Rocco_Rex

What do you want to see? - MAJOR nerf to IQ/RG. Remove heal, cap damage at a reasonable amount

Why should we add it? - IQ/RG are incredibly overpowerd. Event characters get obliterated by IQ/RG and the only option for GMs is to give the actors super OP weapons which many times do little to stop IQ/RG and decimate troopers. I did a test involving a RG CDT who had fore heal, I sent him against unending waves of NPCs with 9999x normal health and OP weapons, turrets, etc. yet he still never died

What are the advantages of having this? -Make troopers much more valued, increase activity in trooper batts, make things MUCH more balanced

Who is it mainly for? -Everyone but IQ/RG

Links to any content - NA 

Edited by Rocco_Rex
  • Like 1

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

- Support

- The reason that the Royal guard killed them all is because, force heal in extremely good in combat but if you where to add a regular event character they would kill the RG with ease as they'd deal with NPC's & an intelligent foe

- RG are underpowered as it is, as I bet 6 of them as a basic Lord, even during events they are terrifyingly easy to defeat.

- As you state "I sent him against unending waves of NPCs with 9999x normal health and OP weapons, turrets, etc. yet he still never died" I find that if you couldn't kill a RG CDT even though you state all these things is quite concerning. 

- You also say "Major HP debuff & Damage Cap" which make utterly no sense as RG are weak as hell, & Inquisitors are based on the skill of the player on how much HP. For damage cap that would be completely unreasonable as you earn those crystals & they shouldn't be capped. Also RG have the basic crystals they get, so I'm confused on why you suggest a cap on something so minor in DPS.

[- Sector Advisor Lucifer | Head Admin of ImperialRP -]

~ Our duty as Soldiers is to protect the Empire, no matter the cost... ~

+ and - support

Remove healing in my opinion is 100% right and that would work very well as we cant run away and heal without a medical.

Damage does not need to be reduced, the event character's health needs to be increased and actually experienced lightsaber users should be playing the role of jedi in these events as the IQ are taught very well how to duel and even if we did less damage these jedi would still be decimated due to most jedi in events lack of experience.

RG do not need a nerf at all they are completely balanced as soon as you take away the heal but may i suggest they update their SOP so in battle they don't go charging out attacking troopers they should be still guarding a VIP they are NOT inquisitors and i have seen them try to hunt jedi often and yes that is a problem.

We could also talk about IQ prioritising jedi over the regular rebel troopers in events leaving the troopers having to deal with those whilst the IQ hunt down the jedi.

OVERALL- Remove healing leave only the ability where you can heal other people,Dont nerf RG just make sure they arnt hunting jedi or charging into battle without protecting a V.I.P, damage dosn't need nerfing maybe a slight increase in event character health but use better lightsaber users as the jedi in events.

Edited by ♛.dembi.♛

• Manager

Here is an easy solution.

Make Force Heal during Combat  FailRP and you must wait 10 seconds or 1 minute to heal again, just like PRP and SCPRP

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

2 hours ago, ♛.dembi.♛ said:

+ and - support

Remove healing in my opinion is 100% right and that would work very well as we cant run away and heal without a medical.

Damage does not need to be reduced, the event character's health needs to be increased and actually experienced lightsaber users should be playing the role of jedi in these events as the IQ are taught very well how to duel and even if we did less damage these jedi would still be decimated due to most jedi in events lack of experience.

RG do not need a nerf at all they are completely balanced as soon as you take away the heal but may i suggest they update their SOP so in battle they don't go charging out attacking troopers they should be still guarding a VIP they are NOT inquisitors and i have seen them try to hunt jedi often and yes that is a problem.

We could also talk about IQ prioritising jedi over the regular rebel troopers in events leaving the troopers having to deal with those whilst the IQ hunt down the jedi.

OVERALL- Remove healing leave only the ability where you can heal other people,Dont nerf RG just make sure they arnt hunting jedi or charging into battle without protecting a V.I.P, damage dosn't need nerfing maybe a slight increase in event character health but use better lightsaber users as the jedi in events.

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
sasuke GIF

4 hours ago, Nimo said:

Make Force Heal during Combat  FailRP and you must wait 10 seconds or 1 minute to heal again, just like PRP and SCPRP

This on top of some global damage percentage nerfs on crystals.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

7 hours ago, Nimo said:

Not really, pretty sure it doesnt show in logs. Would be pretty much impossible to enforce

Aheago, I didnt attack the RG directly, it was just him vs NPCs

GMs arent supposed to have lots of Jedi events and non Jedi health is capped at 2500 and GM command has stated that probably wont be going up any time soon

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

I mean RG can't have OP hilts with customization they get stuck with the normal hilt/crystal and they have less hp then a apprentice so they're damage is already capped as this hilt isnt customizable aswell against jedis they are easily killed therefore normally they normally dont hunt down jedi but when theres no one to guard they might go after the jedi but if there is a person to guard they absoultoley shouldnt hunt down the jedi unless they are guarding a IQ lore character and they are fighting a jedi they would help so maybe just add a cooldown because RG use the force heal to keep the VIP alive so they still need it 

It would be a bit hard to cap IQs crystal damage especially for the ones you can pay for e.g sawtooth and the hilts that add 3 blades and thats what they donated for so they may feel a bit angry if the damage is capped 

A alternative route is making the rebel more tanky on the basis of how many IQ/RG are on and active

- IC VCOM 1262 DL Scorch 

Edited by some guy

Kev
juegos fallout GIF

• Manager
15 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

What are the advantages of having this? -Make troopers much more valued, increase activity in trooper batts, make things MUCH more balanced

This makes no sense at all

First of all, your point is "Making troopers more valued" From nerfing IQ or RG how is this suppose to make Trooper more valued. IQ are to follow the Defensive Rule and protect you guys, us protecting you guys should make you "Feel" more valued.

Second of all, "Increasing troopers activity" How from this suggestion will people activity boost? It is your jobs to keep your battalions activity up, not suggestion post to nerf IQ.

Third of all, "Making things more balanced" We paid to be a little more advanced and a little more powerful and nerfing us would defeat the purpose.

Please be more specific on what you want because all the points are invalid.

57 minutes ago, Nimo said:

First of all, your point is "Making troopers more valued" From nerfing IQ or RG how is this suppose to make Trooper more valued. IQ are to follow the Defensive Rule and protect you guys, us protecting you guys should make you "Feel" more valued.

Second of all, "Increasing troopers activity" How from this suggestion will people activity boost? It is your jobs to keep your battalions activity up, not suggestion post to nerf IQ.

Third of all, "Making things more balanced" We paid to be a little more advanced and a little more powerful and nerfing us would defeat the purpose.

Often times IQ bolt in front and just cut down everyone. It would make troopers more valued cuz IQ/RG would slice everyone down, heal, repeat

If troopers have more value then activity in trooper batts will go up as they will know they will get some good combat, not just IQ murdering everything

Id say yall are a lot more than a "little" more powerful

• Manager
Just now, Rocco_Rex said:

Often times IQ bolt in front and just cut down everyone. It would make troopers more valued cuz IQ/RG would slice everyone down, heal, repeat

If troopers have more value then activity in trooper batts will go up as they will know they will get some good combat, not just IQ murdering everything

Id say yall are a lot more than a "little" more powerful

You know if people would report IQ breaking Defensive formation with Evidence there woudn't be this problem

1 hour ago, Nimo said:

It makes ALOT of sense as IQ and royal guard are OP and all of us regular infantry are left behind in the dust. Basically Rocco_rex hits it.

I believe CC's should also be nerfed in terms of HP and damage too.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

16 minutes ago, Nimo said:

You know if people would report IQ breaking Defensive formation with Evidence there woudn't be this problem

Pretty hard for troopers to do so when they're busy dying and for GMs when we are busy bolting around making sure event goes well

20 hours ago, [GL] Ahegao said:

- Support

- The reason that the Royal guard killed them all is because, force heal in extremely good in combat but if you where to add a regular event character they would kill the RG with ease as they'd deal with NPC's & an intelligent foe

- RG are underpowered as it is, as I bet 6 of them as a basic Lord, even during events they are terrifyingly easy to defeat.

- As you state "I sent him against unending waves of NPCs with 9999x normal health and OP weapons, turrets, etc. yet he still never died" I find that if you couldn't kill a RG CDT even though you state all these things is quite concerning. 

- You also say "Major HP debuff & Damage Cap" which make utterly no sense as RG are weak as hell, & Inquisitors are based on the skill of the player on how much HP. For damage cap that would be completely unreasonable as you earn those crystals & they shouldn't be capped. Also RG have the basic crystals they get, so I'm confused on why you suggest a cap on something so minor in DPS.

13 hours ago, Nimo said:

I must agree with Nimo, we could just make them wait a certain amount of time

Ex - Clone Wars RP Commander Cody Ex - Senior Moderator CWRP & Imperial RP | Ex - Imperial RP 501st VCMDR

"You eggs are going to be the death of me" - Guy Science

21 hours ago, [GL] Ahegao said:

- Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 9:35 AM, ♛.dembi.♛ said:

+ and - support

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

Im torn inbetween this comment.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:35 AM, ♛.dembi.♛ said:

+ and - support

• Manager

In terms of RG, their force abilities have already been removed (excluding force absorb and blocking) due to unrelated topics/conversations.

In terms of IQ as a whole, it would be a large process of editing the damage for all the crystals and resticting health - especially how other factors contribute to how they use the equipment they get. For example, many player have donated to recieve certain items/parts that increase their performance, if we change that then we are taking away what the donation orginally promised them - also people have bought levels/skillpoints to reach certain abilities meaning it could be unfair to just restrict/remove them. In addition, the customization of their lightsabers aren't just to dominate event characters, it is also a crutial role in how they train/duel each other through their passive RP sessions. Furthermore, the Inquisitors generally follow the densive rule (as they are constantly being informed) and those that break it are usually punished (through strikes or tick reduction). Furthermore, the healing abilities also help the troopers. On the other hand, it is possible to add a time restriction on how often one can use the healing abilities (through editing the config).

In my opinion, the easier and fairer way to deal with this is to change how event characters deal with Inquisitors (like a new stun device or a weapon that pushes them back). For example, we have recently successfully coded new elctro batons for purge, meaning we can do the same for event characters without having to be Jedi. Moreover, we currently have ways that can suppress Inquisitors that I have seen to be successful like using flash/smoke grenades, jet packs, and fortifications.

• 2 weeks later...