No More Crouch Jumping - Denied

Novah

Just now, Rabbit said:

How would staff enforce this?

Well, if it was Considered FailRP than it'd be a FailRP warn or a verbal. There's a ton of things that can get you warned for FailRP but we don't always have proof of that however confessions or video proof help us a lot. Remember, we have a lot of logs but we don't have logs for everything ;3 We still manage!

| Retired Head Gamemaster Emily | Super Admin Emily | Retired Nu-7 Colonel, Vice Marshal, & Seventh sister |
"if you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev spacer.png

technically we can enforce any rule given enough resources, but we only have limited resources, enforcing this rule will end in one of two ways staff having to spectate combat prone branches or leave the burden to prove wrongdoing on the players.  

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

3 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

technically we can enforce any rule given enough resources, but we only have limited resources, enforcing this rule will end in one of two ways staff having to spectate combat prone branches or leave the burden to prove wrongdoing on the players.  

Still, would it be that hard to actually handle?? If you think about it, people would find out about it than probably stop but it and it wouldn't be constant sits. If there are, I was wrong but still it'd be nice to not see people jump around like frogs wouldn't it? Enforcing the rule wouldn't really be that hard in my eyes but, if it is for others than, it is for others. It shouldn't stop us from being able to staff however.  

| Retired Head Gamemaster Emily | Super Admin Emily | Retired Nu-7 Colonel, Vice Marshal, & Seventh sister |
"if you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev spacer.png

18 hours ago, Jakub said:

Bruh Just adapt to the meta that has been established long before you have played
-Support i can already imagine the 500 sits a day based on crouch jumping.

image.png.5f6f9044287f48f8c22d5c0f3fb95af6.png

You would just have a million frivolous sits regarding this 

Many people have been used to crouch jumping and they may accidentally jump, are you gonna warn them for that? 

You would get a huge number of sits and you can’t do other important stuff on Staff

It just makes no sense, even th3, the former HOS agrees 

HUGE -Support 

10 hours ago, Novah said:

Still, would it be that hard to actually handle?? If you think about it, people would find out about it than probably stop but it and it wouldn't be constant sits. If there are, I was wrong but still it'd be nice to not see people jump around like frogs wouldn't it? Enforcing the rule wouldn't really be that hard in my eyes but, if it is for others than, it is for others. It shouldn't stop us from being able to staff however.  

It may not be hard for you but others may find it hard and it’s more of a delicate issue to handle cause most people are not gonna remember this in combat cause they are trying not to instantly die and will crouch jump 100%

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Many people have been used to crouch jumping and they may accidentally jump, are you gonna warn them for that? 

You would get a huge number of sits and you can’t do other important stuff on Staff

HUGE -Support 

It may not be hard for you but others may find it hard and it’s more of a delicate issue to handle cause most people are not gonna remember this in combat cause they are trying not to instantly die and will crouch jump 100%

For the sits, yes there may be a lot at first but than again it actually gives us a reason to do our job as staff. There's always plenty of sits for many different reasons. I've realized that there is a small way to determine if they're crouching jumping which has to do with our Player combat logs and we can see where the battle first started and how it started. If someone is spam crouch jumping and they kill that other person while in the air, we can determine it that way. Other ways, is video proof or just flat our talking. A sit like this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes in my eyes. Yes, Yes I understand that others may not handle this like that but it's only Crouch jump spamming.. This is the only server I've witnessed that has it that much which in my eyes ruins combat. Other servers manage, this one could as well. 

If, this was accepted than the sits that did come in would be large or medium amount however as a Community we can most likely overcome this together. It's crouch jump spamming, it ins't disallowing sprinting or shooting while like crouching or something. It's just crouch jump spamming. Hell, even jumping isn't that bad but the crouch jump spamming will just mess up combat and have people exploit there hit boxes. 

I don't expect this to be accepted but it'd be nice to see combat differently with formations being used and people actually using tactics. 

2 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

HUGE -Support 

Oh Shit! A Rat!

On 3/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, Gunther said:

-Support, it would be super hard to know who crouch jumped and who didn't. Also, if someone is doing it to abuse combat, like 076 vs MTF, then yea that should be FailRP but otherwise yea it's fine how it is.

i’m literally a scout and spy main, my 0 warns record would be destroyed by this out of habit

-support

and also, as jakub said, it’s a long established meta across hundreds of gmod servers, it’s semi serious rp, not everything has to be realistic.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

34 minutes ago, Crabbo said:

-Support
Will they need to upgrade logs to see when people crouch? 

No.. It'd be the same thing I mentioned with previous ones lol

On 3/27/2020 at 4:59 PM, Doggo0 said:

How do we check if someone did it or not?

Staff has combat logs that allow them to see  parts of it. Of course that will be complicated to use, but that would be used if someone was absolutely convinced they did it, and the other person was insisting they didn’t. I feel that this is a good exploit to close, like the dancing during combat rule, because mess with your hit box. 

On 3/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

HUGE -Support

On 3/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, th3 said:

Imagine enforcing this rule

I would go insane again

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||