No More Crouch Jumping - Denied

Novah

What you want to see? - A possible rule to make Crouch jumping combat FailRP.

Why should we add it? -  I can name a thousand reasons on why it can be considered FailRP but for now I'll name the basics. Firstly, during actual combat a person wouldn't be able to jump 2-3 feet in the air because of how heavy some of the gear they have on them is. It's mostly required in most MTF branches for someone to have a Backpack on them which would make jumping even harder. Reason two is that during actual combat, no one would actually be jumping up and down constantly during a battle. Reason 3 is that I think it'd be nearly impossible for someone to constantly jump up and down during a battle and fire weapons at someone like a Assault rifle or a shotgun or something along those lines.  One of the main reasons however I think it should be added to FailRP is because a lot of people crouch jump or other to abuse their hit-box to make it hard for others to hit them or shoot them which in my eyes is technically exploiting.

What are the advantages of having this? - MTF or CI go through training's and PT to teach formations or tactics during raids however it's hard to actually do these tactics and remain serious when someone is constantly crouch jumping during a battle to abuse there hit box and make it harder for someone to damage them.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Links to any content -  N/A

| Retired Head Gamemaster Emily | Super Admin Emily | Retired Nu-7 Colonel, Vice Marshal, & Seventh sister |
"if you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev spacer.png

1 minute ago, starr said:

this would cause some absolute hell

Truthfully, for the first day or two if it was put in than yes but it'd make tactics and formations actually useful.. 

| Retired Head Gamemaster Emily | Super Admin Emily | Retired Nu-7 Colonel, Vice Marshal, & Seventh sister |
"if you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev spacer.png

Just now, -Neo- said:

Truthfully, for the first day or two if it was put in than yes but it'd make tactics and formations actually useful.. 

nah i mean since its already been fine since the server started a lot of people are gonna be warned

insert cliched signature 

Just now, starr said:

nah i mean since its already been fine since the server started a lot of people are gonna be warned

I think Verbal warnings would be acceptable in this type of situation. Obviously since it'd be a new thing for the rules it wouldn't be known well yet but things spread around quickly and specially stuff like this.

35 minutes ago, starr said:

I mean I'm in between on it, I don't like it but it might help combat, 

+/- support

How do we check if someone did it or not?

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

Just now, Doggo0 said:

How do we check if someone did it or not?

How do you check if 173 failRPed with people watching him? How do you check if someone called someone else a offensive word? We don't have logs for everything but as staff it's always good to improvise or find the stories from each person. We manage pretty well.

1 minute ago, -Neo- said:

How do you check if 173 failRPed with people watching him? How do you check if someone called someone else a offensive word? We don't have logs for everything but as staff it's always good to improvise or find the stories from each person. We manage pretty well.

That's fine with me, so we'll need video/screenshot proof. (If we don't see it)

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

Just now, Doggo0 said:

That's fine with me, so we'll need video/screenshot proof. (If we don't see it)

Pretty much. We often do that anyways plus, usually I leave it up with verbals or just inform them that "If" they did just not to do it again. If, this is approved than it's possible it can balance branch combat as well. Plus, a lot of other servers consider battling like that Fail-RP and manage that pretty well. 

+/- Support, from a RP Perspective you are totaly right, from a combat perspective it is simply the best method to avoid dying near intantly to weapons.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Just now, Falxen said:

+/- Support, from a RP Perspective you are totaly right, from a combat perspective it is simply the best method to avoid dying near intantly to weapons.

A lot of our weapons have been Nerfed or buffed depending on what weapon. Plus, isn't it the same way for both each other? Usually when people avoid dying by OP weapons, they use nearby cover. 

-Support, it would be super hard to know who crouch jumped and who didn't. Also, if someone is doing it to abuse combat, like 076 vs MTF, then yea that should be FailRP but otherwise yea it's fine how it is.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

-Support, it would be super hard to know who crouch jumped and who didn't. Also, if someone is doing it to abuse combat, like 076 vs MTF, then yea that should be FailRP but otherwise yea it's fine how it is.

Crouch jumping works with 076 however there's other tactics to kill 076. Such as, running and gunning and closing doors in his face. Or, just simply running around him. I notice that no matter what it's still hard for him to hit people. But, i do get that however jumping isn't the only defense from 076.  And, for the hard thing to know who jumped and who didn't. I stated my defense for that above. ^^^ We already have things we can't determine. 

Bruh Just adapt to the meta that has been established long before you have played
-Support i can already imagine the 500 sits a day based on crouch jumping.

image.png.5f6f9044287f48f8c22d5c0f3fb95af6.png

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

4 minutes ago, BadAim said:

what

what

+SUPPORT  i mean in real life who you gonna see jumping to dodge bullets in combat

6 hours ago, Jakub said:

Bruh Just adapt to the meta that has been established long before you have played
-Support i can already imagine the 500 sits a day based on crouch jumping.

idk man sounds like a crouch jumper to me lol

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"