Swap Research & Util Bunks. - Denied

Phillers

• Head Admin
On 3/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Kumandant said:

-Support

I was approached by a Utility member to take a look at this suggestion, and after reading through it, I found many holes in your arguments.
So putting aside the fact that this suggestion is basically looking to downgrade Research Bunks, I'd like to refute your statements 🙂

"it has been an issue that UTIL is entering the CC's, because, well, its practicaly inside their bunks"
-Utility bunks are the clearly marked spaces on the side, not the middle of the room.
-It's not difficult to enforce a rule against playing with the SCPs near your bunks.
-People are not entering the containment chambers because they are near your bunks, they are entering it because it has new SCPs, and people want to look at them.

"For UTIL, the new location will be beneficial on its own already, as it will be closer to medbay, making it easier for the medical branch"
-Saying it benefits Medical is a stretch. Why would medical be in Utility Bunks? Most medics are meant to be stationed at Medbay, and they even have their own dedicated spawn. If you're thinking of replacing their current spawn, that'll just make it harder for Medical, as not only do they have to walk further, and medical command would also lose their control during Medbay lockdowns.

"Research will now have SCP's inside of their bunks, allowing for easier acces to SCP's for testing, even if its a Defcon 3-2 scenario"
-All researchers already have access to test during Defcon 3, even the Juniors.
-The whole "SCP inside of bunks" thing is extremely short term. I can imagine people getting bored after just a few days.
-The use of Class-D are restricted anyway during Defcon 2, so you are very limited to what you can do.

"The additional space will also be good for Tech, as they will have some space to do projects in, which is something they have been lacking ever since  173 has been re-added, as it removed the space they could usualy do that."
-Two spaces have already been made readily available for Technical for build in. The windowed room directly on the right of Utility Bunks, and SCP-1162's old room.  Beanz has taken advantage of the windowed room to build a nice workshop, which anybody may view.
-Why on earth would technical build something in a room that only few people can access? If I built something I was proud off, I would want everybody to see it.

Miscellaneous points
-Janitorial receives no benefits from this.
-The spawn area is already evenly divided for Technical and Janitorial, and you were even given a fancy new Training Room.
-Technical and Janitorial are heavily discouraged from staying in their bunks, as they have been tasked with the prevention of self breaching.

-Support

-SUPPORT

Research is in need of its current bunks due to the size of the branch. We have around 130 researchers in the branch and the extra space helps with our projects and we are in the center of Light Containment Zone so its easier for us to access certain SCP's faster and more efficiently. Due to our motives/goals, we are in more of a need to this mobility then Utility and for us to get around the facility faster.

Edited by Your Local Soviet

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅