Swap Research & Util Bunks. - Denied

Phillers

What you want to see? - The locations of the UTIL/Research bunks to be swapped.

Why should we add it? - With the addition of SCP's behind the UTIL Bunks, it has been an issue that UTIL is entering the CC's, because, well, its practicaly inside their bunks.
If this is swapped, this will be beneficial for both UTIL and Research. Research will now have SCP's inside of their bunks, allowing for easier acces to SCP's for testing, even if its a Defcon 3-2 scenario, they could still test because of the SCP's being inside of their bunks.

For UTIL, the new location will be beneficial on its own already, as it will be closer to medbay, making it easier for the medical branch. The additional space will also be good for Tech, as they will have some space to do projects in, which is something they have been lacking ever since  173 has been re-added, as it removed the space they could usualy do that.

What are the advantages of having this? - Whats above.

Who is it mainly for? - Research/Utility.

Links to any content -N/A.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support

I was approached by a Utility member to take a look at this suggestion, and after reading through it, I found many holes in your arguments.
So putting aside the fact that this suggestion is basically looking to downgrade Research Bunks, I'd like to refute your statements 🙂

"it has been an issue that UTIL is entering the CC's, because, well, its practicaly inside their bunks"
-Utility bunks are the clearly marked spaces on the side, not the middle of the room.
-It's not difficult to enforce a rule against playing with the SCPs near your bunks.
-People are not entering the containment chambers because they are near your bunks, they are entering it because it has new SCPs, and people want to look at them.

"For UTIL, the new location will be beneficial on its own already, as it will be closer to medbay, making it easier for the medical branch"
-Saying it benefits Medical is a stretch. Why would medical be in Utility Bunks? Most medics are meant to be stationed at Medbay, and they even have their own dedicated spawn. If you're thinking of replacing their current spawn, that'll just make it harder for Medical, as not only do they have to walk further, and medical command would also lose their control during Medbay lockdowns.

"Research will now have SCP's inside of their bunks, allowing for easier acces to SCP's for testing, even if its a Defcon 3-2 scenario"
-All researchers already have access to test during Defcon 3, even the Juniors.
-The whole "SCP inside of bunks" thing is extremely short term. I can imagine people getting bored after just a few days.
-The use of Class-D are restricted anyway during Defcon 2, so you are very limited to what you can do.

"The additional space will also be good for Tech, as they will have some space to do projects in, which is something they have been lacking ever since  173 has been re-added, as it removed the space they could usualy do that."
-Two spaces have already been made readily available for Technical for build in. The windowed room directly on the right of Utility Bunks, and SCP-1162's old room.  Beanz has taken advantage of the windowed room to build a nice workshop, which anybody may view.
-Why on earth would technical build something in a room that only few people can access? If I built something I was proud off, I would want everybody to see it.

Miscellaneous points
-Janitorial receives no benefits from this.
-The spawn area is already evenly divided for Technical and Janitorial, and you were even given a fancy new Training Room.
-Technical and Janitorial are heavily discouraged from staying in their bunks, as they have been tasked with the prevention of self breaching.

Edited by Kumandant

Counter to an argument

The researchers dont need a space that massive for one branch when utility needs to have multiple branches housed in what is now a smaller space than ever before, we cant even have more than two people spawn in without someone getting stuck inside of someone else because we had to reduce the size of our bunks because there are two groups, The technicians in the glass room also doesn't work because most things are more than a meter tall and so wouldn't fit. With your point of our training room, we didn't ask for it or need it, we were fine with how it was before. And if janitorial didn't get any benefits then why did we suggest it, we thought this through and it took ages to decide of we'd suggest it or not

Edited by R̦̺̐ͫő̼̺͊c̘k̄

Rock.

And, said glass room is not even avaible, as its an office, and the old 1116 is an office which doesn't have nearly enough space for any sizeable props.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

47 minutes ago, Kumandant said:

Two spaces have already been made readily available for Technical for build in. The windowed room directly on the right of Utility Bunks, and SCP-1162's old room.  Beanz has taken advantage of the windowed room to build a nice workshop, which anybody may view.

That's utility high command office

47 minutes ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

I was approached by a Utility member to take a look at this suggestion, and after reading through it, I found many holes in your arguments.
So putting aside the fact that this suggestion is basically looking to downgrade Research Bunks, I'd like to refute your statements 🙂

"it has been an issue that UTIL is entering the CC's, because, well, its practicaly inside their bunks"
-Utility bunks are the clearly marked spaces on the side, not the middle of the room.
-It's not difficult to enforce a rule against playing with the SCPs near your bunks.
-People are not entering the containment chambers because they are near your bunks, they are entering it because it has new SCPs, and people want to look at them.

"For UTIL, the new location will be beneficial on its own already, as it will be closer to medbay, making it easier for the medical branch"
-Saying it benefits Medical is a stretch. Why would medical be in Utility Bunks? Most medics are meant to be stationed at Medbay, and they even have their own dedicated spawn. If you're thinking of replacing their current spawn, that'll just make it harder for Medical, as not only do they have to walk further, and medical command would also lose their control during Medbay lockdowns.

"Research will now have SCP's inside of their bunks, allowing for easier acces to SCP's for testing, even if its a Defcon 3-2 scenario"
-The whole "SCP inside of bunks" thing is extremely short term. I can imagine people getting bored after just a few days.
-The use of Class-D are restricted anyway during Defcon 2, so you are very limited to what you can do.

"The additional space will also be good for Tech, as they will have some space to do projects in, which is something they have been lacking ever since  173 has been re-added, as it removed the space they could usualy do that."
-Two spaces have already been made readily available for Technical for build in. The windowed room directly on the right of Utility Bunks, and SCP-1162's old room.  Beanz has taken advantage of the windowed room to build a nice workshop, which anybody may view.
-Why on earth would technical build something in a room that only few people can access? If I built something I was proud off, I would want everybody to see it.

Miscellaneous points
-The spawn area is already evenly divided for Technical and Janitorial, and you were even given a fancy new Training Room.
-Technical and Janitorial are heavily discouraged from staying in their bunks, as they have been tasked with the prevention of self breaching.

But after reading this arguement -Support, would just be un needed and waste SMTs time

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

54 minutes ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

1 hour ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

1 hour ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

12 hours ago, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 3/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

Couldn't say it better 
-DOU Cookie

Ex-Ahome Cookie  Chicken Pot Pie is good

On 3/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, Kumandant said:

-Support

Miscellaneous points

-Support

Cant force player into a spawn.
Non-brach members cant enter another spawn.
CI won't be able to get to the SCP's that will be cut off by the new spawn

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there