D-Block Tower Improvement - Denied

Ritz

What you want to see? - The fence (only the segment circled in the picture) deleted, and a bridge be made from the tower to that segment

Why should we add it? - It would add something new for D-Class that would have tactical value as it would provide D-Class a side objective to take while rioting, due to the fact that it gives them the ability to flank. Adding this would also break the monotony of guarding D Block as some can now guard the tower instead of being behind a barricade.

What are the advantages of having this? - It adds something for Gensec to defend and something for D-Class to take

Who is it mainly for? - D-Class and Gensec

image.thumb.png.3d90fea6f67a99b6ab36a8159b367bc1.pngs

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

Hell to the frick no, that would be OP as all hell. It's hard enough keeping D-Class back when they come from one area, having two directions would thin our forces too heavily.

-Support

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support

+we now have the ability to make map edits like this and should take advantage of that

+there is a keypad on the door that leads to that area, so it wouldn’t be a constant flow of D class entering the tower

+It would allow security to have a Full 360 view of D block with a million new angles to snipe d class from during partial

+it would add an area for d class and security to contest that isn’t the D-block CP

+Security snipers would have A LOT more to do

all around seems like a great idea as long as we can make the actual map edit

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

41 minutes ago, BadAim said:

+Support

+we now have the ability to make map edits like this and should take advantage of that

+there is a keypad on the door that leads to that area, so it wouldn’t be a constant flow of D class entering the tower

+It would allow security to have a Full 360 view of D block with a million new angles to snipe d class from during partial

+it would add an area for d class and security to contest that isn’t the D-block CP

+Security snipers would have A LOT more to do

all around seems like a great idea as long as we can make the actual map edit

Honestly I gotta agree with this, But on this bridge if it gets add there should be enough space for 1 barricade and still enough space for D-Class to walk pass that barricade so i can make the bridge not overpowered 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

2 hours ago, BadAim said:

Bruh all it takes is for a D-Class to crack it and bam, its a flood of D-Class. I wouldn't send my Gensec into lower just to close something that will reopen in 5 minutes. The only way I would agree to this is to make a rule stating "Any D-Class seen attempting to crack open the tower is KOS."

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+/- Support
While it definitely sounds fun to do, I feel that there should be rules set in place for this. Perhaps a timer for D-Class to open the door, if there are D-Class with the keypad cracker, either they paid for a rank, cc or they have spent lots of time on the server. This also adds the idea that if you pay for something on a server, you are probably going to follow the rules as to not get punished and so your money doesn't get wasted.

But to stop moving to other ideologies, this is mainly what I think.

- Put rules in place.
- Make people who are cracking the door Kos, along with any D-Class in the tower Kos.
- Create a disadvantage for D-Class somehow. Perhaps the platform leading to the fence a small one, so that a line of D-Class can get through making it any easier to defend opening.

For those who are discouraged to say yes to this suggestion, think about this.

- It would open up a new area to use.
- If you had plenty of security on, you can send a group to the tower, making it better for snipers to use without getting stabbed in a rush.
- It is already very hard for D-Class to escape. If they were smart enough about it and devised a plan to flank and escape, it would be a good Roleplay. They have to get past Security, MTF, and Make it to the town without getting murdered by E11.
- New players would be interested that people thought of such an interesting addition. And if security was set up well enough, they would have a blast killing a bunch of D-Class standing in a line ready for shooting.

It is a very interesting idea in my opinion and could be used for the betterment of both sides. It just depends on how you set up your defenses, or how well you planned out a riot.

Thanks. :3

-Support, as it is impossible without yet another map edit.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

13 hours ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

D-Class are already bad enough.

-Support

Also, I believe that's a map prop. Unless if they were to open up the map in hammer and manually remove it, that's gonna stay.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 3/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Gunther said:

Hell to the frick no, that would be OP as all hell. It's hard enough keeping D-Class back when they come from one area, having two directions would thin our forces too heavily.

-Support

for once i agree with gunther

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+support

Would give Gensec much-needed gameplay diversity.

The bridge should be Narrow, to help with rushing D-class

Edited by Rabbit

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

On 3/26/2020 at 8:38 PM, Gunther said:

Bruh all it takes is for a D-Class to crack it and bam, its a flood of D-Class. I wouldn't send my Gensec into lower just to close something that will reopen in 5 minutes. The only way I would agree to this is to make a rule stating "Any D-Class seen attempting to crack open the tower is KOS."

Yeah go with that. If a bridge was made then you could just post a sniper on the bridge to snipe D-class in upper and D-class that are cracking.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+support,

The tower should be raised and a bridge  connecting the top floor of the tower to d block could be added with another keypad door that would only open from securities side.

-this would allow for new angles to be used in pvp within d block and completely refresh the look of d block making it very cool and much more refreshed.

-Having that one way door would mean it doesn't have to be a constant battle from that angle too but rather an alternative are snipers can go at their own risk.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif