Allow PD to block off more than one lane during major crimes - Denied

Tai Lopez

What you want to see? - Allow PD/gov to block off all lanes of traffic during major crimes, such as Bank raid/gen store, without needing command approval.

Why should we add it? - Currently, PD are only allowed to block off one lane of traffic during a bank raid or gen store robbery. This is completely unrealistic. Does it make sense for cars to just casually drive around the bank when there are multiple armed suspects with hostages raiding it? No. It clutters up the scene and distracts gov away from the bank raid to deal with cars either trying to go around the perimeter or cars that stopped right in front of bank wanting to watch. In real life, PD would block off all roadways and intersections leading anywhere near the scene. 

What are the advantages of having this? - It would improve the realism, as blocking off both lanes of traffic would be what police in real life would do. It would allow gov to focus on the situation rather than crowd/traffic control, and it would remove the cluster of cars and civilians around the scene.

Who is it mainly for? - PD/Gov

Links to any content - N/A

Note: Maybe it is unnecessary for PD to block entire roadways in all situations, but I highly suggest PD be allowed to block off all lanes of traffic during all bank raids and gen stores/situations involving hostages. 

Edited by Tai Lopez

+Support

I legit was thinking about putting this on suggestion because even with 1 lane blocked off people still minge, and even if this gets denied it should be if its a dead end u can block off the whole road

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

6 hours ago, K1LLER said:

+Support

I legit was thinking about putting this on suggestion because even with 1 lane blocked off people still minge, and even if this gets denied it should be if its a dead end u can block off the whole road

Than where would the other players go to get home?

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

2 hours ago, Hannah said:

They could go around. There are multiple roads that lead to every part of the city. They don’t need to just take the road by the bank or gen store. And if it’s a dead end, oh well they would have to wait outside the perimeter until the situation is over. That’s what would happen IRL.

Edited by Tai Lopez

They would take a different route. Regardless -Support from me

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

-support reasons above 

Ex - CWRP Admin Alpha| Ex - Clone General Alpha| 

"All of you chumps are gonna bow, when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked...But the man's in trouble. I'mma show YOU how GREAT I AM!" -Muhammad Ali

+Support

31 minutes ago, Tai Lopez said:

They could go around. There are multiple roads that lead to every part of the city. They don’t need to just take the road by the bank or gen store. And if it’s a dead end, oh well they would have to wait outside the perimeter until the situation is over. That’s what would happen IRL.

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

I mean its not the most realistic but it is the most practical.

If you block of all lanes, cars will keep honking, annoy you and other officers. Its more work to keep both closed and its not needed for the general flow of trafic.

Its fine like it is now.

- Support

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

22 minutes ago, Freeze said:

If you block of all lanes, cars will keep honking, annoy you and other officers. Its more work to keep both closed and its not needed for the general flow of trafic.

Its fine like it is now.

- Support

I disagree. Cars are a big annoyance/distraction even with only one lane blocked. If both lanes are blocked off, I agree cars will probably still be a nuisance, but at least it will be redirected away from the scene.

Edited by Tai Lopez

18 hours ago, Freeze said:

Its fine like it is now.

- Support

Need I remind you guys that we are a "semi-serious" RP server. blocking off both lanes is unrealistic, however, in real life, bullets can go through walls/windows/doors/etc. while in-game, they do not. If IRL bullets stopped as soon as they hit something like they do in video games, I imagine traffic control during major crimes would change drastically.

Edited by ViperKimg

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

1 minute ago, ViperKimg said:

Need I remind you guys that we are a "semi-serious" RP server. blocking off both lanes is unrealistic, however, in real life, bullets can go through walls/windows/doors/etc. while in-game, they do not. If IRL bullets stopped as soon as they hit something like they do in video games, I imagine traffic control during major crimes would change drastically.

1 minute ago, ViperKimg said:

Its fine like it is now.

- Support

+/- Support

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 3/22/2020 at 3:06 AM, K1LLER said:

+Support

+Support

PD need more respect and more abilities to do their jobs freely without mingey behavior or numerous distractions. It can be challenging enough securing a perimeter for a hostage bank raid, but with cars constantly ramming your cruiser its a little ridiculous! I highly support. 

On 3/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, K1LLER said:

+Support

This would be great! There are alternative routes to take!

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

• Head Admin

-Support

While I understand that you want to be able to block off the road (to offer more RP and such), it will in turn create a lot of traffic and more chaos for PD and other units on scene to deal with.

Forklift_Signature.png

On 3/27/2020 at 1:01 PM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

-Support

While I understand that you want to be able to block off the road (to offer more RP and such), it will in turn create a lot of traffic and more chaos for PD and other units on scene to deal with.

no thanks -support 

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, Freeze said:

Its fine like it is now.

- Support

-support

What about EMS? Fancy letting someone die? 

What if a officer is being held hostage or being shot at? Holding back support that could save their life

What if someone doesn't see the roadblock and drives into it accidently? Got a crime scene and possibly a fatal crash to deal with now aswell...

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

You guys are acting like blocking off one or two roads will immediately cause the worst traffic jam in history and cut off access to all parts of the city. In all likelihood cars would probably decide to not waste their time and take an alternate route. And if they decide to minge than at least it won’t be right in front of the scene.

Edited by Tai Lopez

On 3/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, Sion said:

-support

What about EMS? Fancy letting someone die? 

What if a officer is being held hostage or being shot at? Holding back support that could save their life

What if someone doesn't see the roadblock and drives into it accidently? Got a crime scene and possibly a fatal crash to deal with now aswell...

+ Support u would do this in real life situations etc

1. well I'm pretty sure if EMS arrives on scene and the roadblock has stopped them they could either be let in by a PD moving the barrier for them to get in to park there or park up on the side of the road half on pathway and half on road n being allowed to simply go past the barriers that are on the road etc

2. With all due respect but it wouldn't be hard to see the barriers and the road being blocked off and with multiple government vehicles in a area with possible some of their lights left on and your coming towards the situation from a distance surely wouldn't be hard to NOTICE or Miss IT oof lol aha but yeah aha

Edited by Ecott

BCSO Sheriff | DF Commander Gaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator