GOC - GOI (SOP MADE) - Denied

NetworkParadox

What you want to see? - The Global Occult Coalition (GOC)

See google document for specific information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1188k1ToWWCbNuP9VbRmzYDRbN-_Zom21OD33nJDrDHw/edit?usp=sharing

Why should we add it? - I heard a new branch was wanted in the server. I think the GOC would be a perfect fit. Rather than being a branch that simply wants to raid and cause Defcon 1s, the GOC is able to be friends or foes to the Foundation depending on RP agreements made with each party. This adds more RP for everyone in the server, even Class-D!

What are the advantages of having this? - This adds More Roleplay opportunities for every player, including SCPs, MTF, Security, even Class-D! Read the SOP to see why.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Links to any content -  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1188k1ToWWCbNuP9VbRmzYDRbN-_Zom21OD33nJDrDHw/edit?usp=sharing [ALL MODELS, ARMOR, AND HP STUFF ARE IN THERE. ALSO THE ENTIRE SOP I MADE.]

-support

I think we should leave SOPs to the branch leaders and SA, though you may have stuff in there GOI/GOC may use there's no reason for a Global SOP.
There's also the issue of who would get edit access and who would update these.

Not necessary 

Also if you want to be a part of editing a new branch wait for it to actually get on the server then apply! You may get accepted then you can make these changes, not a suggestion.

insert cliched signature 

22 minutes ago, starr said:

-support

I think we should leave SOPs to the branch leaders and SA, though you may have stuff in there GOI/GOC may use there's no reason for a Global SOP.

Not necessary 

Also if you want to be a part of editing a new branch wait for it to actually get on the server then apply! You may get accepted then you can make these changes, not a suggestion.

I'm confused, you -supported a suggestion because I made the SOP for it instead of someone else?

I made the SOP so people can have a full idea of what GOC would be like to provide the best RP possible.  Instead of just another "shoot kill then ask questions later" group, I made GOC. I heard Igneous wanted a new branch/GOI on the server, and I think GOC would be a perfect  fit.

7 minutes ago, starr said:

@NetworkParadox No I -supported cause there's no need for a suggestion for an SOP

You are better off finding a GOC and making a suggestion to add them to the server, and SOP would be made by branch leaders not a suggestion.

This is a suggestion to add GOC... the SOP has all the models, health, and what they do in there.......

@NetworkParadox no no, like GOC is a group, different people, ranks, tasks, locations, and operations. It's a little more difficult than a GOI because it's less specific, and the SOP doesn't near scratch the surface of all the different stuff they do and what they would if they were in the server (besides just raiding). I like the ranks but like make a whole branch and division of the GOC do you understand?

Adding just "GOC" would be an entirely new Foundation but on surface. 

Like make it into a travelling group or station at one of the town buildings.

insert cliched signature 

2 minutes ago, starr said:

@NetworkParadox no no, like GOC is a group, different people, ranks, tasks, locations, and operations. It's a little more difficult than a GOI because it's less specific, and the SOP doesn't near scratch the surface of all the different stuff they do and what they would if they were in the server (besides just raiding). I like the ranks but like make a whole branch and division of the GOC do you understand?

All C.I does is raid and raid and raid all day long, people seem OK with that. GOC can do tests with the Foundation to terminate SCPs, GOC can capture SCPs to terminate them and do big tests on the surface. There's not much else I can add to it viable in the server.

@NetworkParadox Yeah but you can do a lot with GOC, I mean like a lot, they can attack practically anyone. They have potential to cause an issue for all sides because their main mission is terminating SCPs right? So say 999 gets on surface or CI capture 173 and GOC catch wind of this, they can attack those people. So making a whole area for a GOC station is a little unrealistic.

Also CI isn't all raiding they have sub divisions to prove that, but there is more you can do you just have to add a little more to it, possible surface roaming SCP's (or SCP's in general), small groups of GOI's or stuff to work with them in general.

GOC is more of an end goal IMO

insert cliched signature 

1 minute ago, starr said:

@NetworkParadox Yeah but you can do a lot with GOC, I mean like a lot, they can attack practically anyone. They have potential to cause an issue for all sides because their main mission is terminating SCPs right? So say 999 gets on surface or CI capture 173 and GOC catch wind of this, they can attack those people. So making a whole area for a GOC station is a little unrealistic.

Also CI isn't all raiding they have sub divisions to prove that, but there is more you can do you just have to add a little more to it, possible surface roaming SCP's (or SCP's in general), small groups of GOI's or stuff to work with them in general.

You haven't even read the SOP have you? They don't want to capture SCP-999, CI and GOC can come to an understanding as well. GOC is a neutral party, and just want humanities safety

-/+support

I do like having 3 factions so then you see pacts between commanders and it adds in a more realistic diplomacy, but one of my issues is space. CI has already taken over the entire town, where would the GOC go? Also, there would need to be rules about fighting because the GOC and CI in lore are enemies (unless they’re working together against a common enemy) so then you run the risk of them just gunning each other down on the streets. You need to now add rules about when they’re allowed to fight etc. I also see an issue with recruiting members because how do you then sustain this branch for each sides if you recruit in the same way. 

Raids against the foundation:

If this were to be added I think that both sides would need to have a cool down on their raids that was a global cool down, and they cannot raid together without permission from HCMD of each branch working out a deal. My model for this would be having a /goi comm that you announce raids over and then that’s when the raid cool down officially starts. 

Moving onto what I like:

As I said, I like the idea of having this new found diplomacy, but I also like this because now it gives a purpose to CI patrols. This will motivate members of both factions to be involved. 

Good luck

CI CPT October/Ret. CI CMDR

(Edit): after reading your SOP more in depth I struggle to see how you would recruit members since you don’t pull from D-Class. Would you treat it like GENSEC/security and have a RCT/Trainee class? If so I think that would hurt CI because it’s now much harder to join. This is not something I support 😞

Edited by October

7 hours ago, starr said:

-support

Not necessary 

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

-Support, another GOI just isn't needed.

Also, Lorewise the GOC is rarely friendly with the Foundation, and even less so with CI.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 3/22/2020 at 2:43 AM, starr said:

GOC is more of an end goal IMO

On 3/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, Falxen said:

-Support, another GOI just isn't needed.

Also, Lorewise the GOC is rarely friendly with the Foundation, and even less so with CI.

It would add a lot of confusion in my opinion so it’s gonna be -Support from me 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

Yeah sorry but to be completely honest, I've been thinking more about another GOI after people have been suggesting them, and I've determined along with the other SMT that us adding in another GOI right now wouldn't be overall beneficial to the server as it currently stands.

big cat running GIF