Command Applications - Denied

Adams

What you want to see? - ALLOW COMMAND TO PROMOTE THEIR APPLICATIONS!!

Why should we add it? - This is literally one of the dumbest rules on GL in my opinion. If you want to become a member of PD command, I expect you to get out and show people why you are fit for command. If you were running for mayor of your town would you put 1 flyer up on a board in the middle of town and hope that people see it before election? No, you get out there and say "Vote for me, here's why!" Now, with this, there would obviously be some restrictions, (No spamming links to your application in game or on Discord. In fact, if it were me I would create a Discord channel specifically for posting application links. A channel that someone could post in ONCE so that all PD can see.) I have seen people get denied because the post there application link in a different GL Discord. I don't think that is fair, if you want something, I think you need to work for it, and that means getting the word out that you are even trying to get into low command. 

What are the advantages of having this? - More responses for high command to make decisions, More forum activity (Which is always good.), people don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for enough people to reply for HC to make the call.

Who is it mainly for? - Sergeant Majors/Low Command members

Links to any content - N/A

• Like 1

821676217_DepComm.png.3402eedfdd021c7600f3e857732712d6.png

+Support 

As Adams stated it makes sense we should be allowed to promote our applications. A lot of people don't go to the promotions section for various reasons so most people don't get to see it. The whole point of command applications is so the community can give their input on that person. If most of the community doesn't go to the promotions section then we don't get all of the reasons why that person should get it or not.

• Like 1

Major support + 

To get more responses from more people would be a great thing

you can get more opinions

Let’s say  you have five people that don’t like you and support - your app. but all the people who do like you they never end up seeing App so they only see the bad and not the good 

please make this a thing 

CPT Tayson Terry 1L27

779036469_Untitled(2)(1).jpg.5431f75bf4135d44f145364909724f83.jpg

3 hours ago, Blitzton said:

+ Support

• Like 1

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

+Support

I feel that there should be a designated channel because some people may want to put their opinion on some people’s applications but they might not have known that its up due to them maybe not being as active on the forums.

• Like 1

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

1 minute ago, Jayden said:

+Support

It makes sense and would help out the application process.

• Like 1

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

• Head Admin

+/- Support

While I do agree this will help with HC making decisions, I can also see it as a way or form of advertisement that some people may not want to see in their DM's or flooded in a channel. I could only imagine the reason why this rule is in place is because of that very reason (and because it doesn't seem "professional" in the eyes of others.

Edited by Will (WTLM2013)

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

I'd be fine with you saying it to people but I dont need to see if I drive/walk somewhere see a huge advertisement sign.

Promoting yourself is literally being on PD already.

Enough people look at the PD command apps and leave a opinion so more attention and to what extent do you need it?

Your not running for president, your wanting to be a next rank.

- Support

Also once again,

Leave a reason/argument for your + Support

Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

25 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I'd be fine with you saying it to people but I dont need to see if I drive/walk somewhere see a huge advertisement sign.

Enough people look at the PD command apps and leave a opinion so more attention

- Support

That bald Aussie Guy

+/-Support
Although it would be helpful in terms of getting more community feedback on the application, it may lead to bias and for people who have very little interactions with the person to post opinions based off what others see.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On 3/21/2020 at 2:03 PM, Freeze said:

Enough people look at the PD command apps and leave a opinion so more attention and to what extent do you need it?

- Support

Also once again,

Yeah I agree with you but I feel there should be a channel in the official PD Discord where you can post a link to your application once and then that's it

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

On 3/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, SpadeH said:

+Support 

As Adams stated it makes sense we should be allowed to promote our applications. A lot of people don't go to the promotions section for various reasons so most people don't get to see it. The whole point of command applications is so the community can give their input on that person. If most of the community doesn't go to the promotions section then we don't get all of the reasons why that person should get it or not.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:03 AM, Freeze said:

- Support

Also once again,

- support 

Its gonna become plus support me 

hey plus support me

hey plus support me 

hey please plus support me

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss