Anderson Robotics GOI - Denied

GLaDOS

1 hour ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

Part 1: This would kill off CI splitting numbers in half if not lower. The second command apps are released all of CI command and some high NCO's will be applying for higher ranks than their current ones delivering a hurtful blow to CI numbers. After a week all would be new CI members would be joining robotics as that's where the new command would be spending their time further hurting CI.

Part 2: Raids towards the founding would be chaotic with one branch Raiding after each other and further arguing in which branch is going to raid first.

#1. There are a couple solutions I see to this: 

1. We make it a donator branch, like how E11 is, bronze+
  2. We make a Recruit Job, so people/donators (#1) can just flag up and get trained.
  3. We continue to do D-Class

#2. I thought we were all mature and able to reason with each other. Also, the raid timers will need to be changed with further input from SMT, so there will be a balance.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

17 minutes ago, Bread said:

Why would people want to join CI if you did any of those

#1. A lot of people aren't donators.
#2. If they weren't, the first while of it being active would primarily be Applications.
#3. Because CI is much better and more reliable.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head

- / + Support:
+ Support: Love the idea of adding a new branch. 
- Support: It’s literally the same as CI, just with different ranks and goals.

Proposal / Idea: Adopt similar mechanics to “CI Sleth”

*How about instead of having a Factory or base outside the surface which will definitely collide with CI, we let them spawn in either LCZ or HCZ. Similar to how Anderson Robotics are already inside the SCP, and pretending to be foundation staff.

*Instead of having them plan or do raids against the foundation, we can have them oppose us in a more passive manner. For example giving D-class equipment in secret, “fixing” containment cells, developing machines to “assist” people and basically spying on everyone. Doing this, can also create RP opportunities as MTF can investigate, capture and interrogate.

*We can also pretend the Anderson Robotics, are like a hybrid of Researchers/Technicians, separating them from each branch. But in a way, making them apart of the foundation. Similar to how the foundation, once had control over Prometheus Labs. As by doing this, we’ll be sure to have the branch actually be active, rather than only be active when raiding similar to CI.

* We should also add some more branches to seperate it from the CI, like adding:

= Engineering: Fix or Create Technology

= Robotics: Follow orders, and having different types of robots. Such as robots who clean, guard or assist research. 
    = We can also add a sub branch of sentient machines

= Infiltration: Focus on spying and learning about the higher ups, including who is O5.

= Agents: Assaulting, retrieving and removing traces of AR mistakes.

*Lastly adding SCP 1330 and 3860 would make this branch even better, especially for role play.

Edited by Felwinter
  • Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

@Felwinter,

I loved reading every second of this post, I wish to work on this idea with you more and edit this post. I'm going to be in TeamSpeak, In-game and on discord today. Poke me in TS, speak to me in game or please add me on discord GLaDOS#0795. Thanks for posting this because I think more of a passive GOI rather than 100% hostile would do us good.

Edited by GLaDOS

you know this would be a perfect example of a mtf that actually raids a place

Mobile Task Force Gamma-13 specializes in the investigation, tracking, and apprehension of anomalous objects, persons, and entities associated with GoI-1115 (Anderson Robotics). This includes identification of Anderson customers, the location of Anderson products, and conduction of raids on Anderson offices. Gamma-13 was involved in the initial containment of SCP-2306 and SCP-2806 as well as the ongoing containment of SCP-2906.

image.thumb.png.4e8d00be8a27fe958d24fc8c2de04c0e.png

btw people who saying that anderson woudnt have many people on it or it would die down that kinda makes it better from the scp wiki:That Small Company Feel
As stated earlier in this hub, Anderson Robotics only has a few hundred employees at most, making it a smaller company than a massive software giant or computer manufacturer. This makes the company rather nimble, but the smaller manpower also makes them vulnerable.

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

Quick Update!

During this time, I've been working on a starting SOP.

Note: This SOP is subject to change by the SMT or High Command should it get implemented.

SOP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdiRSEipK25FlBe1ENPREtr6jIgzcrB4KwI6p5Myxy4/edit?usp=sharing

ok, while i like this idea there are some changes i would like to see made so it isn’t “ci but robot”

1. Their primary fighting force is robots, not humans

2. These robots would be able to be fearrped and have info downloaded if MTF succeeded in rolls.

3. There would be humans that worked for the company, and control the robots completely, so in RP the robots are being remotely controlled by a human so they won’t be completely lifeless

4. They would kill all class D and foundation personnel, when raiding they will be given the option to download info from the foundation or take technology.

5. There would be a group called the Robotics Team, and they do tests with stolen foundation tech to use it to improve the robots.

6. The group would have no interest in SCPs or CI, and can chose to do a non hostile raid where they negotiate to get a captured robot back

7. There would be two types of robots that raid, hackers and soldiers, hackers would have no weapons besides keypad crackers and would have info the foundation wants, they will also be 100% A.I with no humans controlling them, soldiers would be humans-controlled robots with firearms and they would be the militarized force.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

23 minutes ago, Samm said:

ok, while i like this idea there are some changes i would like to see made so it isn’t “ci but robot”

1. Their primary fighting force is robots, not humans

2. These robots would be able to be fearrped and have info downloaded if MTF succeeded in rolls.

3. There would be humans that worked for the company, and control the robots completely, so in RP the robots are being remotely controlled by a human so they won’t be completely lifeless

4. They would kill all class D and foundation personnel, when raiding they will be given the option to download info from the foundation or take technology.

5. There would be a group called the Robotics Team, and they do tests with stolen foundation tech to use it to improve the robots.

6. The group would have no interest in SCPs or CI, and can chose to do a non hostile raid where they negotiate to get a captured robot back

7. There would be two types of robots that raid, hackers and soldiers, hackers would have no weapons besides keypad crackers and would have info the foundation wants, they will also be 100% A.I with no humans controlling them, soldiers would be humans-controlled robots with firearms and they would be the militarized force.

Most of these are either, already implemented or just implemented but no specified. However, I REALLY like Number 6 and 7, these could have potential with this and I will suggest these should this idea get implemented.

It’s basically Ci but they raid for non existent things xD 

We already have enough branches and sub parts in each branch and this would just split the player base, mostly in CI

-Support 

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 3/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, Felwinter said:

- / + Support:
+ Support: Love the idea of adding a new branch. 
- Support: It’s literally the same as CI, just with different ranks and goals.

Proposal / Idea: Adopt similar mechanics to “CI Sleth”

*How about instead of having a Factory or base outside the surface which will definitely collide with CI, we let them spawn in either LCZ or HCZ. Similar to how Anderson Robotics are already inside the SCP, and pretending to be foundation staff.

*Instead of having them plan or do raids against the foundation, we can have them oppose us in a more passive manner. For example giving D-class equipment in secret, “fixing” containment cells, developing machines to “assist” people and basically spying on everyone. Doing this, can also create RP opportunities as MTF can investigate, capture and interrogate.

*We can also pretend the Anderson Robotics, are like a hybrid of Researchers/Technicians, separating them from each branch. But in a way, making them apart of the foundation. Similar to how the foundation, once had control over Prometheus Labs. As by doing this, we’ll be sure to have the branch actually be active, rather than only be active when raiding similar to CI.

* We should also add some more branches to seperate it from the CI, like adding:

= Engineering: Fix or Create Technology

= Robotics: Follow orders, and having different types of robots. Such as robots who clean, guard or assist research. 
    = We can also add a sub branch of sentient machines

= Infiltration: Focus on spying and learning about the higher ups, including who is O5.

= Agents: Assaulting, retrieving and removing traces of AR mistakes.

*Lastly adding SCP 1330 and 3860 would make this branch even better, especially for role play.

I already +supported this thread, but I came back and saw this and I love it even more now. Hope it becomes a reality, and if it does, save me a slot cuz I am JOINING!

On 3/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, GLaDOS said:

#1. There are a couple solutions I see to this: 

1. We make it a donator branch, like how E11 is, bronze+
  2. We make a Recruit Job, so people/donators (#1) can just flag up and get trained.
  3. We continue to do D-Class

#2. I thought we were all mature and able to reason with each other. Also, the raid timers will need to be changed with further input from SMT, so there will be a balance.

So it’s basically E11 but CI

no 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 3/30/2020 at 4:25 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

It’s basically Ci but they raid for non existent things xD 

We already have enough branches and sub parts in each branch and this would just split the player base, mostly in CI

-Support 

#1. CI and A1 both raid for invisible things as an option, that is an option to raid for, this is a passive GOI so no its NOT CI its a different and new experience.

#2. "We already have enough branches and sub parts in each branch and this would just split the player base, mostly in CI"
Dont forget that Igneous himself requested for me to do this, meaning that he is willing to add another one, thus yes we could have enough. But why not keep moving forward?

#3. I don't understand how you got the impression that it was E11 but CI, I used E11 as an example.

Conclusion: Instead of just shutting it down with every excuse you can find, please put more time into what people see here and what I did here. An opportunity for more and better Roleplay Experiences, not just some branch that is a GOI. Because you can say that "Its just CI but not" about the 31 other GOI's the wiki has. 

Note: This should not be taken as hostility, I was trying to share my thoughts and opinion on this matter, everyone is allowed their own opinion so please just read this and consider what I have said. Thats all I can ask 🙂

Thanks for Reading and Have a Good Day! 

Edited by GLaDOS

+ Support

I think a second antagonist group would be a really cool addition to the server, it would provide more roleplay and give greater meaning to the surface. However, there are a few things that could be problematic:

1. That recruitment system is very unrealistic, class D rarely make it to the surface. Small aspect though.

2. This could take players from Chaos Insurgency, spreading the player base too thin. Perhaps, there would be enough active members to make both branches work.

3. Raids would be VERY difficult to coordinate in the manner proposed. Likely, CI and this branch would argue over who's turn it is to raid the site.

If this branch is added I would defiantly make the server more unique; to my knowledge no other SCPRP server has an Anderson Robotics branch. The worst that can happen is the branch causes conflict or dies out and can be removed. Its worth a shot! 

P.S. Nice video 😉 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Where do i sign up?
This suggestion gives Technical more RP value, The only technical staff that are captured are Head of technical and sometimes Deputy Head Of Technical, This makes technical more then just target practice for non-foundation groups.
For the raiding system, I think it should be either group can start a raid every 10 minutes, After the first raid called ends the other group is able to raid 5 minutes after the raid, Just enough time for MTF/RCF to clear the site from most threats.
Since two groups are sharing raids, The highest ranking on after all units inside are killed or captured they can do advert (OOC) All units in (Group) Have been terminated. The info should not be used for RP value apart from the other GIO group starting their timer.

I dont under stand what you mean by Engineers will build the????

CI and GOI would constantly be at each other's throats over the raid timer. This would be made worse do to their close proximity to each other.

CI and E11 already had this problem with the old old very old Charlie 5 (the one before the thumper) and that caused a lot of bad feelings between the two branches, having these to branches next door to each other and having them fight over raid time and over who controls the town would be toxic shit.

(E11 would probably have a good laugh from on top of the Mountain though)

Another problem would be the foundation research it's bad enough having CI raiding and causing defcon 2s all the time and stealing the few SCPs that are online. Doubling this factor would do greater harm to the branch.

The only way this could work at all would be to turn CI into the GOI and removing CI

Which could be fun.

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

Yeah sorry but to be completely honest, I've been thinking more about another GOI after people have been suggesting them, and I've determined along with the other SMT that us adding in another GOI right now wouldn't be overall beneficial to the server as it currently stands.

HOWEVER (And yes this is a big however)

I do overall like this idea. However just because I like the idea, doesn't mean it will work in how the server currently operates. In the event that we decide it is time to add another GOI, I will most likely bring this suggestion back up. It seems that you hashed out a good amount of the issues found within it, and I appreciate that a lot. This was a VERY good suggestion, with tons of effort and feedback from the community. It's just not what the server currently needs in my opinion. Again though, maybe a little bit further down the line I will re-evaluate this 😉

big cat running GIF