Anderson Robotics GOI - Denied

GLaDOS

2 hours ago, Bread said:

Although this is a good suggestion, the server has enough branches as is.

Igneous requested Anderson Robotics, 
+support reasons above

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

2 hours ago, Bionicle said:

+support, i like this, but there looks like there is a bit too much ranks 

btw  i would join this for a second life so fast

BTW anderson robotics is a neutral goi and i think it could work like ci and mtf can both request stuff and pay money and Anderson makes it like droids (Played by actual people) who do things for ci/mtf whoever owns them

this is from the offical scp wiki:A theme of all of Anderson's Robotics actions against the SCP Foundation is that they have always been in retaliation, and usually with the goal of recovering apprehended employees or captured products. After all, there is little money in attacking the Foundation unprovoked, and a direct fight with the SCPF is one that AR would lose. Badly.

they dont actually fight the foundation they just retaliate when they take stuff and try not to pay for it

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

Just now, Illager, Director of Memes said:

After all, who DOESN'T want to be a cool-ass robotic death machine?

your not wrong at all i would love a badass robot

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

9 minutes ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

+Support, dunno when we last added a new branch. This could breathe new life and maybe even convince more d-class to join branches. After all, who DOESN'T want to be a cool-ass robotic death machine?

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

-Support
I dislike the idea of an entirely different branch that sums up to be
Shiny CI with voice changers that raid for non-existent items

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+support if this gets added I'm leaving CI to join the military and join the engineering branch.

Edited by Son
God damnit I wanted to just be in engineering and not fight to the position.

ImpRP

Retired Marshall

SCPRP

Retired Foundation Doctor

Just some negative things I personally see.

7 hours ago, GLaDOS said:

Raids: Per the request of Rangitea, when raiding the cooldown timer would be different and coordinated between GOIs, if CI just finished raiding, there should be a 10-20 minute cooldown timer in between raids. The simple fix to this is having a shorter "in-between" timer, like 15 minutes. If the timer was 15 minutes Anderson Robotics could raid and CIs cooldown timer wouldn't even be up yet, leaving each GOI breathing room to conduct coordinated raids.

I don't really like this, as raiding is kind of CIs thing, and that shouldn't be taken away from us/made not special.

Recruitment: The recruitment will be mainly D-Class, by means of escape or raids, they can choose to be trained for either Engineering or Robotic Operations. Should they choose Engineering, they will be trained on their duties and expectations, creating robots, logging robotic anomalies, etc. Should they choose Robotic Operations, this will result in an OOC Player Kill because there is no realistic way to make a human into a robot, they will simply be PK'd as a D-Class and begin a new Life in ARs Robotic Operations, simply because they escaped and got whitelisted. I see an alternate form of recruitment as well, should Technicians be captured and brought to the ARs base they can choose an option, have their IDs stripped and used and killed normally or, be PK'd in Technical to get into Engineering DPT. 

I don't think D class should be a way to recruit, because that just takes away CI's main form of recruitment.

Building: Northern Petrol/Yellow Factory
The following are some photos I've taken around the building, to help you envision how it would look and function.

CI use killhouse for PTs, and it's kind of an important building. Maybe the Big red warehouse, or the building across the road from it.

Relations With Other Branches: Obviously Anderson Robotics is hostile towards the foundation, this section is specific to Anderson Robotics and Chaos Insurgency. During a raid: Chaos and AR do not have to be hostile towards each other, however, if the other party preventing the other from their goal in any way they can engage the other. When there is no active raid and/or they're on the surface they should not be engaging each other unless there is a valid reason.

Maybe CI could pay AR to make a robot to use on raids [?]

Other than that, there is nothing i can really think of that takes away from this, so I'll give it a 

+/- Support.

To begin with this will be a VERY small branch, it will be taken slow. For the time being there will really be no "stealing from CI" if it becomes to much a problem we can possibly find an alternative recruitment method if necessary.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

-Support, for a few reasons
First, Player amounts, this would cause issue's for CI, as this would split up the "Antagonist" Playerbase into 2, instead of just 1, which would be bad for CI.

Second, Balance, 2 raiding parties can be very OP against MTF, as they would have to be worried about 2 raiding parties, and as of current just CI is  already hard to manage for MTF.

Third, Events. This would semi-effectively bar ET from making proper AR Events, as, well, there is an actual AR now.

Fourth and last, just overall usefullness, this really just sounds like CI with extra steps for me, so there is just no point in it IMO, other then to add some new and flashy branch that will likely die out over a few weeks anyways as CI will probably be better managed.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 hours ago, Falxen said:

Third, Events. This would semi-effectively bar ET from making proper AR Events, as, well, there is an actual AR now.

There are 31 other GOI's listed on the SCP wiki besides Anderson Robotics and Chaos Insurgents. I'm sure you could figure something out.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Interesting, but -support. As hoovy said there are loads other GOI’s. You could chose something more original.

Igneous said he wanted to see it in more detail on how it would work. He didn’t say it work 100% get accepted. 
I just don’t think it’s the best GOI to use there are way better ones out there.

@Breen

ye I knew he was talking to the et member but He brought up the point the there are more GOI’s out there. 

Edited by Max Holland

59 minutes ago, Max Holland said:

Interesting, but -support. As hoovy said there are loads other GOI’s. You could chose something more original.

You are missing something though, Igneous himself requested that I make an Anderson Robotics post...

spacer.png

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head

4 hours ago, Falxen said:

First, Player amounts, this would cause issue's for CI, as this would split up the "Antagonist" Playerbase into 2, instead of just 1, which would be bad for CI.

Second, Balance, 2 raiding parties can be very OP against MTF, as they would have to be worried about 2 raiding parties, and as of current just CI is  already hard to manage for MTF.

Fourth and last, just overall usefullness, this really just sounds like CI with extra steps for me, so there is just no point in it IMO, other then to add some new and flashy branch that will likely die out over a few weeks anyways as CI will probably be better managed.

#1. I've already talked to Skela about this, he thinks it's an Amazing idea, also personally, I don't think it would affect CIs player count as much as you make it be. As this would be a SUPER small branch to start with and the only recruitment method I see working within the first couple weeks to a month would be forums applications anyway. I have started brainstorming alternate methods of recruitment as well so that will change if the demand arises.

#2. The raiding system will be coordinated and fair for everyone, including Foundation, because Anderson Robotics being Semi-neutral in the lore, to begin with, they are willing to work with people provided they work with them. So we might even be able to access CI comms to help coordinate raids better, if not there is always direct comms "[AR>CI]". I was thinking either A, 20-minute cooldown timer for the branch who raids and a 15-minute cooldown timer for raiding the foundation, so that would leave a 5-minute window for either opposite GOI to raid, and BTW I don't see back-to-back raiding happening constantly either so It would be slower than this too. Now B, we increase everyone's timer to 25 minutes cooldown, which people aren't going to like but its for balance issues.

#3. Like Hoovy said, "there are 31 listed GOIs on the Wiki other than Anderson Robotics and Chaos Insurgents".

#4. The "extra steps" are what's going to make it fun, I'm seeing a bigger picture here. Should this get implemented I see a thriving new branch with better and unique experiences that Chaos Insurgency can't offer. The small picture here is hard work, dedication, and change, if we play our cards right and this gets implemented it would be huge. Plus when people start hearing about a new branch, an immediate spike in player count and excitement is to be expected.

Edited by GLaDOS

-Support

Part 1: This would kill off CI splitting numbers in half if not lower. The second command apps are released all of CI command and some high NCO's will be applying for higher ranks than their current ones delivering a hurtful blow to CI numbers. After a week all would be new CI members would be joining robotics as that's where the new command would be spending their time further hurting CI.

Part 2: Raids towards the founding would be chaotic with one branch Raiding after each other and further arguing in which branch is going to raid first.

2 hours ago, Max Holland said:

hoovy was talking to the et member that said this would kill off events lmao. that's why he quoted him

gog

6 hours ago, Falxen said: