Questions about Custom Jobs

G4M3R

So, I plan on getting a custom job in the far off future and have some questions concerning them after doing some research.

1) I noticed that the additional cost pays for the job to be CI/MTF/Security. I couldn't find any information on research jobs. Does this mean you're unable to have a research position as a custom job?

2) Concerning the player model, let's say I can't find what I'm aiming for in the workshop. Is there a way to just request that an already existing player model on the server be recolored, or if I could get advice on how to do that myself?

8 minutes ago, G4M3R said:

1) I noticed that the additional cost pays for the job to be CI/MTF/Security. I couldn't find any information on research jobs. Does this mean you're unable to have a research position as a custom job?

I believe you can, but you would have to pay the 50 extra.

8 minutes ago, G4M3R said:

Concerning the player model, let's say I can't find what I'm aiming for in the workshop. Is there a way to just request that an already existing player model on the server be recolored, or if I could get advice on how to do that myself?

Not exactly. If you want to have a playermodel that is already on the server, then that is allowed, but they cant recolor it or anything like that without it being a different model as a whole.

hope that helps!

4 hours ago, Bionicle said:

I believe you can, but you would have to pay the 50 extra.

Not exactly. If you want to have a playermodel that is already on the server, then that is allowed, but they cant recolor it or anything like that without it being a different model as a whole.

hope that helps!

I will correct you on some. 
You don't have to pay the $50. Because it's not a weapon/tactical branch. You should only be doing research stuff and using weapons as the Research SOP states. 

If you want a pm on the server already you can.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Advanced issue found

😐

5 hours ago, G4M3R said:

We dont do research or utility CC's 

Last CC that was research (and was the ONLY research CC) was only used to minge around because the player thought they couldnt be punished.

• Thanks 1

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

On 3/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, Rangiatea said:

We dont do research or utility CC's 

Last CC that was research (and was the ONLY research CC) was only used to minge around because the player thought they couldnt be punished.

I see that being understandable, but couldn't that kind of event be applied to any custom job? I feel an MTF job could also have someone feeling as though they can't be punished. Could Research CC's be added back, but with an additional cost or something given the potential clearance and whatnot? There could also be rank limitations applied so that only people of a certain rank already within the Research branch can apply for that custom job. 

I understand if that can't be done, I'm just bummed the entire possibility of a Research CC is ruined because one person decided to minge on it.

Why not utility CCs? The only two I know of are Baguettes and H.L.P.R Bot which aren't mingey jobs. However I do understand the research one because I remember that.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

• Bread locked this topic