False warn appeal- Accepted

soulness

Your In-game: soulness 

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:154303439

The admin's name in-game: Jay 

The admin's steam name (If you know it): N/A 

What warning did you receive: RDA 

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):2130708879_ScreenShot2020-03-17at7_41_56PM.png.bca635cb3dd141e2c5d0282f565e3ff7.png

Why do you think this warn was false: This is a false warning because I DETAINED assault who was on a scene of a crime and was not in his home during martial law. There were also 2 people getting revived by ems that told me assault had a class 3 weapon on him. I searched him and funny enough he did. He then argues in the sit that it's RDA because in the MOTD it doesn't say you're allowed to arrest someone for being outside during martial law. However, in the MOTD it does not say you're not allowed to arrest someone during martial law for being outside.

Any extra information: N/A 

-Support

In the MOTD under the martial law section it does not say you have to be inside of a building for the 30 mins while its up and the red bar at the top does not say return to your homes thats what the lockdown procedure is for. I said "What are you going to do arrest me for being homeless" and started to run away back to town (we were at white house) because I had no car. Then you taze me in the back and I thought it was detaining and you searched and arrested me for a class 3 firearm but you had no right whats so ever to search me in the first place. IRL if you were to do that you would get put on administrative leave with probably no pay for unnecessary use of force and police brutality. You said 2 people ran up to you and said I had a gun but you had no evidence and you need evidence in order to properly search someone legally and you didn't get consent or anything from me to search and you illegally detained me.

So the RDA warn in my opinion is completely necessary.

10 minutes ago, Assault said:

-Support

In the MOTD under the martial law section it does not say you have to be inside of a building for the 30 mins while its up and the red bar at the top does not say return to your homes thats what the lockdown procedure is for. I said "What are you going to do arrest me for being homeless" and started to run away back to town (we were at white house) because I had no car. Then you taze me in the back and I thought it was detaining and you searched and arrested me for a class 3 firearm but you had no right whats so ever to search me in the first place. IRL if you were to do that you would get put on administrative leave with probably no pay for unnecessary use of force and police brutality. You said 2 people ran up to you and said I had a gun but you had no evidence and you need evidence in order to properly search someone legally and you didn't get consent or anything from me to search and you illegally detained me.

This is correct, although punishments vary per department

Him being searched without probable cause goes against the fourth amendment, unless consented to. In this case, there does not appear to be any consent. Him being outside does not give him probable cause to search him.

Although circumstances vary, it appears this was not the correct way to go.

see also: good faith | fourth amendmentTerry vs. Ohio

+ Support. Following the PD handbook. Didn't do RDA

In the PD guide, it says that people are AOS if they are no returning home. 

All units must have code 2 lights on and make sure all citizens are returning home or they are AOS

- shorturl.at/eqwPZ (Link to the PD guide) 

If he was being arrested or detained for being outside then he has the ability to search him.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

my side 

I Take a sit and assault is saying he was RDA and i said ok and i bring soulness and they both tell me there sides and then i have Corn and then corn came and then had masterson come and masterson listen and said that i can warn him or i you don't have to warn him witch at the time Corn agreed with assault saying that its kinda RDA and about 20min later i put every then together and i warn soulness for rda because i thought that was the bet part of action

50 minutes ago, Assault said:

-Support

35 minutes ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

This is correct, although punishments vary per department

Him being searched without probable cause goes against the fourth amendment, unless consented to. In this case, there does not appear to be any consent. Him being outside does not give him probable cause to search him.

Although circumstances vary, it appears this was not the correct way to go.

see also: good faith | fourth amendmentTerry vs. Ohio

-support 

47 minutes ago, soulness said:

951561211_ScreenShot2020-03-17at8_59_11PM.png.a51611ea1d7762e7b283d6881160871f.png

It clearly states in the PD guidline that you can arrest someone for being outside during martial law. This is approved by Friendly steve and written by HEAD OF STAFF matthew. 

If you read what I wrote I tried to go to a building and run back to town till I was tazed in the back

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, soulness said:

951561211_ScreenShot2020-03-17at8_59_11PM.png.a51611ea1d7762e7b283d6881160871f.png

It clearly states in the PD guidline that you can arrest someone for being outside during martial law. This is approved by Friendly steve and written by HEAD OF STAFF matthew. 

I was there on with soulness but i couldn't make the sit. So we show up to this panic and see assault dead. We get ems, he gets picked up, and soulness tells him "Its Martial Law go to your home now" Assault said something like "I don't have a home are you going to arrest a homeless man" then he walks away. So soulness tasers assault and cuffs him searches him to find he had a class 3 gun on him, so we put him in the car and that's when i go afk.
So overall i +support

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

1 minute ago, [GL] Mikey said:

I was there on with soulness but i couldn't make the sit. So we show up to this panic and see assault dead. We get ems, he gets picked up, and soulness tells him "Its Martial Law go to your home now" Assault said something like "I don't have a home are you going to arrest a homeless man" then he walks away. So soulness tasers assault and cuffs him searches him to find he had a class 3 gun on him, so we put him in the car and that's when i go afk.
So overall i +support

5 minutes ago, ExoTic Maddog said:

+Support

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

3 hours ago, [GL] Mikey said:

So overall i +support

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

4 hours ago, Masterson said:

+support 

It says you may be arrested 

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

15 hours ago, soulness said:

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

• Head Admin

Accepted

Go into the ban panel (at the top it says ban) sign in, go to your profile, go to your warn and click appeal. Fill the information out and in the description put the link to this in it.

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I