Peggu KOS for Spanish Speakers

spooky❤

Your in game name: spooky

Your Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ 

The player's in game name: Peggu

The player's steam ID (required): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198261783823/

What did the player do: Peggu, decided last night that she was going to KOS anyone speaking Spanish (mostly D class), she said that it was in the rules, even though after throughly reading the Message of the Day as well as server rules there is nothing that states another player cannot speak a foreign language. She said it was English only, however that is not stated in the rules. After multiple people called her out for racism she decided to call staff and say they were harassing her and got those players banned. Now there was also a Security LCPL who spoke native Spanish and was speaking it with D class because he was comfortable to do so and she had him demoted for calling her "dumb" although he merely said it was dumb he could not speak Spanish. Every other long time player I had spoken to as well as moderator confirmed and also told me that speaking Spanish was not considered mic spam as Peggu said in fact there was nothing against people speaking Spanish or another foreign language on the server.

Evidence (required): Chat logs from last night or I have recordings of player interactions as well as chat logs in specific.

What do you believe should happen to the player: I think she should receive a warning for giving out false information to new players, KOSing D Class who were speaking Spanish, as well as demoting a player for saying it was dumb for not being able to speak Spanish.

Any extra information: I have trimmed the clips and I have them at the ready when need be, contact me via steam, discord, teamspeak, or on the server and I'll be happy to talk to you, send over the evidence against her, as well as give a first hand account of the events that took place.

• Like 1

+Support

I was there and witnessed part of the incident. As far as I'm concerned (and yes, its not stated in the rules), you have to speak English if you're going to be in a branch communicating. Yet, it was a bunch of D class instead which is fine. If there are mic spammers, people should call staff sits instead of taking matters into their own hands. I have also told Peggu on multiple occasions to call staff member when something like this happens or if there are infringements to the rules but she consistently wants to take matters into her own hand despite my warnings. 
@Peggu with a Gun Although, nonetheless, I always need to hear the other side. 

Edited by Rektify

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+Support for reasons above but also it is pretty racist to say people who aren't speaking English are mic spamming. Also, Peggu, this is getting ridiculous, there have been too many incidents involving you for various reasons.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

8 minutes ago, Gunther said:

+Support for reasons above but also it is pretty racist to say people who aren't speaking English are mic spamming. Also, Peggu, this is getting ridiculous, there have been too many incidents involving you for various reasons.

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

+/-Support you shouldn't KOS someone for that but they shouldn't be talking Spanish in a English server "imo" and they wouldn't stop even when she said stop (Even I said stop because it was kinda loud) 

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

7 hours ago, Gunther said:

7 hours ago, Gunther said:

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

7 hours ago, Rektify said:

+Support

I was there and witnessed part of the incident. As far as I'm concerned (and yes, its not stated in the rules), you have to speak English if you're going to be in a branch communicating. Yet, it was a bunch of D class instead which is fine. If there are mic spammers, people should call staff sits instead of taking matters into their own hands. I have also told Peggu on multiple occasions to call staff member when something like this happens or if there are infringements to the rules but she consistently wants to take matters into her own hand despite my warnings. 

8 hours ago, th3 said:

Lmao I would find it funny to hear different languages from D Class.

+Support

^
Imagine getting ganged up on by like 5 D-Class yelling in Chinese, that would be funny
But yeah, kinda racist ngl
+Support

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+Support I was a witness to this, I talked to her about it then got off because I had to get of asap, I do believe she deserves some time of punishment for this behavior. 
-Security SFTO 1LT Ketchup Boy

Edited by TheHumanPiano

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

+ Support

I was there and witnessed it and it was very clear that was wrong and discriminatory. As rektify said, if they were using branch comms it wouldn't be okay but because they were class-d doing it, it was fine. And if they were mic spamming peggu should just call staff instead of taking it into her own hands. 

Reasons stated above

What I think should happen: Warn for RDMx(how many times she killed the class-d for speaking spanish) and *just a* warn for racism

Update: After learning some new information I do believe peggu should recieve a 1-week ban

Edited by Dr. Shaw likes pizza

Oh Shit! A Rat!

+Support

Peggu, you need to realize that you're not a staff member, so stop trying to enforce rules, espically those that don't exist. Just call staff and we'll deal with it. We are trained to deal with situation s like this and also know the server rules like the back of our hands, which apparently you do not. This is just racism and you should be banned

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

9 hours ago, MiniLeopard said:

+/-Support you shouldn't KOS someone for that but they shouldn't be talking Spanish in a English server "imo" and they wouldn't stop even when she said stop (Even I said stop because it was kinda loud) 

The server is for all people, there is not a rule to my knowledge stating that they Have to speak english, also what if they only knew spanish?
+Support

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

55 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+Support

Peggu, you need to realize that you're not a staff member, so stop trying to enforce rules, espically those that don't exist. Just call staff and we'll deal with it. We are trained to deal with situation s like this and also know the server rules like the back of our hands, which apparently you do not. This is just racism and you should be banned

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+support

blatant racism

those of you who remember Hang, he was even given staff of the month for being able to handle a staff sit completely in Spanish, I've been on the server for almost a year and never EVER heard of an "English only" rule that is enforced with punishment.

Edited by Breen
  • Like 1

gog

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

ImpRP

Retired Marshall

SCPRP

Retired Foundation Doctor

14 hours ago, Rektify said:

+Support

@Peggu with a Gun Although, nonetheless, I always need to hear the other side. 

[Used to be] Mobile Task Force Alpha-1 "Red Right Hand" | Foundation Research Team & GenSec NCO/FTO | Moderator of GL SCP-RP Bronze Donator ($10)

13 hours ago, th3 said:

Lmao I would find it funny to hear different languages from D Class.

+Support

Mad funny +support for obvious racism

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

+Support

Peggu is very sensitive and honestly, I just think she shouldn't be apart of any command especially because of this incident. I have had so many problems with her in the past about her insulting D-Class but when they say something just a tiny bit mean she blasts them. Also, with this racism incident, it should not be a warning. It should be a 1-week ban for racism. Obviously I'm not the one who makes that decision but that's what I think should happen. For some reason, she thinks she is always better than everybody else which I'm guessing lead to her thinking she could KOS people that speak Spanish. She deserves whatever punishment she gets. Also, another topic that Inaccurate pulled up, is that your not a staff member. Do not boss people around and tell them stuff that is not true. This is what is called mini-modding. I've seen you do it so many times it's just ridiculous. 

---------------------------------

giphy.gif

Retired SCP-RP Moderator | Alpha-1 LCPL | Gensec JFTO & SGT