SCP-012 Test: "SCP-1025's Stoneman Syndrome"

Cheriti

Name: JR Dmitri Sourkraut

SCPs: 012, 1025

Question / Idea: All test done on SCP-012 (A Bad Composition) have resulted in a test subject either going mad from exposure to SCP-012's effects or self mutilation until said subject expires, this test is to see whether or not that can be changed. Using SCP-1025 (Encyclopedia of Diseases), and a certain disease known to be found within its pages called fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP), or stone man syndrome, which causes the victim to be stuck in place, unable to move at all or do anything. If I can get a Class-D to read the page containing stone man syndrome and expose him to SCP-012, we will be able to find out whether or not SCP-012's effects will cause death in the test subject.

Background Research: For those that don't know, SCP-012 is a music sheet that when viewed, leads to the viewer to draw blood and add notes to SCP-012. SCP-1025 is a Encyclopedia of Diseases that when a disease's information is read, is by unknown means given to the reader, ranging from the common cold, cardiac arrest, and other SCPs such as SCP-008, SCP-742, and SCP-217, since all are diseases that just so happen to have anomalous traits.

Hypothesis: One of two things is going to happen here, either the Class-D test subject will go insane or the brain may simply turn off after prolonged time exposed to SCP-012's effects while having SCP-1025's stone man syndrome.

Observations: We got unlucky as all hell in this test, took 3 goddamn Class-D personnel dying to cardiac arrest before someone finally read about stone man syndrome, and there was a riot on D-Block as we were trying to get into HCZ, besides that there were few issues with getting the Class-D into SCP-012's Containment Chamber (hereby referred to as 012's CC). unlucky however, the door to 012's CC malfunctioned, so we had to stand further back to avoid SCP-012's effect, however Senior Researcher Perkele was able to get the Class-D in there thanks to some equipment he had with him at the time (tell Perkele I said thanks). We believed that nothing was going to happen to the Class-D after around 10 seconds had passed, but then the subject fell to the floor dead, which had confirmed one of my ideas that it would simply cause a victim to will itself into death. We couldn't think on the matter to long though, as the CC of a Euclid class SCP which I do not know the name of breached containment right after the subject expired, leading all personnel involved having to evacuate the area or face death, SCP-012's CC was later fixed and the door closed with no further incidents.

Conclusion: Any human exposed to SCP-012's effects without anyone to pull them away from SCP-012 is condemned to death if they cannot resist its anomalous traits, due to them simply expiring even without the inclusion of harming themselves in any way, shape, or form.

Was your hypothesis correct?: Yes, SCP-012's effects will cause death eventually even when a subject is not able to physically harm themselves, and will cause the brain to stop functioning if they are unable to do so, maybe this is SCP-012 knowing that they cant add to it and therefore killing them, however the chance that a piece of paper has somehow gained sentience are fairly low and I'm guessing that it is probably the subject itself willing itself to die.

- - -Research Manager Potato- - -

Grade: 100

Test Quality: Quality

Lore: 20/20
this test goes along well and properly with the lore of both SCPs and i see no discrepancy's with either of them

Creativity: 20/20
this is an interesting test that i dont think many wold expect to be made

Presentation: 20/20
the format of the test is neat and is not trying to do more then it needs to do and makes it easy to read

Writing: 40/40
i personally cant see any errors in the writing so you have done good in this field

(its still a quality test i just had to redo the grading)