Your In-game: ZlatozarBG

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:178735976

The admin's name in-game: Zerg

The admin's steam name (If you know it): N/A

What warning did you receive: "Player Dis"

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):

370784349_(10).thumb.png.40531caa5b2dcf8cfd750750bcdd912e.png
Why do you think this warn was false:

I would first of explain the story from a couple of minutes before the staff sit was made so you could have a better understanding of the situation.

I was trying to build a base so I could make some money when a guy comes in raiding, I tell him I am building  and he would not find anything but he keeps trying to shoot me missing most of his shots and when he kills me I type something into the OOC chat which I would come to in a bit. A couple of minutes after that I get brought into a sit so I say hello and asked what is happnening and after me was brought the person reporting me and he began saying I dissrespected him and he copy pasted into chat what I had said. The administrator says that he needs evidence of the dissrespect (video or photo) but then I just go on and admit that I have said what the person who reported me is claiming I said which is "Why the fuck do you have to raid when I tell you I am building, you are just being a retard". Without me being able to say anything nor the staff member telling me if I have done anything wrong I just get warned for "Player Dis" so I try speaking to the staff member who is unprofessionally silent telling him that me telling somebody ''you are just being a retard'' shouldn't really be overall that dissrespectful but he still doesn't say anything. It really seemed like the staff member was in troubled and acted in a way that a T-MOD with no experience would not the way an admin would, he was forgetting his words and not explaining anything to me and why I am getting warned. When I asked why I am being warned without being to explain anything he said something like "You admitted to dissrespect so I warned you" which was one of the very few things he said in the sit followed by him saying "Do you need anything else" in a very tired tone, like the one of someone who does not like their job seemingly wanting to go to RP, and after the answer of the person who made the claim was "no" both of us got returned.

To end it of I have to say that in my opinion the words I have been warned for are not offensive in any way and if for a punihsment it should of had been more like a verbal to be more cearful with the language. Of course our understanding of the rule "Player Dissrespect" could be different but nevertheles I find what I would state in "Any extra information:" down below unacceptable.

Any extra information:

I cannot miss adding the fact that the staff member acted very unprofessionally in the sit. He did not say anything nor did he check anything (Logs wise) he just gave me a warn without explaining why or even say that I will indeed be warned. When asked questions he could not answer them and and some point he mumbled through the mic something like "i can't remember my words" or soemthing like that not once. As I mentioned his behaviour reminded me of that of a Trial-Moderator not an Administrator which he is. I've personally seen other staff lower than his rank being happy and friendly when taking sits and explaining everything before doing it. It really seems like he lacks the experience needed for such a position in a staff team of such a big server. I would let you to decide but with my 4300 hours on gmod of experience I could tell you that for an administrator the  staff member is acting very unprofessional and seems too immature and unfocused for holding such post, again not meaning to offend anyone just stating facts so higher staff could act upon it.

Kind Regards,

ZlatozarBG

Edited by ZlatozarBG

+/- support

So saying 'retard' is considered player diss. However, if your words a true Zerg didn't handle the sit correctly. He is ment to tell you you sre being warned, what the warn is, and how to appeal it.  And it seems you didn't have the chance to say your side

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

It was a honest mistake, When I took the sit I was told you were calling another player a certain word. If I didn't tell you before I am sorry, I was very stress that day, which is not a excuse, but I am very sorry for not telling you before. Also, there was many ticket I was dealing with before with minges, and I was just tired of the day and wanted to get off, therefore, I was given proof by Aaron ( I think I am not sure) so I decided to warn you, I should of told you before but totally forgot to. Sorry if you think this was wrong. -Zerg

Edited by Zerg

PoliceRP SMTHead Admin | Head Of Support

Zerg explained how it went and apologized.

As this is is about your warn and not a staff report,

What is disrespect and what isnt? 

Some people can take anything you thro them and some people dont. I dont mind some banter if it stays respectful but other people can take for instant the word "retard" very offensive.

So whether its disrespect depends on the person in question and staff can decide the severity of it and whether it needs a warning.

+/- Support as staff maybe didnt think clearly when giving warn but again it could be taken as player disrespect what you said and is warnable.

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

16 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Some people can take anything you thro them and some people dont. I dont mind some banter if it stays respectful but other people can take for instant the word "retard" very offensive.

So whether its disrespect depends on the person in question and staff can decide the severity of it and whether it needs a warning.

+/- Support as staff maybe didnt think clearly when giving warn but again it could be taken as player disrespect what you said and is warnable.

As the reporter did say he took a lot of offense from the word, i do not mind the work but he was not happy and thought it was very disrespectful

PoliceRP SMTHead Admin | Head Of Support

5 hours ago, Freeze said:

I agree. Everybody makes mistakes.

However, the word "retard" can be very offensive times, it depends upon context.

Edited by utetwo

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

-Support

Hello ZlatozarBG,

Not going to say much, but I feel the word "retarded" should never be used in a term or a context. It's very offensive and disrespectful to the people that could possibly have a disability, people do get offended and could make them emotional as that word is frequently used and people don't realise how it affects someone in a way. Whether you're joking or just messing around, it still shouldn't be used in a term or context its just very rude and not needed to say. Try and think before you act/say, words do hurt to some people that are battling a hard time or just words that could be offensive in a way of disrespect.

Zerg should of told you, that you're getting warned, at least he apologized and admitted to his mistake. Zerg was having a stressful day and yeah that shouldn't be an excuse but when there's a lot of people and there's a lot of tickets going off, it's hard to battle these types of situations and he could of had a bad day in general. Zerg did apologies for the miscommunication and admitted to his mistake, it's a simple mistake that was made and Zerg will learn from his mistakes and focus on improving himself.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Just remember to respect the Gaminglight Community and the others around you, we're a friendly community where we treat everyone with respect and kindness. We're all a family here and none of us should be treated different, just think before you act and think about others around you. Yes, the some words might slip out of your mouth but you have to try and hold it in and say something respectful that is not going to offend anyone in a way.

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! I have to leave this as a -Support, due to the disrespect that was given towards the player you disrespected. I hope you learn from this lesson and mistake, just think before you act/say and just be mindful of others around you, think how the they would feel in that situation.

Kind Regards

Munchies

16/03/2020

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

3 hours ago, Munchies said:

-Support

Hello ZlatozarBG,

Not going to say much, but I feel the word "retarded" should never be used in a term or a context. It's very offensive and disrespectful to the people that could possibly have a disability, people do get offended and could make them emotional as that word is frequently used and people don't realise how it affects someone in a way. Whether you're joking or just messing around, it still shouldn't be used in a term or context its just very rude and not needed to say. Try and think before you act/say, words do hurt to some people that are battling a hard time or just words that could be offensive in a way of disrespect.

Zerg should of told you, that you're getting warned, at least he apologized and admitted to his mistake. Zerg was having a stressful day and yeah that shouldn't be an excuse but when there's a lot of people and there's a lot of tickets going off, it's hard to battle these types of situations and he could of had a bad day in general. Zerg did apologies for the miscommunication and admitted to his mistake, it's a simple mistake that was made and Zerg will learn from his mistakes and focus on improving himself.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Just remember to respect the Gaminglight Community and the others around you, we're a friendly community where we treat everyone with respect and kindness. We're all a family here and none of us should be treated different, just think before you act and think about others around you. Yes, the some words might slip out of your mouth but you have to try and hold it in and say something respectful that is not going to offend anyone in a way.

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! I have to leave this as a -Support, due to the disrespect that was given towards the player you disrespected. I hope you learn from this lesson and mistake, just think before you act/say and just be mindful of others around you, think how the they would feel in that situation.

Kind Regards

Munchies

16/03/2020

Hello Munchies and everyone else viewing/replying,

Me being a member of the community for a couple of years now I could tell you I have always respected everyone in the community and all the effort everyone puts in to make everything on all the servers of the community better for the older and newer members of the community. I personally even if never being a staff member have helped people back in 2017 till today with rules and have even gone on to explain new people what to do on the server and much more. What I didn't like the most back in the day was bias and abusive staff members which at the time I did not report but I highly regret not doing so.

About me telling a guy "you are being a retard" I just got a little annoyed and mostly meant to say it in a way so it is "you are being a dick" because the guy was raiding me just so he can kill me even though I had told him I am building. At the time when it happened my brain could not make a difference between the two phrases and I just typed out one of them. You most likely would say that if I had time to write it I could of had corrected it but I type quite quick and in a situation in which I am quite annoyed I cannot really think it through very well before posting it into the chat. I am not sure how the guy felt but it really seemed to me that he really just cared about getting someone warned and everytime he saw some form of dissrespect in OOC he said something like "Oh thats dissrespect :)", "And another one" and reported them even if it was not him that was dissrespected which I guess is in a way to correct thing to do. I really apologize if he really got offended by anything I had said which by the way was not directly even said to him. Even though I did not intentionally dissrespect the guy I will make sure that I never again say anything like that that could possibly offend anyone and I will yes learn from my mistake.

I personally do not get offended by people calling me names on gmod but I understand how some could. What I find a lot more dissrespectful though is when staff members are not acting the way they should in a sit and not showing the same behaviour to both sides. The funny part though in this situation was that if I did not in the sit admit to saying such a thing I would not have even been warned but I did. I respect and acknowledge Zerg's apology and understand his situation but Zerg if you are not feeling well enough to have a sit try to get lower staff that are on the server to get SOD as there is a reason you are an administrator, afterall there is also a reason why there are staff ranks on the server but then again I could be wrong so I would let you to decide what to do in the future.

Kind regards,

ZlatozarBG

Edited by ZlatozarBG

1 hour ago, ZlatozarBG said:

This will be my last post on this report, if this comment is not what you are looking for or not what you were expecting. Feel free to contact me via teamspeak, private message, discord, etc. I'm always open to people that need help or need answers to questions, I would be more than happily to help anyone that needs it. I'm always free so pop in for a chat whenever! I hope you understand, where I'm coming from and hopefully you respect my statement.

ZlatozarBD, thank you for replying to my message and giving a better clearance and understanding about the situation. People depending on their day or mood, can be easily annoyed when something dramatic happens or you just started working on something important and someone comes along and destroys whatever you're doing, yes that is very annoying but it's just a game at the end of the day, the guy didn't do anything to break rules he simply could of just wanted to raid you etc. Not sure if building signs still exist, but if they do then that's fair he could of broken a rule. In that moment, yes you would be frustrated and annoyed and you don't have enough time to think on what you're going to say but you need try and come up with a solution that is not going to get you into trouble, you need to think before you act/say. Whether people didn't care or not, it's a rule at the end of the day, disrespect should never be tolerated here on Gaminglight. We're a family, where we treat everyone with respect and kindness.

ZlatorzarBD you also talked about how you don't like the staff ethics, Gaminglight staff try and do their best at their roles. Yeah people might not like their decisions, but at the end of the day, they have final say in decisions and if the staff member believes someone broke a rule, then he has the choice to warn or give a verbal. If you believe staff are "Bias" or "Abusive" or they're not acting in a professional and mature matter, you must  file a staff report with the correct format that is provided for you. At the end of the day, staff are just here to do their role that they're required to do. We're all still adapting and developing as a team, it will take time to learn the ropes and know what you're doing, that's why staff are trained to do good at their jobs and handle situations in the correct matter. Everyone learns something new everyday whatever rank they're, they still learn something new and fix any mistakes they made. Staff put amount of hours and days into their server, to help keep the server clean and tidy and stop people from breaking rules etc. They do it because they want people to enjoy their time on this wonderful community and have a positive review about Gaminglight. Being a staff member on a big community takes effort and dedication which all staff here on Gaminglight has, at the end of the day we try out best and help anyone in need! Anyways, we're still developing and adapting with our work ethics, we're all trying out best to be fair and helpful in all situations, we're all trying to make the servers fun for you guys etc.

That's all I have to say, I hope you get the point on where I'm coming from. I'm going to leave my opinion as stated and I hope you understand, I just think using that word is very offensive and disrespect towards others in the community. Whether they take it personally or not, it's still consider disrespect and a rule broken. Think before you act/say, yeah you did a simple mistake, this gives you a chance to fix that mistake and know to not break it again. Just try and come out with a solution that will help you in these types of situations, instead of disrespecting the player try and message the player or something in a respectful way.

Kind Regards

Munchies

16/03/2020

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"