give pd a weapon checker - Accepted

Quangasaurusrex

What you want to see? - pd should have weapon checkers -> LCPL+ since LCPL can apply for state, and state has it. So does fbi... and ss... etc.

Why should we add it? - handcuffing someone, then checking, then unhandcuffing takes way too long than it should (~7 seconds vs 1 second)

What are the advantages of having this? - faster times to check ppl.

Who is it mainly for? - pd

Links to any content - 

52 minutes ago, Masterson said:

+Support 

Would make sense for pd to have it

YES

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

9 hours ago, Sion said:

+support 

Tac have it, why not pd

I honestly forgot that they don't have it

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

+- support  if this gets added there should be guidelines  for people  don't randomly random weapon check people 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

5 hours ago, Masterson said:

+Support 

Would make sense for pd to have it

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

18 hours ago, Sion said:

Tac have it, why not pd

I dont recall Tac having it anymore but my opion is below

7 hours ago, Hannah King said:

+- support  if this gets added there should be guidelines  for people  don't randomly random weapon check people 

5 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-support There will be too many cases/accusations of people running  up to someone and random weapons checking

yea this could cause a lot of problems

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

4 hours ago, Ghosted said:

I dont recall Tac having it anymore but my opion is below

Tac does have it, atleast DS does and I believe FBI Have it aswell

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

3 minutes ago, K1LLER said:

Tac does have it, atleast DS does and I believe FBI Have it aswell

So does cert and state

2 hours ago, Pooders said:

yea this could cause a lot of problems

It would cause more good than harm, also anyone who is a LCPL can apply for state, who also have it.

8 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

-support There will be too many cases/accusations of people running  up to someone and random weapons checking

Gonna need evidence then. If they get arrested, they will need a reason for a valid search. (e.g. a terry frisk), otherwise its against the 4th amendment. -> demote if invalid

The weapon checker is a very dangerous tool.  Easy to justify it's use and can lead to 10 years prison time instantly... May cause confusion with new players who are unfamiliar with it. Also, there are no server wide guidelines for weapon checker usage. 

If implemented for PD, I'd highly recommend a comprehensive section in PD handbook of when it can be used. 

10 hours ago, Bird said:

-SUPPORT

Random officers and check someone an take them to jail. This gets rid of the roleplay aspect. Horrible idea that would ruin roleplay

You can say that about the handcuffs

that and other departments?

15 hours ago, Rocco_Rex said:

It will be near impossible  to prove it was an illegal search without video

Better get to recordin then

On 3/14/2020 at 6:12 AM, Freeze said:

Would make more sense and stop people from screaming RDA.

And also take less time for a simple weapon check

+ Support

(Should be standard for all gov)

12 hours ago, Crease said:

The weapon checker is a very dangerous tool.  Easy to justify it's use and can lead to 10 years prison time instantly... May cause confusion with new players who are unfamiliar with it. Also, there are no server wide guidelines for weapon checker usage. 

If implemented for PD, I'd highly recommend a comprehensive section in PD handbook of when it can be used. 

• Thanks 1

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 3/14/2020 at 5:12 AM, Freeze said:

Would make more sense and stop people from screaming RDA.

And also take less time for a simple weapon check

+ Support

(Should be standard for all gov)

Totally agree. There's no reason not to add it.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, Quangasaurusrex said:

Other departments are stricter than pd and also are more trusted.  

On 3/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, Quangasaurusrex said:

Some people's potato computer's can't Handel recordings with out bad lag  😣

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King