Re-work of Research bunks - Denied

HammerJack1 24/7

What you want to see? - updating the Research bunks to use different props

Why should we add it? - Don't get me wrong here by me saying the research bunks are nice, but i have created my own design that i would like at least parts incorporated when theirs a prop update for the map. These props are usually in groups of 5 and offer an expansion towards things to do while under certain lock down procedures

What are the advantages of having this? - Using different props will add a different feel to the spawn, these images will also be used to improve RP areas so doing things in spawn will feel more welcoming rather then sitting down or chess. My goal here is to incorporate the research bunks to be more of a "research department" that just happens to be were research spawns

Who is it mainly for? - Researcher

Links to any content - Listed bellow are Images of my prop placement and descriptions of each image

image.thumb.png.df3e75997e718625c5479e7fd5f7af87.png

This image shows 2 lifts to a "transit system" which is not real but adds the illusion of an alternate way to leave the foundation, since most researchers are not allowed into EZ to leave if they wish to. Next to it is a chemical research area which i wish was bigger, this is one of the things i'd like to see incorporated more because it gives the opportunity for people to RP doing biological research

image.thumb.png.04785c546f4d788420854cb333dc3413.png

This is a computer lab next to the biological room, while some may argue that "we have computers" there very plane and not given much attention, with this design it gives a little more character to the computers making it less boring to be next to. You may also noticed these designs are Cubical, i think this gives the area a nice Office design which is something that should be prominent in a lab setting

image.thumb.png.1fb286f7a4a5730dc719c7d7961d9ae7.png

This is a large wall, that's it, it covers the area where people get trained. I kind of wish i found the same texture as the walls for it, On the wall is a very small break room, much smaller then EZ's but provides the necessaries of research needs. that being junk food and caffeinated drinks regularly being re-filled by staff and couches to wait on, eat or relax, and on the wall is a large terminal, i only added this because you guys like these.

All these props are stock from Gmod or use your addons, i have been as limiting as possible with prop limit and this entire build is 23 props, if you don't wish to add this specific design, you could at least incorporate these ideas such as small break room, biological room and computer room in a later version of the map, to fill the RP needs of research since most researchers don't have access to EZ or are locked in this room during certain events

-Support Bunks are supposed to be a place where you spawn and a place to train trainees not a place to FULLY Roleplay.

Also, we already redid the bunks like 3 weeks ago and we have no room for extra props unless you literally wanna get rid of the training area

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

23 minutes ago, The Light said:

-Support Bunks are supposed to be a place where you spawn and a place to train trainees not a place to FULLY Roleplay.

Well I mean its probably never been a place to roleplay in because there's not a way to roleplay. This would be a neat idea. And with D-Class riots, it would give Research something to do until things settle.

+Support

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

15 hours ago, Gunther said:

Well I mean its probably never been a place to roleplay in because there's not a way to roleplay. This would be a neat idea. And with D-Class riots, it would give Research something to do until things settle.

+Support

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 3/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, The Light said:

Also, we already redid the bunks like 3 weeks ago and we have no room for extra props unless you literally wanna get rid of the training area

big cat running GIF