The Virus

Jayden

Had to cancel a spring break vacation due to it. 

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

Its slowly starting to effect illinois, especially around chicago. One student at a nearby high school came in contact with one that was infected with it and caused the whole school to be closed. Currently my high school is on the verge of canceling senior sendoff and the St Patricks day parade.

• Sad 1

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

6 minutes ago, _Alpha_ said:

Its slowly starting to effect illinois, especially around chicago. One student at a nearby high school came in contact with one that was infected with it and caused the whole school to be closed. Currently my high school is on the verge of canceling senior sendoff and the St Patricks day parade.

noooo the Seniors man :((  two St Patricks day parades near me that generate millions of dollars have been canceled. You gotta think about how this is affecting the economy its crazy

7 minutes ago, Dredgen said:

Had to cancel a spring break vacation due to it. 

So I assume you're out of school now then? I know people that are going on plane rides for vacation during Spring Break and I honestly find that kinda crazy.

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

Nah school is still going. If they don't cancel soon though I might just not go. I'm not taking my chances.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

Arizona is screwed 

Ex - CWRP Admin Alpha| Ex - Clone General Alpha| 

"All of you chumps are gonna bow, when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked...But the man's in trouble. I'mma show YOU how GREAT I AM!" -Muhammad Ali

4 minutes ago, Dredgen said:

Nah school is still going. If they don't cancel soon though I might just not go. I'm not taking my chances.

Ohhhhh I thought that your school decided to cancel spring break and have school to make up for what I assumed you were missing now. Your own personal vacation, damn that sucks man.

But yeah it's understandable that you wouldn't go to school. Don't want to catch that. It's more of a risk for older people with weak immune systems though. You're young so you'd be just fine.

2 minutes ago, [GL] Alpha said:

Arizona is screwed 

dang I haven't heard about them yet

spacer.png

I'm pretty chill. Only 1 case anywhere near me.

But yeah, People need to understand that this virus is not as bad as the media is making it out to be. Healthy people like 17 - 40 will very rarely die or be very heavily affected unless they have other medical conditions the only reason the governments are putting heavily measures on it is that its very easy to transmit and spreads a lot, Not because its a deadly disease that will wipe out a country. common flu has killed way more people and still does. had swine flu back when that did its rounds and that was pretty bad.

There are a few cases near me, but in the City close to me like a hour and a half away from me, they had to close down this one area and no one is allowed to open shops or anything over there and they are just cleaning it down because its the worst there than anywhere else in the city so 😕

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm pretty chill. Only 1 case anywhere near me.

But yeah, People need to understand that this virus is not as bad as the media is making it out to be. Healthy people like 17 - 40 will very rarely die or be very heavily affected unless they have other medical conditions the only reason the governments are putting heavily measures on it is that its very easy to transmit and spreads a lot, Not because its a deadly disease that will wipe out a country. common flu has killed way more people and still does. had swine flu back when that did its rounds and that was pretty bad.

That's good to hear.

But yeah I agree with that, I could understand why people are panicking. It's because of the effects it's having on the world, for example cancellations in huge events, countries locking down stuff like that. Yeah it is crazy to see these things happening but at the end of the day we're fine. We aren't dealing with the black plague here. It's contagiousness is the reason for the governments of the world reacting in the way that they are, which causes everyone to blow it out of proportion.

1 minute ago, K1LLER said:

There are a few cases near me, but in the City close to me like a hour and a half away from me, they had to close down this one area and no one is allowed to open shops or anything over there and they are just cleaning it down because its the worst there than anywhere else in the city so 😕

I see I see. Could be much worse though.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Jayden said:

That's good to hear.

But yeah I agree with that, I could understand why people are panicking. It's because of the effects it's having on the world, for example cancellations in huge events, countries locking down stuff like that. Yeah it is crazy to see these things happening but at the end of the day we're fine. We aren't dealing with the black plague here. It's contagiousness is the reason for the governments of the world reacting in the way that they are, which causes everyone to blow it out of proportion.

I see I see. Could be much worse though.

yea I know, but its also a county away me from me and schools shut down for 2 weeks and its getting pretty close to where I live, but I'm not that worried it's just like the flu, it just spread a lot more and faster

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

Just now, K1LLER said:

yea I know, but its also a county away me from me and schools shut down for 2 weeks and its getting pretty close to where I live, but I'm not that worried it's just like the flu, it just spread a lot more and faster

Yeah you'll be fine, we just gotta wash our hands for a decent amount of time, and make sure not to put our hands near our faces. Worst comes to worst our bodies will fight it off.

spacer.png

besides toilet paper being sold out? no, but schools are meant to shutdown pretty soon which would be terrible for me.

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

besides toilet paper being sold out? no, but schools are meant to shutdown pretty soon which would be terrible for me.

You just take online classes basically if the school shut downs.

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

Small update on my part.

Uh some teachers are preparing E-learning (basically online stuff) if anything happens. Tension is high as many kids are getting more afraid to go to school. One girls parents said to go to school but not to go to any of the classes.

Its pretty fucked over here in Illinois.

Former DHOS

There is a few cases near me and most schools in the county are closed.

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

Another good ol' update.

All teachers are talking about at the moment, more stuff is being canceled and we are preparing for E-learning days for all classes including band. It appears my school will close for a bit.

Former DHOS

Minnesota is starting to close everything, my campus is closed so I'm home. Probably gonna have to take some LOA's in the future.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

23 hours ago, th3 said:

Damn people still believe they’d be fine if being infected. You really wouldn’t regardless of your age or physical condition.

Well when I say fine I mean survive. All I know is that even when I come down with something as little as a fever, I feel like I'm gonna be seeing Jesus that night xD

9 hours ago, Jakub said:

Why toilet paper? I would assume like hand sanitizer, wipes, and tissues

8 hours ago, Hoovy said:

My home team put the NBA season on hiatus 😂 

That's all of the NBA now, NHL has hopped on the same boat as well, and I'm hearing that MLB spring training is being pushed back.

8 hours ago, _Alpha_ said:

Small update on my part.

Uh some teachers are preparing E-learning (basically online stuff) if anything happens. Tension is high as many kids are getting more afraid to go to school. One girls parents said to go to school but not to go to any of the classes.

Its pretty fucked over here in Illinois.

That's actually crazy. You know what the crazy thing is about online. That's gonna be a tough one for my area because to be frank, not everyone has the access to Wi-Fi at home. Online might not be achievable for where I live.

7 hours ago, Noah REmiX said:

There is a few cases near me and most schools in the county are closed.

Schools around me have yet to close yet, which is surprising considering my state has a confirmed 108 cases last I checked.

1 hour ago, Gh0pit said:

Minnesota is starting to close everything, my campus is closed so I'm home. Probably gonna have to take some LOA's in the future.

I see I see. Glad you're home safe. I would say to take all the time you need when it comes to LOA's.

spacer.png

• Bread locked this topic