Nerf Negev - Denied

Will

• Head Admin

What you want to see? - Decrease in the DPS of the negev (or rate of fire if possible)

Why should we add it? - Its impossible to defeat someone when they shred through your 100 HP and 220 Armor in less than 5 seconds (and this is with using cover)

What are the advantages of having this? - Fights are more realistic and it gives gov a chance to win fights on their own. 

Who is it mainly for? - Gov

Links to any content - n/a

• Angry 1

Forklift_Signature.png

-Support

In my opinion, this is the nature of an LMG. It is realistic to me that I would get absolutely cheesed on my own against a Negev.

This is why when it comes to confronting criminals wielded with a Negev, we should have backup to take them down, and increase our chances of survival.

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Jayden said:

-Support

In my opinion, this is the nature of an LMG. It is realistic to me that I would get absolutely cheesed on my own against a Negev.

This is why when it comes to confronting criminals wielded with a Negev, we should have backup to take them down, and increase our chances of survival.

Also, they are payed for to be added onto CC’s, etc. 

Edited by Ender

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

8 minutes ago, Jayden said:

-Support

I mean I find it ez to defeat Negev a just back away from them and stop rushing them and ez clap 

• Head Admin
10 minutes ago, Ender said:

Also, they are payed for to be added onto CC’s, etc. 

I understand that, but that does not justify that the gun is too overpowering at the moment

Forklift_Signature.png

56 minutes ago, Hunt said:

I mean I find it ez to defeat Negev a just back away from them and stop rushing them and ez clap 

I agree with this as well. The Negev isn't very effective when it comes to range, so if you fight back from far without pushing towards the Negev, it is fairly easy to take down.

Edited by Jayden

spacer.png

-Support

In my opinion the negev hasn't been really that much of an issue. I've been wrecked by other guns multiple times. Besides, the negev has a lot of recoil and isn't all that great when it comes to control.

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

-Support

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

-Support

35 minutes ago, Felix said:

-Support

In my opinion the negev hasn't been really that much of an issue. I've been wrecked by other guns multiple times. Besides, the negev has a lot of recoil and isn't all that great when it comes to control.

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

-support negevs are super easy to counter please  train harder  at trainings  

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

9 minutes ago, Sion said:

+support 

If you walk through the bank vault and see like 5 negevs you know it the end if you

thats when you gassed them negevs have been the same way in police rp for years 

2 hours ago, Felix said:

-Support

Train yourself to be good with guns then you will beat it 

Coming from a Commander perspective, 

- Support

The Negev the requires you to THINK about your actions and what you do in a breach or moving into a gunfight. It's one of those guns that heavily punishes mistakes, and is avoidable in most cases with simple logic and quick thinking.

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

23 minutes ago, Max Holland said:

Train yourself to be good with guns then you will beat it 

Didn't say I was bad with it just stating it has bad recoil.

1 hour ago, Max Holland said:

That message was directed towards people who find it overpowered. Slight miscommunication I should have worded it better 

Oh lol you're good.

It seems that there is some obvious bias between people who have access to the negev, and to those who do not.

So while I am going to answer the question while being as un-bias as possible, I am going to try to point out both sides of the argument and give my conclusive answer.

Negev Side

1. I paid $x for this, so the item I should have should not be changed
  2. It's just how the Negev is

Non-Negev Side

1. High RoF, Damage output
  2. Unfair to gov as we do not possess such weaponry

Thesis statement: The Negev should be nerfed, as it provides unfair roleplay, and is generally overpowered.

Objection 1: The Negev should not be nerfed, as I have paid for this product, therefore I should not have this item removed/nerfed

Objection 2: The Negev is not overpowered, as the recoil is horrible, and it is easy to counter

I answer that: The Negev has a high ammo capacity, with a high damage output, as well as a high Rate of Fire (RoF). The fact that someone can mow down five officers is unfair as Government do not have access to this type of weaponry. No single weapon within the PD has access to any sort of weaponry that can match the Negev. It's extremely high damage cannot be outdamaged, even with multiple (assuming 2-4 with M4's) officers, as the officers will simply be picked off one by one, negating the average damage overtime, while the Negev stays at a constant rate of DPS (or shots rather), until said person is dead. Let's also include the most common bank raids, where multiple people with negevs are there. There is simply no match with 5 negevs versus the government, unless gas is involved.

Response to Objection 1: Zeeptin (or whoever wrote it) in the Terms of Service writes "We have the right to change any package at any time for any reason including stopping of a server or package without any notice." By purchasing said item(s), you agreed that these items could be modified or revoked. Therefore, it is not a valid argument that "I paid for it, it should stay the same". Furthermore, it is unfair to people who do not pay any sort of monetary good to be at the bottom of the chain. Although paying is necessary to gain an advantage, there is a line between, "I have a chance" and "I cannot win no matter what I do".

Response to Objection 2: Although the recoil by itself appears to be pretty bad, this can be negated by crouch jumping. At this point it is basically a laser. Not to mention the crosshair that notes where the weapon is going to go, so you can always use that to counteract the negev. Although any weapon can do this, the negev with its terrible recoil completely demolishes every other weapon, with its high rate of fire, and its damage output. It's only counter is not getting shot, and shooting back. This can be said for any weapon.

Restatement and Conclusion: The Negev should be nerfed, as it provides unfair roleplay, and is generally overpowered. The high damage output and its high rate of fire is what makes this weapon overpowered. It's recoil is easily counteract-able, and its damage dropoff is no less than any other weapon. The terms of service clearly notes that any package can be modified or revoked, therefore any argument saying that X purchased Y is invalid. It should also be noted that any suggestions are made (or should be made) for the common good of the server. Through this reasoning, it appears that nerfing the negev is the best logical option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

It seems that there is some obvious bias between people who have access to the negev, and to those who do not.

So while I am going to answer the question while being as un-bias as possible, I am going to try to point out both sides of the argument and give my conclusive answer.

Negev Side

1. I paid $x for this, so the item I should have should not be changed
  2. It's just how the Negev is

Non-Negev Side

1. High RoF, Damage output
  2. Unfair to gov as we do not possess such weaponry

Thesis statement: The Negev should be nerfed, as it provides unfair roleplay, and is generally overpowered.

Objection 1: The Negev should not be nerfed, as I have paid for this product, therefore I should not have this item removed/nerfed

Objection 2: The Negev is not overpowered, as the recoil is horrible, and it is easy to counter

I answer that: The Negev has a high ammo capacity, with a high damage output, as well as a high Rate of Fire (RoF). The fact that someone can mow down five officers is unfair as Government do not have access to this type of weaponry. No single weapon within the PD has access to any sort of weaponry that can match the Negev. It's extremely high damage cannot be outdamaged, even with multiple (assuming 2-4 with M4's) officers, as the officers will simply be picked off one by one, negating the average damage overtime, while the Negev stays at a constant rate of DPS (or shots rather), until said person is dead. Let's also include the most common bank raids, where multiple people with negevs are there. There is simply no match with 5 negevs versus the government, unless gas is involved.

Response to Objection 1: Zeeptin (or whoever wrote it) in the Terms of Service writes "We have the right to change any package at any time for any reason including stopping of a server or package without any notice." By purchasing said item(s), you agreed that these items could be modified or revoked. Therefore, it is not a valid argument that "I paid for it, it should stay the same". Furthermore, it is unfair to people who do not pay any sort of monetary good to be at the bottom of the chain. Although paying is necessary to gain an advantage, there is a line between, "I have a chance" and "I cannot win no matter what I do".

Response to Objection 2: Although the recoil by itself appears to be pretty bad, this can be negated by crouch jumping. At this point it is basically a laser. Not to mention the crosshair that notes where the weapon is going to go, so you can always use that to counteract the negev. Although any weapon can do this, the negev with its terrible recoil completely demolishes every other weapon, with its high rate of fire, and its damage output. It's only counter is not getting shot, and shooting back. This can be said for any weapon.

Restatement and Conclusion: The Negev should be nerfed, as it provides unfair roleplay, and is generally overpowered. The high damage output and its high rate of fire is what makes this weapon overpowered. It's recoil is easily counteract-able, and its damage dropoff is no less than any other weapon. The terms of service clearly notes that any package can be modified or revoked, therefore any argument saying that X purchased Y is invalid. It should also be noted that any suggestions are made (or should be made) for the common good of the server. Through this reasoning, it appears that nerfing the negev is the best logical option.

buy a gov custom class     i have one 

and most people buy   custom classes for the negev  so   police rp would be losing business to