Halen Oates' Security Officer Application

Hal-En Oates

What is your ingame name?:  Midshipman Halen Oates

What is your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:101912943

What is your rank on the Naval Roster?: Midshipman

What specialty are you applying for?: Security Officer

What Naval HC (Admiral +) gave you permission to apply?: Fleet Admiral Sith

What can you do to improve the branch you will be responsible for? By providing a consistent presence for direction and instruction, as well as assisting the Commander and Vice Commanders with trainings, tryouts, and maintaining rosters, I will work to ensure Shock and related security forces remains effective, mature while also creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and camaraderie. 

Why should you be trusted with this position?: I should be trust with this position because, while I enjoy the silliness of G-Mod, I also take role-play seriously and would use this position to attempt to instill a similar sense of purpose within Shock. I'm deeply committed to ensuring any battalion I belong to, or am a supporting role for, holds itself to a high standard and is capable of maintaining that atmosphere whether I am present, or not. This isn't to say it's 100% business 100% of the time, but I take leadership as a serious role where I serve the troops, they don't serve me.

Why do you want this rank?: I would like this rank so that I can start working my way into a leadership position to better benefit the server as a whole. I believe that my balance between serious and casual leadership will be a boon to the community and will help to create a less tense relationship that tends to naturally form between security forces, in this instance Shock, and the other battalions.

Do you understand that if you receive a strike you will be stripped of this rank?: Yes, I do

What is your purpose within your assigned branch?: The purpose of the Security Officer is to ensure the training and effectiveness of the security forces onboard the ISD, maintaining arrest records and RFAs, and making sure security forces respond effectively to any situation that might arise.

Let me start this like this, I like Halen, he is a good Naval member. That being said, I'm going to base my vote completely unbiased to the best of my ability.

On 3/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, Hal-En Oates said:

By providing a consistent presence for direction and instruction, as well as assisting the Commander and Vice Commanders with trainings, tryouts, and maintaining rosters, I will work to ensure Shock and related security forces remains effective, mature while also creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and camaraderie.

Honestly, one of better reasons I've seen. The only thing is, your trying to have a command over the Shock. This isn't something that the security officer does. Security officers are to ensure a constant and smooth flow of communication between the battalion and Naval Command.

I should be trust with this position because, while I enjoy the silliness of G-Mod, I also take role-play seriously and would use this position to attempt to instill a similar sense of purpose within Shock. I'm deeply committed to ensuring any battalion I belong to, or am a supporting role for, holds itself to a high standard and is capable of maintaining that atmosphere whether I am present, or not. This isn't to say it's 100% business 100% of the time, but I take leadership as a serious role where I serve the troops, they don't serve me.

Honestly something I can get behind, however I think your forgetting that security officers don't just focus on Shock, they also have responsibly within Death Troopers.

I would like this rank so that I can start working my way into a leadership position to better benefit the server as a whole. I believe that my balance between serious and casual leadership will be a boon to the community and will help to create a less tense relationship that tends to naturally form between security forces, in this instance Shock, and the other battalions.

Again, something I can get behind. I cannot speak on shocks behalf, however on the death trooper side of this, we rub elbows with battalions unintentionally, and while myself and the rest of the command team try to ease the tension, we're not always successful. 

The purpose of the Security Officer is to ensure the training and effectiveness of the security forces onboard the ISD, maintaining arrest records and RFAs, and making sure security forces respond effectively to any situation that might arise.

Yes and no. As I previously stated, you guys need to keep a constant and smooth flow of communication between Naval command and the battalions. Something to remember, you are not there to enforce battalion policies or hand out punishment.

Again, I believe that you forget that Death Troopers fall under the security umbrella. I like this application and think you will actually do well in the position. +Support (Again, this is my unbiased view on this application)

DT VCMDR Oddshot RR1

Edited by Oddshot
Forgot to put my name on there

"What can you do to improve the branch you will be responsible for? By providing a consistent presence for direction and instruction, as well as assisting the Commander and Vice Commanders with trainings, tryouts, and maintaining rosters, I will work to ensure Shock and related security forces remains effective, mature while also creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and camaraderie."

I agree with Oddshot here, not a fan of Security Officers ordering my Shock around, especially when I, or any officer+  is on.  As for ordering and directing NCO/Enlisted personnel I don't have any issues with that. I think you will do well in the position, just keep in mind our Officer Corps do not take well to being ordered around by anyone outside the battlion. The last thing we want is someone coming in and trying to order us around when you haven't gained our respect yet. 

+Support

-I've seen good things from you

- Good app

-Active

R Imperial RP General =-= Retired GM-SNR Admin =-= Staff of the month Oct. 2020

Shock VCMDR/CMDR  |  January 23 - August 29th 

+Support

-Very active naval
 -Well written app
 -Completes all orders recieved
-31st VCMDR RJ

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
sasuke GIF

• BadAim locked this topic