What If The T-Virus From Gbomb Was Released Into The Foundation?

Private Marksmen

I have messed with GBombs a lot. Especially with its chemicals. The T-virus is the most interesting part of it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951823357 Have you ever seen an addon that, after understanding it, realized it is too fucking dangerous to exist in a server.. This is one of those addons. A nuke can kill everyone on a server and maybe even crash it with a few but dropping this into a dark RP server and it might guarantee alot of lag along with a crash. It's certainly the most interesting way to crash your server. It's worse than 008 addons. Much more dangerous.

I wonder though what would happen if this was released into our server.  First, let me explain what this is.

When you get this addon I linked with or the Gbomb 5 addon you will get several new entities. The tag chemicals will be looking at. Inside that chemical tag is several things. Napalm,VX gas, poison gas and the one we're looking at is T-virus and T-virus cure. When the T-virus is spawned a vile will pop up where you aimed at. If the vile dropped at a certain hight it will break causing a green mist to form where it broke. Any NPC or player near where the vile broke or stepped near the green mist they will be infected. The green mist will soon disappear though and after is disappeared it will become safe to go near.

Anyone near an infected player or NPC will be infected. Distance is around 3 to 4 meters or about one blue barrel length. After two minutes of being infected the player or NPC will die and in its place an HL2 T-virus zombie will appear. Symptoms of the virus include vision going dark, creepy sounds being heard from infected, the color of the player model going red to black, red blood dripping from there model though sometimes this symptom will not manifest and moments after they will become a zombie they will give out a roar. 

I will be calling T-virus zombies TZs for now on. TZs can infect anyone at the same distance as infected. TZs will be any random type of HL2 zombie. Poison, fast and regular. No zombine though. Sometimes there will be two TZs instead of one that will manifest. TZs will behave like normal hl2 zombies except there health will be 1000 and they will be able to infect anyone near them like infected. There are also boss zombies that are rare to spawn and have a greater amount of HP and are much larger in size. Usually, though they will get stuck inside the map especially when they are indoors. TZ headcrabs are also capable of infect anyone that gets in the same range as regular TZs or infected. Testing has shown that TZs or infected can infect people through walls.

TZ regulars or TZ-Rs are the least dangerous. There slow so it easy to get away from them. TZ fast zombies or TZ-Fs are the second most dangerous since they are fast and all they have to do is to get near you. TZ posion zombies or TZ-Ps are the most dangerous due to there ability to throw headcrabs. Again, headcrabs can infect and they only need to get near you to infect you. While it is unknown how much HP headcrabs have they have been shown to be very strong and hard to kill.

There are two ways to counter the T-virus. In the entities, there is a protection tab that has in it a hazmat. Putting this on allows you to be near any TZ or infected without being infected yourself. Another way is by using the cure in the chemicals tabs. It works the same way as the T-virus. Drop it on the floor and everyone near it is cured. Unfortunately, after about a minute of being infected, the cure won't work.

For how effective this T-virus can depend on the map itself. What matters about the map is its size, how its structured and how good its AI nodes are. Big open maps are where TZ - Fs rule unless the big maps have bad or no AI nodes. Cramped maps like are foundation can be great for poison and regular zombies and even big boss zombies who can block one-way hallways. There spread may usually consist of players who are infected moving to areas that are not infected then spreading that infection there. It also depends on how many players there are and what game mode it is. Sandbox servers do not need to worry about the T-virus with the ability to noclip. But darkRp servers might shit their pants when this boy starts walking in unless that server only has 12 players. If the map is like ours where every door is a button press then the only way the infection can travel is through players being infected traveling to none-infected areas.

I've made a demonstration video of the T-virus in action here. Not the best video I made but hopefully it will get you a better idea of what it can do. Theres a revive addon I had on that video so ignore the parts where the TZs are attacking dead NPCs. That's not what they do. This is also just testing on NPCs

Now I am gonna ask you guys what you think would happen if this was released into the foundation. I'm gonna brainstorm some scenarios later. I think its gonna be a catastrophe if the admins don't handle it right. [Like they will ever use this.] If they did they would have to nuke it. It would be more interesting than just a bunch of zombies being spawned in. Who knows, maybe I'm hyping this up a little too much on how dangerous it is. Have a good night.

Edited by Private Marksmen

Back when I was a part of the event team, the T-Virus was on this server (not gonna flex but it was because of my suggestion). Anyways, we quickly figured out that this was a mistake because there’s a glitch on this server that makes the zombies that spawn invincible and the server has to be restarted. I think it’d be very interesting to see if this happened. 

With the new added SCP-008 SWEP, it's as close as we will get to the T-virus. (If you were there tonight, you know why its NEVER coming in)

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

9 hours ago, Hoovy said:

With the new added SCP-008 SWEP, it's as close as we will get to the T-virus. (If you were there tonight, you know why its NEVER coming in)

Never. PLEASE PLEASE DONT. IT GOT TOO OUT OF CONTROL. please fix the swep so it doesn't spawn more canisters. I don't want another one in d-block hallway again plz. 

Hoovy. I now will have ptsd if i see a zombie. I will all ways scream at it and shoot it to death.  🤕🤕😰😰

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

16 hours ago, October said:

Back when I was a part of the event team, the T-Virus was on this server (not gonna flex but it was because of my suggestion). Anyways, we quickly figured out that this was a mistake because there’s a glitch on this server that makes the zombies that spawn invincible and the server has to be restarted. I think it’d be very interesting to see if this happened. 

Was this glitch a one time thing or does this always happen when spawning zombies?

5 hours ago, Private Marksmen said:

Was this glitch a one time thing or does this always happen when spawning zombies?

It was consistent when spawned by the T-virus as to make NPC’s not-invincible, IIRC, event team has to change a setting when they spawn them that only effects what they spawn, though I could be wrong. 

15 minutes ago, October said:

It was consistent when spawned by the T-virus as to make NPC’s not-invincible, IIRC, event team has to change a setting when they spawn them that only effects what they spawn, though I could be wrong. 

If the glitch was fixed would you think they bring it back in for an event or something?

12 minutes ago, Igneous said:

I would be lying to you if I told you that we haven't released the actual GBombs T-Virus onto the server before.

LMAO I remember that!!!

Never again!!!!!

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

18 minutes ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

I don't remember much other than they become zombies and they were really hard to kill, but I'll put it like this:

The virus is a chemical that gets put into the air and everything close it it gets infected. After a certain amount of time, the infected things die and a zombie is spawned replacing them. Everything that is killed by the zombies become a zombie. The concept itself is okay, and if it wasn't bugged, I'm pretty sure GL would still have T-Virus, but there was a glitch.

The glitch, in question, made the zombies just straight up unkillable. There was nothing you could do about it. The only thing you could do is restart the server. The server that I played on used t-virus and the zombies killed almost everyone on the server and they had to contact the owner to get him to restart the server.

That took awhile....

So if you were on that server with me, you'd realize how much of a clusterfuck that situation was.

Wanna know what sucked? Since there was so much zombies on that server, the zombies just kept on spawn killing. Even the anti spawn killing thing didn't work against them I believe.

TZs spawn with 1000 HP in not 10000 if they spawn as bosses. Maybe you thought they were impossible to kill simply because they were really hard to kill.

12 hours ago, Private Marksmen said:

TZs spawn with 1000 HP in not 10000 if they spawn as bosses. Maybe you thought they were impossible to kill simply because they were really hard to kill.

We knew this going in, we dropped the actual nuke entity on them and they continued living. 

• Bread locked this topic