Steam Name: Soureadiet

Ingame Name: Soureadiet

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:42670482 -- [U:1:85340965] -- 76561198045606693

Ban Length: 24 Hours.

Admin that Banned you: GL Rookieblue STEAM_0:1:42428330

Reason for Ban: Prop Spawn / Prop Blocking

Dispute: [SCP-RP Server]  I did not break any rules listed here:

I did spawn props, but they did not affect any other player. SCPs are ALLOWED to spawn props, from what I understand from the rules posted on the forums. The props that I spawned did NOT block any other player from a room or hallway. I stepped away at the time that I got banned, so I am not even certain why I got into trouble. Additionally, I don't feel it's fair to receive both a ban AND a warn. You don't pay a ticket IRL and then go to jail for it, too. (Normally.)
I don't think that it's fair that I be punished so severely as a first-time offense, either.

You arent suppose to be spawning props.

You also lack evidence for your claims.

Also need Rookies input.

- Support for me though.

It's really not worth appealing a 24 hour ban as it will prob be over way before SMT even look at this.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

While on the server I noticed that you had been spawning numerous props as SCP 035. Upon investigation, I discovered that you had spawned in props that you used to fully encase SCP 035's case, which you were crouched inside. These props blocked anyone from being able to get to you inside the case and constitute prop blocking of a spawn area, which is prohibited. When I attempted to speak with you about this, you failed to respond and appeared to be AFK. I issued a warning for prop spawning as a SCP, prop blocking a spawn area, and issued a one day ban from the server, which is set to expire in approximately 2 hours from the time of this post. 

Regarding the warning and ban, formal warnings are required to document incidents that necessitate a ban, jail, job blacklist, or any other type of enforcement action. This allows staff to be able to track misconduct easily on the server. Please see the Gaminglight Staff Handbook, which requires to usage of a formal warning alongside other types of sanctions. To use your example, if you get a ticket IRL, it shows up on your record, which is the warning. The ban would be whatever the fine amount you have to pay is.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

🤝
57 minutes ago, Dredgen said:

Also need Rookies input.

- Support for me though.

It's really not worth appealing a 24 hour ban as it will prob be over way before SMT even look at this.

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

To Rookieblue,

• The props around the case that I was in were meant as an RP scenario to show that I was trapped inside the cage. I was attempting to set up an RP scenario where someone would come in and attempt to free me from the cage. Additionally, that is NOT a spawn area. It also did not prop block any other player. 

To Dredgen, 

• "General Rules 12: Do not spawn props to block doorways or hallways, and do not block doorways with your character." I did not block a doorway or a hallway.
  • "Class Specific Rules\All Players: You should only use props to enhance an RP situation. Never make doors, walls, checkpoints, use props to attempt to glitch through areas, etc. An example of an appropriate use of props would be adding props to a SCP containment cell to simulate Class-D bones." I used props to enhance an RP situation. I did not wall other players off, create a checkpoint, et cetera.

I did not break a single rule listed on that webpage.
I also don't see it fair to treat this as a "guilty until proven innocent" scenario. I don't know how to produce evidence that I didn't break a rule.

57 minutes ago, Soureadiet said:

To Rookieblue,

• The props around the case that I was in were meant as an RP scenario to show that I was trapped inside the cage.

You know what also shows that you're trapped in a cage and doesn't prevent people from seeing or being able to interact with you? The glass cage that exists in the cell.

58 minutes ago, Soureadiet said:

To Rookieblue,

• Additionally, that is NOT a spawn area. It also did not prop block any other player. 

SCP 035's mask literally spawns there. The room is SCP 035's Containment Cell, which is where the character spawns. Your props prevent anyone from being able to interact with the cage, you, and SCP 035's mask had you not been playing that SCP at the time.

59 minutes ago, Soureadiet said:

To Dredgen, 

• "Class Specific Rules\All Players: You should only use props to enhance an RP situation. Never make doors, walls, checkpoints, use props to attempt to glitch through areas, etc. An example of an appropriate use of props would be adding props to a SCP containment cell to simulate Class-D bones." I used props to enhance an RP situation. I did not wall other players off, create a checkpoint, et cetera.

Except you did, because literally no one could actually access you because you were completely walled off.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Seems like you broke the rules and deserved the punishment, which is up to the staff member's discretion on what to issue. A warning and a ban is standard and in this case, well deserved.

You not only prop blocked SCP-035's cage which is already blocked by physical map properties to simulate a cage which is what it is, but you also went afk. This prevented people from getting to you, which walled you off from other players. Thus you broke the rules and got punished. The mind-numbing thing is that you don't seem to understand the reason why you were banned which is extremely amusing to me as you try and rationalize what you did as not breaking any rules.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

2 hours ago, th3 said:

Seems like you broke the rules and deserved the punishment, which is up to the staff member's discretion on what to issue. A warning and a ban is standard and in this case, well deserved.

You not only prop blocked SCP-035's cage which is already blocked by physical map properties to simulate a cage which is what it is, but you also went afk. This prevented people from getting to you, which walled you off from other players. Thus you broke the rules and got punished. The mind-numbing thing is that you don't seem to understand the reason why you were banned which is extremely amusing to me as you try and rationalize what you did as not breaking any rules.

I give up. You win. I'm just some scumbag from the internet.

6 hours ago, Dredgen said:

Also need Rookies input.

- Support for me though.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif