Government Addon Suggestion - Denied

TheJayden

What you want to see? - New 911 system and some additions to the government that comes with it

Why should we add it? - It adds more realism because with this you can call certain emergency services, built in higher quality panic button, police calls, a radio (dosent actually work for communications from what I know but it's used to bring up the menu) & much more stuff.

What are the advantages of having this? - Adds more realism to the server  ( I know this is a Semi-SeriousRP server but it's not a CAD/MDT or anything it's a simple 911 system with some other features.)

Who is it mainly for? - Government

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/911-emergency-response-1 // https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1930337850

(Yeah I know you guys are gonna say "It's going to lag the server" or something like that but it seems more lightweight than most addons.)
(The configs are extremely easy to setup too.) And from what I know you can setup as many 911/department menus!

Edited by TheJayden

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

+support

This is really cool but as with the car,radar gun or anything else im sure it won't be added because we are a "semi" serious server and that would bring to much RP to our COD server.

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI

+support
Will bring a lot more RP to server and ad more description when it comes to 911 calls and a more realistic radio which would be cool so you can notify with typing or speaking. Also dispatch would be able to take over the 911 system with more detail and give more info to officers.

PD SGT|SS SSA|CAT SPC|SWAT PFC|EMS EMT|STATE TROOPER|DISPATCH|PoliceRP Member Since December 2019

CONNOR

5 hours ago, cdmayberry said:

+support
Will bring a lot more RP to server and ad more description when it comes to 911 calls and a more realistic radio which would be cool so you can notify with typing or speaking. Also dispatch would be able to take over the 911 system with more detail and give more info to officers.

6 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

+support

This is really cool but as with the car,radar gun or anything else im sure it won't be added because we are a "semi" serious server and that would bring to much RP to our COD server.

+ support 

Would give dispatch something to do 

and we can finally have RP for police to police that is ...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

33 minutes ago, Echo said:

+ support 

Would give dispatch something to do 

and we can finally have RP for police to police that is ...

Would love to see this +support

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

I have been looking into this for the past week. However, you know if doing this, it would most likely remove the current radio system. So no more voice radio? Also where do you see an option for dispatch? This takes dispatch out of the picture.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

48 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I have been looking into this for the past week. However, you know if doing this, it would most likely remove the current radio system. So no more voice radio? Also where do you see an option for dispatch? This takes dispatch out of the picture.

Teamspeak! The stuff we are always supposed to be on could be used as radio,dispatch all of that stuff

From what I understand there is no actual voice radio, the radio is just to open the menu and stuff ect 

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

10 minutes ago, Burboon boi said:

Teamspeak! The stuff we are always supposed to be on could be used as radio,dispatch all of that stuff

We could but most of the police officers are still not online in TS and other depts are in other channels for other reasons. So idk.

1 minute ago, TheJayden said:

From what I understand there is no actual voice radio, the radio is just to open the menu and stuff ect 

Yes that is the reason why I am asking if we remove the voice ingame radio. 

PoliceRP Manager

17 minutes ago, Matthew said:

We could but most of the police officers are still not online in TS and other depts are in other channels for other reasons. So idk.

Yes that is the reason why I am asking if we remove the voice ingame radio. 

13 minutes ago, Max Holland said:

All gov in one ts would be extremely bad, if there’s some way we can have this and the radio I’m down however loosing the radio will effect how we play 

That's why dispatch would be even more usefull! Navigating through all the channels do dispatch people to areas,maybe have a few rooms to divy up gov,lets say 12 people per channel. Dispatch would be more useful, more popular,and be easier to handle,and with the people not in ts,if you arent in TS you dont get help. Its as simple as that(with the people have a couple tac in one have reg in it stuff like that)

Edited by Burboon boi

Well one thing is that in the configs (from what I can see) is that you can add multiple 911 categories so you could call 911 > then press the dispatch one and then do what you need to do then dispatch can direct everyone from there. Then when dispatch is offline there can be another option that says call this when dispatch is offline or something like that.

15 minutes ago, TheJayden said:

Well one thing is that in the configs (from what I can see) is that you can add multiple 911 categories so you could call 911 > then press the dispatch one and then do what you need to do then dispatch can direct everyone from there. Then when dispatch is offline there can be another option that says call this when dispatch is offline or something like that.

So it’s possible to have the radio too? Because all we really need from this is to run the plates, and for people to call 911 other than that the rest can be done over radio 

14 minutes ago, TheJayden said:

That is an option. Also not exactly how it works but lol. I know a way to do it. 

26 minutes ago, soulness said:

-support 

only +support if we don’t remove radio 

radio is needed 

It’s really cool, but can we not keep the radio?

We will see. I just don't see a point of radio is we add a system like this. 

21 minutes ago, TheJayden said:

Actually it won't work. Bc then dispatch can only see where he 911 is and the police wont and etc. 

PoliceRP Manager

58 minutes ago, Matthew said:

That is an option. Also not exactly how it works but lol. I know a way to do it. 

We will see. I just don't see a point of radio is we add a system like this. 

Actually it won't work. Bc then dispatch can only see where he 911 is and the police wont and etc. 

It’s really only for the civilians who want to call 911. So like technically speaking we can keep the radio and not really use anything else 

+support This looks like an amaizing addon hwever, if it removes voice radio and dispatch is it worth it?

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

2 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

+support 
True no PD is ever on team speak like they’re supposed to be

also dispatch is never on anyways maybe once a month a dispatch is on for an hour

+Support

I think it would be a great thing to try, more realism sounds amazing, and I think that if we were to lose the radio it wouldn’t be crushing to government. In all honesty there have been times where I don’t use radio at all and my patrols are just fine.

spacer.png

• Head Admin
3 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

I think it would be a great thing to try, more realism sounds amazing, and I think that if we were to lose the radio it wouldn’t be crushing to government. In all honesty there have been times where I don’t use radio at all and my patrols are just fine.

i agree but this means that dispatch is useless +/-

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

7 hours ago, Zero X said:

+support 
True no PD is ever on team speak like they’re supposed to be

also dispatch is never on anyways maybe once a month a dispatch is on for an hour

Well the reason dispatch hasn't been on lately is because there hasn't been many PD on when there is a lot of people on so that is something that needs to be fixed is we need PD on when there is a lot of people.

PD SGT|SS SSA|CAT SPC|SWAT PFC|EMS EMT|STATE TROOPER|DISPATCH|PoliceRP Member Since December 2019

CONNOR

5 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

But if it removes radio though, -support because We need radio and ts wont work out and how will dispatch move to different rooms? Some rooms have passwords on it

Edited by K1LLER

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4