Should be required to use turn signals - Denied

Quangasaurusrex

7 hours ago, 123brandonma said:

Some people dont know how to use vcmod 

19 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:
On 3/2/2020 at 6:02 PM, Quangasaurusrex said:

And before anyone goes "Oh not everyone knows how to do it", that's the whole point of a traffic stop - TEACHING THEM. Not everyone knows how to turn on their headlights and yet we can pull over for that.

7 hours ago, 123brandonma said:

plus is this really needed?

by this logic, no laws are needed.

1 hour ago, Zero X said:

I am not using a blinker every single turn I take

That doesn't mean the law doesn't apply to you. It is required by law.

4 hours ago, th3 said:

It lags me when I use Vcmod so I’ll just eat the ticket

That's the whole point of the suggestion. We can't pull you over or ticket you is the problem.

5 hours ago, Hannah King said:

just pull them over anyways   you dont need this   whole suggestion   if some ones breaking  road laws lmaoo if i was you i would delete this because you can pull people over for this and ticket them 

We can't.

4 minutes ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

by this logic, no laws are needed.

That doesn't mean the law doesn't apply to you. It is required by law.

That's the whole point of the suggestion. We can't pull you over or ticket you is the problem.

We can't.

Idk who said you can't do this because I've seen command members of state.  And pd also does this, so who ever told you can't do it doesn't really know what they can or can't do on duty,

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

53 minutes ago, Hannah King said:

so who ever told you can't do it doesn't really know what they can or can't do on duty,

Alton, (and according to him) Myan, and Matthew.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, Masterson said:

I mean a good bit of government dont use headlights when its night... and thats pretty easy to figure out.. so turnsignals. If gov can't do it, citizens shouldn't be required to do it either.

Just because everyone does something wrong does not mean it is correct to do.

thats really odd of them to  say that 

59 minutes ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

ill go with +support

-support

How many times you been pulled over  for not using turn signal?

It is a law but it isnt enforced. Some poeple dont know how to use them. They dont work for others. And I can guarentee that you'll never see me pull over someone for not using turn signal. There are too many mass shootings/ robberies/etc. to care

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

19 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

It is a law but it isnt enforced.

because we cant

And I can guarentee that you'll never see me pull over someone for not using turn signal.

Just because you don't do it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't be allowed to

There are too many mass shootings/ robberies/etc. to care

Not everyone is a TAC unit.

+/- Support

• Yes, it could add realism.
  • Could encourage people to stop driving recklessly.
  • Glitchy/Difficult for some to use.
  • As th3 mentioned, it does spike lag for the user.

In conclusion, yes it does add realism and RP. The biggest issues being with lag, and glitches in VCMod.

• 8 hours ago, Hannah King said:

just pull them over anyways   you dont need this   whole suggestion   if some ones breaking  road laws lmaoo if i was you i would delete this because you can pull people over for this and ticket them 

Also, just informing you that you are not allowed to pull over people for this set by State and Police Command. Some PD members have been warned (by command verbally) for handing out tickets for this offense.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, [GL] Game Theorist said:

+/- Support

• Yes, it could add realism.
  • Could encourage people to stop driving recklessly.
  • Glitchy/Difficult for some to use.
  • As th3 mentioned, it does spike lag for the user.

In conclusion, yes it does add realism and RP. The biggest issues being with lag, and glitches in VCMod.

• Also, just informing you that you are not allowed to pull over people for this set by State and Police Command. Some PD members have been warned (by command verbally) for handing out tickets for this offense.

Well damn  idk when they changed it I'm use to old rules🤦🏻‍♀️

22 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

What has my name been brought into?

Ex. Dep Comm

-support 

ill use my turn signals but due to lag it won't pop up for others so don't 

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

13 minutes ago, CPL Blue Bird 1D34 said:

-support 

ill use my turn signals but due to lag it won't pop up for others so don't 

This is the same with headlights, and police lights.

We can pull over for headlights, and we still need to yield to lights.

If lag causes it to not pop up

And it should not be a rule

Therefore we should not have to yield or pull over for police.

10 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

This is the same with headlights, and police lights.

We can pull over for headlights, and we still need to yield to lights.

If lag causes it to not pop up

And it should not be a rule

Therefore we should not have to yield or pull over for police.

agreed

lol

wish we were immune

lights, headlights activate better, when turn signals blink they do it in a weird way, that's how VC mod made them sooo. what ya gonna do

police lights work fine as well as sirens

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

On 3/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, Quangasaurusrex said:

Therefore we should not have to yield or pull over for police

Im sorry but how the hell have you brought this isnto a suggestion about using turn signals. Policerp is where government try to reduce crime. Not using a turn signal is a tickitable offence. I honestly don't see why you are suggesting this. And why on earth would you even  bring up not yielding for police, that coming from a PD CPT. Sorry but you have some ridiculous comparing skills

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

+ Support.

- I’ve always pulled people over for any sort of light infractions and never had any issues, I assume this is a PD high command decision? And not a SMT decision? Because as State we are trained to pull people over for even the littlest things, never even heard of this rule. So it’s not enforced by state high command if it is a thing 

Sorry but you have some ridiculous comparing skills

The point about not being able to see the turn signals is one of the reasons why its being - supported. And some people can't see the police lights so by the same logic people shouldn't have to yield to them. How is that a bad comparison?

just informing you that you are not allowed to pull over people for this set by State and Police Command.

State does not enforce this if it is a rule.  At least I have never done it as a Captain or seen it ever happen.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

+ Support.

- I’ve always pulled people over for any sort of light infractions and never had any issues, I assume this is a PD high command decision? And not a SMT decision? Because as State we are trained to pull people over for even the littlest things, never even heard of this rule. So it’s not enforced by state high command if it is a thing 

The point about not being able to see the turn signals is one of the reasons why its being - supported. And some people can't see the police lights so by the same logic people shouldn't have to yield to them. How is that a bad comparison?

State does not enforce this if it is a rule.  At least I have never done it as a Captain or seen it ever happen.

It’s a Roleplay server in which we help teach players to learn traffic laws, rules, etc. If they can’t indicated (which basically everyone can because it’s a VCMOD issue if you can’t), then sorry for you? 

Changing to a + Support, reasons above as well.

Edited by Ender

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 3/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

+Support

I'm fine with this being added so long as people teach those that don't yet know how to operate them. 

I have been pulling people over for this anyways....

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ender said:

-Support

I think honestly it should be optional. Gmod can get laggy and choppy at times to where someone may not even render the turn signals anyway. 

Extremely good idea though.

Good luck! 

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor