Harmonica's Staff Ban Appeal

1. Steam Name:

- harmonica

2. In game Name:

- SF Blackbird SL Harmonica 1987 / Apprentice Harmonica

3. SteamID:

- STEAM_0:1:110219969

4. Have you donated to the server?

- I have not. I won the Lord giveaway yesterday though.

5. Staff Restriction Length:

- Permanent...

6. Staff Member that Staff Restricted you:

- Zeeptin.

7. Reason for Staff Restriction:

- I called Zeeptin 'dad' in OOC. That's it.

8. Why do you think that your Staff Restriction should be removed? (longer the better): 

- I really don't know what I was expecting. The people I've met on Imperial RP are pretty chill and OOC just seems like a way to have a casual convo and sometimes joke around. People who've met me and have talked to me on the server could say that I do joke around occasionally, but I never cross the line. I'm known by some for playing the harmonica, but have stopped due to the fact that it breaks rules and I've been told not to; it's a fun instrument that I'd say I've gotten used to after 3 to 4 years of playing it, and I'd say that my skill distinguishes it from other people who do it to annoy or to make random noises. I'm a dedicated person, and if I put my mind into something, I'd say I'd be able to accomplish what I want to do. I've been active and dedicated to my job as a starfighter, and I've gotten up to the rank of Squad Lead. I wouldn't want to lose all the engagement I've had with the community and it's staff just because of an exchange of 2 to 3 sentences. I never said more than 3 words.

On February 28th, I was on the server at 11:30ish when Zeeptin came on. People who have been on during downtime know the vibe of when the server is quiet and the few people online gather to pass the time. There was an XP problem and he said he would fix it. Jokingly, I said "Thanks dad". Most people wouldn't take offense to that, but I admit I read the whole situation all wrong and I responded jokingly again with a 'no'. I speak two languages and I'm a proud cuban, and in our spanish dialect, and in my culture, its natural to fuck around with people, its just how we are. If I knew I was crossing the line, however, I would've stopped. But unfortunately, things ended up the way they are. This exchange got me a permanent staff restriction. I knew then that I wouldn't cause any more drama than you already see in the screenshots and people have told me to make an appeal. It actually hurts when people say that I'm a minge, when all I really do what the average player does, just in addition to the harmonica playing in the past. Yes, I have good notoriety with most people, but there are some who think that I don't take things seriously.

I was really planning to eventually go for staff when I established my squad in SF, but this is a huge roadbump. I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry if it offended Zeeptin, or if anyone else was bothered by it.

Before you look into my warn history, all of them predate when I joined Imperial RP, an I'd say some are from 2018. But now that I'm dedicated to roleplay, I don't see why any of this should dictate my character as it has been for the last couple of months. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

I can confidently say that there will be a good group of people who can vouch for me on this.

As I referenced before, attached are the screenshots of the only words spoken.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

-Support It seems that in the pictures looking at it he didn't like it and thought it was weird. Cant really go against him as he is the owner of the server. Plus he said in there he cant stand it when people do it. Sorry but if he restricted you he is the owner and basically is the king of kings with that's stuff. He also stated he doesn't want people being staff who call people dad I suggest you calm down on goofing around too much on the server because it can lead to stuff like that plus as staff you are suppost to be professional on the server at all times.

Retired Medical Vice Commander/Retired Head of Research

If Zeeptin doesn’t want you being staff then it’s a moot point trying to appeal.

While you may think it’s a joke, it was actually such an issue in the past that a post was created about it. 

As a former SMT member I banned or punished players who called me dad, as it was weird and very uncomfortable. Especially staff members.

Zeeptin issued a warning which is just an alternate way to mark down a staff restriction especially when it’s ironclad on who issued it. Just be happy you weren’t banned as well and keep in mind that while you may find it funny, it’s fucking disturbing to be called dad by anyone who isn’t related to you. I think the punishment is suitable especially since it will make sure other people don’t repeat the same behavior.

Edited by th3

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

Wow. Yeah, I will go ahead and reverse this warn. With your warns you aren't even gonna be able to get staff anyway.

ALSO, you didn't get staff restricted for calling me dad. You got staff restricted for saying no to me. 

Don't need people who can't follow instruction on my staff team. Go to Icefuse for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Huge -Support

yeah no thanks

ImperialRP Staff of The Month (January 2020)

-Support

Yeah, uh I don't think there's a way to get this one appealed anyways

TheJayden | PoliceRP PD Major | Delta Squad Master Sergeant | Admin | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

People have called me mom, it's weird af.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

- Support

It's just weird, no, just- no. 

-Ender | EMS Command State CPT | S.W.A.T SGT PoliceRP Administrator & TS Support I | PoliceRP Event Team

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”― Dr. Seuss

Doesn't really seem like you care -Support

harm.png.c85f2658d6fd24102163df0797d9911f.png

MilitaryRP Head of event team
RU Lieutenant General | 31st VCMDR 

Posted (edited)

I mean he did say he was gonna reverse the warn

On 2/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, Zeeptin said:

Wow. Yeah, I will go ahead and reverse this warn.

And he said anyway with your warns it won’t matter either way of becoming staff 

Edited by John Afro

-Support

Hello Harmonica,

Like Zeeptin said, who would want to be call dad or mum etc, It's just weird. When someone says not do that something, don't say "No" especially when it comes from management. Like other's are saying, your warns must be pretty high and which means, it'll be hard for you to become staff. Looking at that screenshot WiN sent, it looks like you don't even care about this appeal or whatever happened in that situation. Don't appeal something, that you're just going to joke around and not care.

I don't have much to say, but just respect others and respect the Gaminglight Community, we're a friendly community where everyone is treated with respect and kindness. People don't come on here to be called 'Dad' or 'Mum', it's just weird and uncomfortable for them. Yeah, you might think a perma staff restriction is harsh but you need to think, people don't come on here to be called that stuff and when someone says "Don't call me that" you simply say "Sorry, I won't do it again" it's so simple. Think before you say, that's all I got to say.

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! Just remember, respect the Gaminglight community and others around you, think before you act/say. Just simple things you need to learn and fix your mistakes.

Kind Regards

Munchies

4/03/2020

• Like 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

Hello, again.
I have talked to some people outside of the forums and I've decided I'm not gonna let this go unexplained. I considered this report closed and set in stone once Zeeptin gave his two cents, and I guess I just called it a day at that point. I know this may or may not be ethical or usual to comment on your own report, but I guess I need to get this out there.

As far as I'm concerned, I knew that I wasn't going to get any semblance of hope for getting this warn removed, let alone get staff, and I'd like to talk to some of you more; I've learnt that the type of people that are on ImperialRP likely dont reflect the level at which the SMT treats their community, and I should have known that.

11 hours ago, Munchies said:

-Support

Hello Harmonica,

Like Zeeptin said, who would want to be call dad or mum etc, It's just weird. When someone says not do that something, don't say "No" especially when it comes from management. Like other's are saying, your warns must be pretty high and which means, it'll be hard for you to become staff. Looking at that screenshot WiN sent, it looks like you don't even care about this appeal or whatever happened in that situation. Don't appeal something, that you're just going to joke around and not care.

I don't have much to say, but just respect others and respect the Gaminglight Community, we're a friendly community where everyone is treated with respect and kindness. People don't come on here to be called 'Dad' or 'Mum', it's just weird and uncomfortable for them. Yeah, you might think a perma staff restriction is harsh but you need to think, people don't come on here to be called that stuff and when someone says "Don't call me that" you simply say "Sorry, I won't do it again" it's so simple. Think before you say, that's all I got to say.

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! Just remember, respect the Gaminglight community and others around you, think before you act/say. Just simple things you need to learn and fix your mistakes.

Kind Regards

Munchies

4/03/2020

Munchies, I want to say thank you for the very well thought and professional response you gave. Very sensible and easy to understand. It really addressed everything that seemed to be important, and not once did I feel like you shot me down or intimidated me. It really goes a long way, rather than just posting a bluntly worded, extremely judgeful, and even hurtful response for something that took place in under 1 minute. I'm human too, you know.. We fuck up sometimes.

As for my previous warns, although a long time ago, they're still there and they're going to stay there. I understand the gravity of 14 warns (I mean, holy shit...)  and I can't do anything but stick to what I'm doing right now within RP. I understand everything that comes my way is warranted.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, WiN said:

Doesn't really seem like you care -Support

harm.png.c85f2658d6fd24102163df0797d9911f.png

Then there's this. In a way, you could say I don't care, yes, because at this point, I know none of you would want me on staff. Ever. Honestly, if you were this hopeless, why would anyone care?

But that's okay and you have the right to have your opinion. I realistically wouldn't fit in anyway, and that's fine.

Like I said earlier, realistically, the odds are not on my side. I couldn't help but joke. What that screenshot doesn't show, is there was a gamemaster needing some 'special' people for an event, and I just felt like saying that. Since I didn't want to talk about appeals, that was my only way of even getting noticed. Don't go on thinking it was just out of the blue like that. It still doesnt justify it being said in the first place.

I could've deleted this post seeing as I already lost, but I wanted to hear everyone out.

One thing is being a staff member, saying what needs to be said. There are times where people need to say 'you fucked up and there are consequences for your actions.'

But to just tell me to fuck off and not help me grow from the situation is just fucked, in my opinion; I get that what I said was messed up, but I don't think any hate should come out of it. This kind of deeply frustrated me, but I just have to suck it up at this point. I'm fine with it and I've come to terms with it.

Thank you for reading this far, and I appreciate all feedback.

-Support

You have to look at this from Zeeptin's POV. People call him things like this all the time and it can get really annoying.

And you also said no to him which is a big no no.

Retired PRP SA

DT PFC [Redacted] / Shock 1SG

-support

just no...

|PD LTEMR| Senior mod| Delta Squad Staff sergeant| Support 1| "Mark my words" bird 2020

-Support

dis shiet is weird 

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

+support

It’s rlly not that deep he came off as disrespectful and didn’t mean it

He isn’t a minge hence why he’s SF commander

he would be a good staff member

-SCHOCK CPT CONNOR

Quite Loitering last warning

On 3/3/2020 at 10:12 PM, Munchies said:

-Support

Hello Harmonica,

Kind Regards

Munchies (Or shaw idk this is his quote that I'm reposting)

4/03/2020

E-11 SSGT/JFTO Was DoURS For A Second | SCP-RP Moderator