Test with SCP-173

Spice1

Lore Name: Spice

SCP: SCP-173

Question / Idea: Does SCP-173 have sentience or emotion?

Background Research: We all know its a statue, we don't know what causes it to move, but generally things that move are living. It also excretes waste, though it doesn't need any food to survive.

Hypothesis: It would not react to the comments made about it, and proceed to kill at random.

Observations (What Happened During Test): I brought three (3) Class - D Personnel into SCP-173's containment cell after briefing them on what they are supposed to do. One of the Class - D was told to compliment SCP-173, the other was told to insult SCP-173, and the third was told to do nothing, as a control variable. When we entered SCP-173's Containment cell, the class - D that was instructed to insult SCP-173 refused, this resulted in his termination and we continued the test. The 2 Class - D Remaining was the one who complimented SCP-173, and the one who didn't do anything. We all looked away from SCP-173 and he severed the vertebrae of the Class - D who was complimenting him. We ended the test and returned the Class - D to his cell.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli (N/A if unable/none): N/A

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): I assume SCP-173 did not react to the comments made about him due to one major factor. SCP-173 does not require any nutrients to sustain itself. This means it cannot be living as all cells require food to live. It is possible that SCP-173 killed the D - Class complimenting him first, because he thought he was "sucking up to him." This is a possibility and the test will be redone with all 3 D - Class participating in the experiment.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: Initially I predicted that SCP-173 would react to the comments, but after realizing that it most likely is not a living organism, I quickly changed my mind. Yes, my hypothesis was correct. For now.

Grade: (A) (96%)

Test Quality: Quality

Lore: 20/20: You followed the lore good here, stating that it kills at random.

Creativity: 19/20: Not the craziest test I've seen so far, but the creativity is good.

Presentation: 18/20: Was very easy to grade and read, overall a good presentation.

Writing: 39/40: I saw no incomplete sentences and little to no spelling errors.

Current:  CI COL CI RND SVA Proud Rho 36 Shaman and Rho 36 "Infiltrator" Group Vanguard 
Former:
MTF E11 LTCOL A1 2LT SF Aphrodite Z36 | STF D4 Ares BA4 | Banana Fridge
image_2022-05-22_140652598.png.a43e32322881c9c08e9e8cc14a119ee4.png