Rocco Rex's Super Admin App- Denied

Rocco_Rex

What is your in-game name?: IC COM 1138 Boss

What is your steam name?:[GL] Rocco_Rex

What is your steam ID?:STEAM_0:0:433247298

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I was staff on the PRP server for about 6 months before I transferred to IRP

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Late May or early June of last year

What date did you make your forums account? June 29 2019

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Admin/GM/Patron

How many warns do you have on the server? 2, one of which was because I went to use bathroom and younger brother decided to have fun

Have you donated? Yes, I got Patron when server was first launched on day 2 I believe

What rank are you applying for? Super Admin

Have you read the staff guidelines at

You will be tested on it: Yes. Many, many times. Including the updated one

Timezone: CST

Permission (Admin+ need this):

Hotshot (IRP Manager)

Adam (IRP HOS)

Beckett (IRP Super Admin)

Calamity (PRP Super Admin)
Mikey (PRP Super Admin)

Campbell (IRP Super Admin)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length) TLDR: I love the server, wish to do my best for it, and have and will defend it and the players to the best of my ability

I love this server and the player base. This server has so much potential and I want to be there for every moment doing as much as I can for it and the community. Vast majority of my free time is spent on the server (typing this up inbetween sits) and when I see in staff Discord something is going on (raid, broken spawns, etc.) I hop on if possible and if I cant at that moment, get on first chance to help with whatever is needed. In my opinion, I have proved that I can be trusted to handle sits, players, and staff justly and fairly, even if others wish to take action which is too harsh or too lenient. I have never had a report about me accepted either on IRP and, to the best of my knowledge, none from PRP either except for accidentally warning wrong person (IE 2 Johnnys and it warns wrong one). There are also many staff members who already come to me for questions and advice. Whenever someone is minging, I take care of them as needed and if someone is continually minging I keep a close eye on them, going as far as spectating them for quite a while. My leadership has been proved not only as staff but also as commander of the Imperial Commandos, bringing them back from ruin, and as EMS command on the PRP server. I'd say I've proven I'm here for the long haul and have an excellent record. 

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

There are many, many ways this could branch out, I'll go through a couple of them. Id start off TPing them to me asking them why they're MRDMing. Id give them a couple chances to calm down before gagging them and asking again why they are killing everyone. If they continue cussing without being willing to talk, I'd warn them for MRDM, mass staff diss, NITRP, and anything else applicable. I would then ban them depending on how many warns for what they have, but they would be banned for no less than 3 days. If they calmed down and we had a chat, they'd still get the above warning as well as a short ban. Best case scenario they'd get a ban of 1 hour and that's if they had a pretty dog gone good excuse. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

+Support

When Rocco was a PoliceRP Staff Member, Rocco was considered one of the best. He was hard working, mature in-game, well knowledgeable and a good guy. He was always online on PoliceRP and was on duty a lot. When he was on staff, he was hanging out with other PoliceRP staff members and making them laugh, he has good communication skills and I personally believe he is fit for this rank! Hopefully his skills transferred to ImperialRP. Good luck Rocco!

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

17 hours ago, Matthew said:

+Support

When Rocco was a PoliceRP Staff Member, Rocco was considered one of the best. He was hard working, mature in-game, well knowledgeable and a good guy. He was always online on PoliceRP and was on duty a lot. When he was on staff, he was hanging out with other PoliceRP staff members and making them laugh, he has good communication skills and I personally believe he is fit for this rank! Hopefully his skills transferred to ImperialRP. Good luck Rocco!

Rocco U deserve

this position and I hope you get it  one of the most  chill  staff members I know

• Like 1

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

17 hours ago, Matthew said:

+Support

+Support (Reasons Above)

• Like 1

Retired Medical Vice Commander/Retired Head of Research

+/ - Support 

+he's on a lot 

+ he will probably do well in this rank 

- You can be VERY immature at times and somewhat disrespectful 

-You tend to be somewhat biased in sit as most of the sits ive seen you do with IC invoved (The batalion you run) the IC always wins sometimes even when there is little to no proof of the offences 

- Sometimes you target spesific people if they do something you dont like you target them.

- you also start some arguments in staff chat which is something a SA candidate should not be doing as we should be setting an example to the lower ranks.

Good Luck Rocco.

1 hour ago, Hunt said:

+/ - Support 

+he's on a lot 

-You tend to be somewhat biased in sit as most of the sits ive seen you do with IC invoved (The batalion you run) the IC always wins sometimes even when there is little to no proof of the offences 

- Sometimes you target spesific people if they do something you dont like you target them.

- you also start some arguments in staff chat which is something a SA candidate should not be doing as we should be setting an example to the lower ranks.

Good Luck Rocco.

Grand General

USAF Security Forces 

1 hour ago, Hunt said:

+/ - Support 

+he's on a lot 

Good Luck Rocco.

+Murder mystery=Best Events

3 hours ago, Hunt said:

+/ - Support 

+he's on a lot 

Good Luck Rocco.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

On 2/23/2020 at 11:17 PM, Pooders said:

+Support 

-i've played with rocco for a long time and he is mature

-he's on a lot 

-deserves his rank

Good Luck Rocco!!

Yes just yes thats all that has to be said good luck

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

On 2/23/2020 at 11:35 PM, Matthew said:

+Support

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

8 hours ago, Munchies said:

+Support

Hello Rocco Rex,

I feel that you're ready for the rank of 'Super Admin' from seeing other people's response, It's looking positive! You have a great reputation within the community, you show dedication towards your server and your application. Your application has very good detailed and you have put a lot of effort and time into it! Like Matthew said, you're a hard worker and you would always get on duty, that shows true commitment and dedication. I think you have met all the requirements to become the rank of 'Super Admin' and I feel that you will do just an amazing job at it!

Also, reading other response like +/- Supports, just make sure you're always respectful and acting mature while being a staff member. I personally think you're mature but from what other's are saying, just be careful and just make sure you're acting mature around others whether that be staff or new players etc. Just overall, make sure you're not doing anything wrong or acting in a different way towards others. Look at the response people give you and try and work on the things that people said, so you can improve etc!

If you feel this comment is confusing or not what you were expecting, feel free to contact me via, teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc! I would be happily to answer any of your questions or help you with anything. I'm always free, so pop in and have a chat! Good luck Roco, I hope you get the rank 'Super Admin'!

Kind Regards

Munchies

27/02/2020

Huge +Support

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

On 2/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, Matthew said:

+Support

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

+Support

- Active

- Knowledgeable on the Rules

- Knowledgeable on the Staff Handbook

- Hard working and Friendly

The reasons above are why I believe you should be promoted to Super Admin.

You were a great staff member on PoliceRP, and I'm sure you are the same on ImperialRP as well.

I hope to see you as a Super Admin soon.

Good luck Rocco Rex!

spacer.png

On 2/23/2020 at 8:35 PM, Matthew said:

+Support

Well said Matthew! Major +Support!

spacer.png

+/- Support

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Rocco is very professional. He handles things in a manner that is, in my opinion, on a much higher level than a good majority of staff members. However, I think this professionalism is misplaced. The level of aggressive, clinical attitude towards staffing can often come off as off-putting and overbearing. There's been times (none of which I can pinpoint) where someone has done something against the rules to a small degree that had a sledge hammer brought down upon them instead of a light nudge to do the right thing. This attitude towards staffing a Gmod Server is VERY effective at successfully enforcing rules and maintaining a smooth running server experience, but it also comes off as power hungry and somewhat self-destructive.

Rocco, you have a lot of professionalism. That's clear to see and is a rarity in a lot of online circles, but I just don't think a Gmod server where people should be having fun needs such an overbearing approach. Try to have some more fun and learn to de-stress a little. I think it would help your staffing style and make you into an even better staff member than you currently are. Also, grudges aren't good to have. I've noticed in my time that you harbor what seem like personal grudges against some select players, Alec for example. Whether warranted or not, just try to be a bit more objective rather than assuming the worst even if that assumption is sometimes necessary.

Best of luck.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former Co-Manager of GL MethRP and GL MilitaryRP. Former Janitor Beve.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

On 2/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, Greta Thunberg said:

On 2/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, TheJayden said:

Huge +Support

On 2/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, TheJayden said:

Huge +Support

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

On 2/24/2020 at 4:26 AM, Nimo said:

+Support

Amazing Staff Member

Always on staff

Very Active

Friendly

Deserves postition

Ex - Clone Wars RP Commander Cody Ex - Senior Moderator CWRP & Imperial RP | Ex - Imperial RP 501st VCMDR

"You eggs are going to be the death of me" - Guy Science