Calamity Multiple Offenses- Accepted

Mr Yobo

Your in game name: Yobo

Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:96930298

The player's in game name: Calamity

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_1:0:441397904

What did the player do: Copbait, RDM, FailRP, Priority Rules.
This "Super Admin" Drifted around a State Trooper on the wrong side of the road and then continued to speed. Once this "Super Admin" was pulled over, My Troopers deployed spikes strips due to the family being known for Major Crimes. My Troopers then attempted to roleplay a traffic stop, this "Super Admin" Instead decided to hop out of his car and start a shootout during a simple traffic stop. 

Evidence (required):  (Maddog's Mic Audio Did Not Record) 

What do you believe should happen to the player: I request that this staff member gets thee appropriate warns and a firm talking too as this is not the standard of a "Super Admin"

Any extra information: If this staff member warns others for this same offense I feel as though he should know the rules 100 Percent. 

Edited by Yobo

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

My Side Of The Story

I just got on the server after the mega community event was not paying attention and flew passed you guys. That was my bad!

You pulled me over, after hearing the sirens I instantly pulled over, you automatically put spike stripes on the ground threatening my life

I asked why they kept threatening me and he did not provide a response.

My life was threatened, you spiked my car for no valid reason, I shot you guys.

If this was a simple traffic stop, why did you spike my vehicle? Why, that is not roleplay, that is endangering someones life !

You expect roleplay in that situation? "Your life is threatened by an officer" directly in the MOTD

• Like 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

9 minutes ago, soulness said:

+support

Clearly shows breaking priority rules 

cop bait

Not wanted before traffic stop

"Super admin" should know the rules 

+support

Sorry calamity but spike strips are no threat to your life this is a bad excuse to get out of the warn you broke the rules accept the punishment

• Like 1

No. Putting spike strips down too protect OUR life and stop you the criminal from fleeing is not threatening your life.. You are a SWAT Reserve you should know this.. SO you are telling me Payday shoots cops for placing down spike strips? You know damn well that when a priority family is pulled over that is the process that always happens.. What kind of roleplay is shooting a Police Officer for placing down spike strips.. You were not even damaged nor was your tires popped..  Don't even try and weasel your self out of this situation. Regardless its still Cop-bait. 

+support sorry calamity but you should know what priority rules you didn't really have a good reason to start a shoot out if they were being friendly and non hosital 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

23 minutes ago, soulness said:

+support

Clearly shows breaking priority rules 

cop bait

Not wanted before traffic stop

"Super admin" should know the rules 

+Support for myself as well and the following above
Also, before you say I was wrong or doing anything bad or unlawful, look at how I look back when you ran the first stop sign and let you go and if you did it by accident. 

When I was putting spikes under your car, cause no harm to your well-being. It turns out to my concerns your trying to loopholes the rules.
I did state the reasons; however, the recording doesn't pick my mic, but you seem to stop asking it the question and change to us being "hostile" to you when we told you that your family (Payday) is known for causing shootings. It's not SX or Bloods or even Crips. Its either Payday or UMC.

I gotten invited to play on an RP server with another a few other people, and never did I saw a staff member broken a rule before. 

Police RP as a whole has been going down due to how the staff team deals with sits. Banning someone or warning someone isn't going to help the community. If staff talk to those people who "minges" on the server, there would be more people on the server

21 minutes ago, Yobo said:

No. Putting spike strips down too protect OUR life and stop you the criminal from fleeing is not threatening your life.. You are a SWAT Reserve you should know this.. SO you are telling me Payday shoots cops for placing down spike strips? You know damn well that when a priority family is pulled over that is the process that always happens.. What kind of roleplay is shooting a Police Officer for placing down spike strips.. You were not even damaged nor was your tires popped..  Don't even try and weasel your self out of this situation. Regardless its still Cop-bait. 

In the video I said "Why the hostility" he replied "Oh that does not matter", He threatened my life. There is no roleplay putting spikes stripes down for a simple speeding ticket, have you actually placed down spikes stripes in real life? They are huge, and only deployed in pursuits.

Your SOP includes nothing on Spike striping a car for a normal traffic stop

Also Maddog, do not take videos of yourself when you have gas in you inventory, exploiting glitches, and more look at 1:04

spacer.png

Edited by Calamity
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

7 minutes ago, Calamity said:

In the video I said "Why the hostility" he replied "Oh that does not matter", He threatened my life. There is no roleplay putting spikes stripes down for a simple speeding ticket, have you actually placed down spikes stripes in real life? They are huge, and only deployed in pursuits.

Also Maddog, do not take videos of yourself when you have gas in you inventory, exploiting glitches, and more look at 1:04

Just because its not in our SOP Doesn't mean I don't train them to use them. You don't come too our training's so you don't know what I teach them about spike strips. I don't see anything in the MOTD mentioning spike strips being a weapon so oh no it doesn't count? Who are you even your logic floored as you are searching desperately to dig your self out of this quicksand. Notice how this report says "Calamity" Not Maddog. Take your pitty half ass reasoning to another post if you want to drag others down instead of admitting to your crimes. Really shows what kind of person you are.

I have random shit in my inventory that people dropped me? like? restrained KAC PDW etc so? Ban me?

Edited by Yobo

-Support 

Spikes under a car can be threatening 

You guys were being the hostel 

He felt threatened 

9 minutes ago, Calamity said:

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Calamity said:

That's an irrelevant statement. However, those were given by SMT themself and left them there for years now. And one of them was ArmyGuy who give it to me

-Support

The spike strips were falsely used and were not needed.  Spike strips are to be used in Code Amber Pursuits and higher.  You used the spike strips on a traffic stop, which would not happen in real life.   In real-life, police are not authorized to use spike strips unless a vehicle is considered “Armed and/or Dangerous”.  With that being said, the vehicle did not show actions to be considered dangerous.  He simply pulled over and waited for you to continue with the stop.  Using the skin on the vehicle, you considered him dangerous without getting any form of identification.  The negative hostility (which was not RP for a "Simple traffic stop") gives Dallas the authority to retaliate.

Edited by Northy
  • Gaminglight Love 2

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

51 minutes ago, Northy said:

-Support

The spike strips were falsely used and were not needed.  Spike strips are to be used in Code Amber Pursuits and higher.  You used the spike strips on a traffic stop, which would not happen in real life.

+/- support no cop in real life would throw spikes under a car on a traffic stop although in real life they may use stop sticks if they suspect a guy might run with warrents but stop sticks are diffrent than spike strips ima just leave this here 

Edited by JUDOPENGUIN

+ Support 

Spike strips can be used as a precaution to prevent a subject vehicle from escape. I’ve seen IRL PD do this on stops. Yes  it is realistic to do this.

Spike strips are in no way a threat to your life the only way that they become a threat is if you drive away or if you purposely step on then  otherwise they course no harm. As PD Command and SWAT  you should know this 

priority rules state it is FailRP to engage Law enforcement in a shoot out because of a traffic stop UNLESS they are actively threatening your life (spikes do not count) or you are wanted  these rules were put in place to stop this exact situation from happening. As a Super Admin you should know this.  

As for the cop bait. Weather or not you know that there are PD close you still shouldn’t be driving like an ass hole. Not only could this situation happen but it also ruins the RP of other then you smash into them at mock 3  

im sorry calamity but you messed up here

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | Senior Moderator | SRT Supervisor Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

8 Year GL Veteran | 7 Year PoliceRP LEO | | PoliceRP Staff of 4 years |

41 minutes ago, Northy said:

-Support

The spike strips were falsely used and were not needed.  Spike strips are to be used in Code Amber Pursuits and higher.  You used the spike strips on a traffic stop, which would not happen in real life.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

59 minutes ago, Northy said:

-Support

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

1 hour ago, Northy said:

-Support

still had no reason to kill us.

-support 

I think what you will see is that you  just admitted to metagame.  How do you know what family he is in before getting his ID...

Why even use spikes, you were ready to place spikes but not to call backup... seems odd

You guys should read when you can use the spikes because clearly you don't know

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

42 minutes ago, soulness said:

still had no reason to kill us.

I feel that with the hostile actions taken against Dallas gives him valid authority to retaliate against the officers.  If you feel the vehicle is dangerous enough to use spike strips, Dallas has full authority to feel you’re a threat to him.

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

26 minutes ago, Sion said:

-support 

I think what you will see is that you  just admitted to metagame.  How do you know what family he is in before getting his ID...

Why even use spikes, you were ready to place spikes but not to call backup... seems odd

I mean the metagame thing is kinda thrown out the window the car has the name of the family  soo that's what kinda gave it away ,, and the reasoning for the spikes maddogs words were he was speeding / running stop signs in a fast matter   cops irl do this 

25 minutes ago, Northy said:

I feel that with the hostile actions taken against Dallas gives him valid authority to retaliate against the officers.  If you feel the vehicle is dangerous enough to use spike strips, Dallas has full authority to feel you’re a threat to him.

Now north shooting some one because they put spikes under your car isn't really hostile if they had there guns out and yelling at him I could see why but after see the video when soulness was doing a really chilled traffic stop   being polite and such this could have been involved  if he just let them continue he wasn't being kicked out of his car etc or yelled at in that matter 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

44 minutes ago, Sion said:

-support 

+Support. 

I kinda see how the spike strips could be seen as threatening, but the MOTD says that your life needs to be threatened. Not your car tires. We use spike strips as we have no alternative. GTR’s are not realistic in their speed compared to a pursuit charger so we need to balance it out. 

It also says in the chat every couple of minutes to not drive like an idiot because it is cop bait. But I don’t think anyone pays attention to that when they think they’re not being watched. So the decision on this report will set precedent for cop baiting at least. 

I don’t see how this is meta gaming? You think police have no idea who owns a car before they get ID? ANPR systems tell them who they are, any warrants and if the car has expired registration or no insurance. I know we don’t have that, but we can RP having it because we would have it in real life. And the fact it says Payday on the car.. As Yobo also said, we are trained to use them in a high priority traffic stop with a known dangerous family member and have been for years. So they weren’t used improperly as no one has ever had an issue with this and goes against no rules. 

I also don’t get the - Supporting and quoting of the spike strips being used improperly, considering that is only one part of the report and the fact that police use things that are exactly the same technology of spike strips just a easier design to slide under the car. We use what we are given because this is not real life, This is SEMI serious role play so we don’t have access to everything real PD would have.

I don’t think it’s realistic or makes sense that your role play character who is a murderer thief who does not care about other people’s lives and gets into shootouts on a daily basis gets scared and thinks his life is threatened by some spikes being out under his tires so they could conduct the stop without you fleeing. 

1 hour ago, JUDOPENGUIN said:

+/- support no cop in real life would throw spikes under a car on a traffic stop although in real life they may use stop sticks if they suspect a guy might run with warrents but stop sticks are diffrent than spike strips ima just leave this here 

This report is well needed, not because it is a report against calamity but because it will show us what is considered ‘threatening your life’ and give more clarity to the priority rules.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

+Support. 

I kinda see how the spike strips could be seen as threatening, but the MOTD says that your life needs to be threatened. Not your car tires. We use spike strips as we have no alternative. GTR’s are not realistic in their speed compared to a pursuit charger so we need to balance it out. 

It also says in the chat every couple of minutes to not drive like an idiot because it is cop bait. But I don’t think anyone pays attention to that when they think they’re not being watched. So the decision on this report will set precedent for cop baiting at least. 

I don’t see how this is meta gaming? You think police have no idea who owns a car before they get ID? ANPR systems tell them who they are, any warrants and if the car has expired registration or no insurance. I know we don’t have that, but we can RP having it because we would have it in real life. And the fact it says Payday on the car.. As Yobo also said, we are trained to use them in a high priority traffic stop with a known dangerous family member and have been for years. So they weren’t used improperly as no one has ever had an issue with this and goes against no rules. 

I also don’t get the - Supporting and quoting of the spike strips being used improperly, considering that is only one part of the report and the fact that police use things that are exactly the same technology of spike strips just a easier design to slide under the car. We use what we are given because this is not real life, This is SEMI serious role play so we don’t have access to everything real PD would have.

I don’t think it’s realistic or makes sense that your role play character who is a murderer thief who does not care about other people’s lives and gets into shootouts on a daily basis gets scared and thinks his life is threatened by some spikes being out under his tires so they could conduct the stop without you fleeing. 

This report is well needed, not because it is a report against calamity but because it will show us what is considered ‘threatening your life’ and give more clarity to the priority rules.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

NEUTRAL

Hello to whoever this may concern,

Although, I believe Calamity didn't roleplay that situation out. But the spike strips shouldn't have been there... Yes, this is a semi-role play server but it clearly states in the MOTD, "Use Common Sense! Act like it is real life. If you wouldn't do something in real life, don't do it here!". In this situation,  you would role-play the traffic stop how a normal officer would do it in the real world. People do have their own opinions when it comes to these types of situations, people agree and disagree but at the end of the day, you should be role-playing as you would act in real life... whether that be cop or civilian!

Watching the video, Calamity did not role-play that situation. It does show Calamity copbaiting and rdming as this was just a normal traffic stop, Calamity wasn't wanted or had any warrants at the time. The Trooper shouldn't of deployed the spike trips, as they were not needed in a traffic stop. Spike trips should only be used for pursuits, checkpoints etc. However, spike strips do not threaten someones live, it protects officers and civilians etc. Just use common sense when using spike trips.

Calamity, should be warned for Copbait and RDM. As you can see in the video, and maybe a rule or add to your MOTD about using spike trips etc. People need to know that this is a game, but also a server to role-play on and relieves stress when coming home from a hard day! People do spend a lot of hours and days to play this server, player's do not want to come into a server where people will just mess around and not following simple rules etc. That just ruins the fun for them and leaves them with a bad experience.

Also, just make sure we're not arguing in this topic. As this can cause drama and enemies etc! Keep posts to a minimum, if you do not like the response that someone gave you. Feel free to message them in a private message on the forums and keep this topic clean. Just remember, people are just stating their opinion in this situation! Remember to respect the Gaminglight community, and care for others around you! This is a friendly community, where we all respect each other!

Kind Regards

Munchies

24/02/2020

Edited by Munchies
  • Like 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

+/- Support

I haven’t made my decision as this report hurts my eyes. 

Will make my actual decision when I can read this and when I can properly review everything, why the (“)’s around Super Admin? I think we know he is and @Yobo 2 Questions: Which major crimes did his family commit, did you die at all between any of these crimes (NLR) and, it’s not really a simple traffic stop if spikes are deployed? 

Edited by EnderKnight57

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."